PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Stranger Than Fan Fiction" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "Stranger Than Fan Fiction"  (Read 18351 times)
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: 2016-07-31 22:33:23 »

Faust wanted a galaxy girls show, she took ponies as the consolation prize.  But from what interviews have said, Soad is pretty on the money.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #61 on: 2016-07-31 22:34:33 »

But from what interviews have said, Soad is pretty on the money.

What do you mean?
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: 2016-07-31 22:40:25 »

She sort of seemed a bit pre-Madonna.  It was either her way, or she wasn't happy, then just left.
This.  A lot of the writers said she was a bit of a dictator when it came to minor, inconsequential shit.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #63 on: 2016-07-31 22:43:37 »

I bet she was. She has an ego. She comes with a storied past of writing, and is married to an established writer, who executes what he starts and doesn't just quit. 
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: 2016-07-31 22:45:12 »

I imagine Craig lost his shit when she came home and was like "I quit a successful TV show with a major corporation".  I dunno, in his shoes I'd be like "...you can't be serious"
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #65 on: 2016-07-31 22:48:37 »

I imagine Craig lost his shit when she came home and was like "I quit a successful TV show with a major corporation".  I dunno, in his shoes I'd be like "...you can't be serious"

I know I'd be pretty ticked.  Like, seriously?  That would have been a lot of added annual income.... just because you felt so entitled that you couldn't have everything exactly your way?  Jeez... 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #66 on: 2016-07-31 22:48:46 »

I'd be pretty mad if I were Craig.  I'm sure in his head, he was pretty unhappy. 
« Last Edit: 2016-07-31 22:49:07 by Soda » Logged
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #67 on: 2016-08-01 00:05:16 »

Wow, you guys are getting pretty deep in convo about the lack of everything Faust did.  Is that the new cool thing to hate on her? 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: 2016-08-01 00:28:00 »

It's not hate, just a feeling of meh towards someone who has something good and walks away from it because of some vague 'creative differences' reason.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #69 on: 2016-08-01 01:23:40 »

Well she also wanted to do her own thing, and didn't immediately drop off. She just became less and less involved with the show throughout S2 until finally she wasn't even there. It's why a lot of people feel S2 was really good. It's a mixed bag in my opinion. But even after she left the show, she acted really immature about for awhile. Acting really salty and stuff.

I hate that people still take her word as law, it's like, guys she doesn't work there anymore. Anything she says has no effect on what the writers do know.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-01 01:24:23 by LP » Logged

HulkbowSMASH

PSF Tourist

Email
« Reply #70 on: 2016-08-01 01:45:07 »

Funny thing, I had no idea who she was when I first got into FiM.  When people started talking about her as being the person who was designing the latest MLP reboot, I thought maybe Hasbro had run some sort of public contest, and this Lauren person was just some random girl on DA who won.  It was sometime after I'd gotten hooked on pone that I found out she'd worked on other stuff before, and I was like, "Oh!  She was involved in those shows...that I never really cared for.  Okay."

I love the FiM characters and world she came up with.  I liked a fair bit of the over-arching ideas and arcs she had in mind, and thought others were crap.  Mixed feelings on her as a person; I appreciate what she's done for the Wildlife Learning Center but otherwise don't care much for her.

That said, I do prefer the first two seasons as a whole, though I don't doubt it was at least partly because it was still new--both in the sense that it was the honeymoon period for me as a viewer, and that the show staff were still fleshing out a lot of what would become canon.

I hate that people still take her word as law, it's like, guys she doesn't work there anymore. Anything she says has no effect on what the writers do know.
The show's based entirely on the foundation of her show bible, and they've said they do their best to follow it.  So yeah, what she said absolutely has an effect on what gets churned out.  They've also agreed with fans who've pointed out when characters acted off-character.

If you mean what she says after having left as to how she would've pursued a concept, then sure, there's no reason the show would follow those ideas.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-01 02:03:32 by HulkbowSMASH » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #71 on: 2016-08-01 10:27:10 »

She had worked less on the show then many writers already there.  There were more episodes and seasons she wasn't there then she was there. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #72 on: 2016-08-01 10:33:17 »

I meant the stuff she said after she left.
Like she says things that weren't said before hand and people still take what she says for canon. Even though she doesn't work on the show.

Also, the direction she planned to take the show and stuff. She left, it's up to the new writers to see what best direction to take the show.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #73 on: 2016-08-01 11:37:45 »

Don't get me wrong, she had some pretty cool ideas, but since she hasn't been there to do anything, it's not her baby anymore.

It is still unknown if she could have done what she wanted if she had stayed.  But for now, the show is doing a good job.  Some things are begin missed such as certain relationships. 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #74 on: 2016-08-01 13:24:30 »

So Meg is like the Stan Lee of MLP: FIM.   Except we have yet to see a Pony character based on her turn up in the series.

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Stranger Than Fan Fiction" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024