PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Easter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Easter  (Read 23420 times)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2016-03-29 05:47:59 »

I hope you guys had a nice Easter.  I know I had a good one.  I had breakfast really early with my girl, then we met up with family, went to church, and THEN had brunch too!  Ha ha! So much food before noon!  I probably gained 840lbs.  Yep.  Sticking by that number. 

I actually had an Easter pic I was gonna release.  I just never finished it in time.
Claof

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2016-03-29 06:14:09 »

So, I'm I the only one here that's not a Christian?
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2016-03-29 07:03:39 »

No. Blurr isn't religious either.

yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2016-03-29 07:11:17 »

Heh heh, thanks Yasl. I was more questioning whether I was Christian or Catholic.

Ah, whoops!  In that case, I would say: both!

All Catholics are members of the Christian faith, implicitly / by definition.  Indeed, the Catholic church claims descent from the Roman Christian religion established around ~300AD, and enforced as the one true Roman state religion by the Edict of Thessalonica in 385, which displaced the old Roman pagan system.  "Catholic" comes from the Greek "katholikos", meaning "Universal", and referred to the Christian Church at large, as distinguished from the various local sects that flourished at that time.

--

Quote from: Claof
So, I'm I the only one here that's not a Christian?
Quote from: yasl
I for one am a filthy heathen, but I never pass up the opportunity to consume chocolate in quantities that are usually socially unacceptable.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2016-03-29 08:40:02 »

Catholicism and Christianity go hand in hand.  In overarching everything-ness, they are Christian.

One could also say Mormonism is under the Christian banner too.  Though they do certainly have different beliefs and have added the Book of Mormon as well and the Holy Bible to their readings and understanding.  Many Mormons do not accept the Trinitarian views of orthodox Nicene Christianity, which were agreed upon by Christians back during the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed.  That means, all these groups, or sects of Christianity (Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Anglican, major Protestant denominations) all agreed to accept what the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed said.  Mormonism has not accepted it.  This was agreed upon in 325 and then was updated at the First Council of Constantinople in 381.  You can view the difference between the two agreements here.

They all just have some different beliefs or viewpoints based on who founded it.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-29 08:47:34 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2016-03-29 09:21:51 »

I have a Mormon friend (let's use that term loosely). His explanation of his beliefs are.... Frustrating?
He's very pushy about them, and tries to preach it as the most right thing there is, and I'm just sitting here like "bruh... Just shut up please. You're writing a fic about ponies. You don't have to include all your religious beliefs into it. Just let me edit your words in peace."

Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: 2016-03-29 09:34:51 »

I'm so old for Easter these days. XD It's almost like any other day to me now, really. Was fun though as a kid to go looking for eggs or getting treats and coloring books in baskets. :3 Not to mention the Rankin-Bass specials. XD

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2016-03-29 10:19:59 »

I remember growing up, easter was always fun.   I loved the candy and egg hunts, and didn't fully understand the true meaning to the celebration.  As I got older, I got it.

Now days though, it is similar to any other day for me.  I appreciate the day, and understand why it is celebrated.  If I get with family, I happily partake, and I might even go chase some eggs with the cousins and kids and all. ;)   Your never too old for Easter fun... right?
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: 2016-03-29 12:04:31 »

No. Blurr isn't religious either.
Me neither.

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2016-03-29 12:10:50 »

Anyone get some marked down candy yet?  I bought a bag of milk chocolate eggs.  :) 
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2016-03-29 12:14:50 »

I didn't get chocolate. I just went to a family get together like every year

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2016-03-29 13:31:29 »

What?!  No chocolate?  I'm sorry, you want a hug? 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2016-03-29 16:13:47 »

Where's my hug D: I never got chocolate for Easter! Lol jk, but that sucks Blurr. Couldn't you have snagged some chocolates from the bag or something? I kinda doubt your parents would be like "NO CHOCOLATE FOR U! U 2 OLD!"

mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2016-03-29 22:17:11 »

Catholicism and Christianity go hand in hand.  In overarching everything-ness, they are Christian.

One could also say Mormonism is under the Christian banner too.  Though they do certainly have different beliefs and have added the Book of Mormon as well and the Holy Bible to their readings and understanding.  Many Mormons do not accept the Trinitarian views of orthodox Nicene Christianity, which were agreed upon by Christians back during the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed.  That means, all these groups, or sects of Christianity (Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Anglican, major Protestant denominations) all agreed to accept what the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed said.  Mormonism has not accepted it.  This was agreed upon in 325 and then was updated at the First Council of Constantinople in 381.  You can view the difference between the two agreements here.

They all just have some different beliefs or viewpoints based on who founded it.

Today honestly was a rough day for me :( but man...I was not expecting this. I'm seriously happy I saw this ^^ The reason why is because I'm a Mormon. The full name of our church is different, but Mormon is a nickname that is a lot less of a mouthful to say. The nickname makes a lot of sense because of the Book of Mormon, and we do believe in the Bible too :D

LP, I know people who are pushy like that :( Mormon, Catholic, Muslim, Jew, there's pushy people in every religion and it makes me sad. If someone wants to talk about religion that's fine, but pushing religious views and beliefs on someone who doesn't know much about a certain religion can be not just awkward, but offensive X_X

Also, this may sound odd, but...religion in a pony story sounds awfully forced ^^;. I mean, I don't blame him, but I'm a Mormon too and it's not a good idea to be that eager to show what you believe in a pony story of all things, unless for some reason religion became what a person wanted in a pony story XD
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2016-03-29 23:25:28 »

Ive seen religious views in pony comics. Even Scootaloo's Scootaquest has religion laced in it. Whether it has meaning or just for fun I dont know. But Twi had a Holy Bible on her book shelf. We see churches in backgrounds and Applejack eveb prayed, though never specific.
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Easter « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024