PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  Community  >  Site News & Feedback  >  Topic: Bugs & Feature Requests 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 45 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bugs & Feature Requests  (Read 206053 times)
yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2016-01-26 19:03:27 »

Edit: It worked, thank you so much! :3 The only downside is that they can't be saved unless (from what I found out on another website), I'd have to write my own CSS or whatever for it. :(

Haha, no, I just meant for you to test whether the font was screwing it up, and it appears that it was.  Then I can work out a persistent fix.

I just realized that I might be able to embed arbitrary fonts into these posts; though I'm not sure whether multi-word typefaces work properly, I think this way is worth a shot.

Which, if any, of the following render as garbage for you?:

Palatino Linotype
Book Antiqua
Palatino
Serif
yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2016-01-27 00:29:20 »

In other news, I've increased the avatar size limit to 120x120px.  To take advantage of this, you'll need to re-upload your avatar (unless it's hosted on an external site).

I'm open to suggestions that the limit should be larger still, though such suggestions should be reasoned or give examples.
Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: 2016-01-27 02:49:57 »

Edit: It worked, thank you so much! :3 The only downside is that they can't be saved unless (from what I found out on another website), I'd have to write my own CSS or whatever for it. :(

Haha, no, I just meant for you to test whether the font was screwing it up, and it appears that it was.  Then I can work out a persistent fix.

I just realized that I might be able to embed arbitrary fonts into these posts; though I'm not sure whether multi-word typefaces work properly, I think this way is worth a shot.

Which, if any, of the following render as garbage for you?:

Palatino Linotype
Book Antiqua
Palatino
Serif

Ah okay, sorry about that hehe. ^^ It looks like it's Palatino, the third one.

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2016-01-27 04:25:25 »

Ah okay, sorry about that hehe. ^^ It looks like it's Palatino, the third one.

Drats.  That one's meant to be pretty safe :(

For now I've changed the font-family to the exceedingly conservative value of "serif".  It won't be as pretty, but usability is more important.
Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: 2016-01-27 11:37:23 »

Hm, maybe if I download/install the font? :3 I have it installed now, maybe that'll help out.

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2016-01-27 15:16:18 »

Random and no big deal, but our mini profiles, is there a way for it to show members gender?

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: 2016-01-27 15:25:41 »

This is not any deal breaker or even that important.  But I was looking at a topic by Paws, and wanted to give it a "thumbs up" like on PSF 1.0.  Is there any star, fav, thumbs up feature?  I also don't want to clutter the posting area. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2016-01-27 16:46:28 »

To go with what Raine said, maybe the gender icon could go in place of that ribbon that shows up next to the PM option. When I scroll over the ribbon it says "online" so I'm guessing it shows your online status. But then, that's a bit redundant, since above the avatar there's a little mini computer that shows whether someone is online or not.

yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2016-01-27 18:27:52 »

Hm, maybe if I download/install the font? :3 I have it installed now, maybe that'll help out.

If it's not installed, it should fall back to the next font defined, which would have been serif anyway.  You can test in the same way as before, but instead of unchecking the check box, double-click the current value of font-family ("serif") and alter it to "Palatino, serif".

To go with what Raine said, maybe the gender icon could go in place of that ribbon that shows up next to the PM option. When I scroll over the ribbon it says "online" so I'm guessing it shows your online status. But then, that's a bit redundant, since above the avatar there's a little mini computer that shows whether someone is online or not.

The scroll /is/ the link to quick-PM that member, as far as I can see.

There is an option to display gender on all posts, but it's much harder to add additional genders.  Out of respect for those with non-binary identities, I felt it was best to not plaster the gender icons on every thread.

This is not any deal breaker or even that important.  But I was looking at a topic by Paws, and wanted to give it a "thumbs up" like on PSF 1.0.  Is there any star, fav, thumbs up feature?  I also don't want to clutter the posting area. 

What was the effect of that feature?  Is it along the lines of the "Notify" button (top & bottom right of the thread), where you are notified of new replies?  If instead it was some Facebook-style "Like" feature, that just registers approval, there is none in SMF that I'm aware of.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2016-01-27 19:44:24 »

The "Thumbs up" was a feature similar to Facebook.  It had no effect other then knowing if people liked something or not. 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: 2016-01-27 19:46:45 »

I'm all for the genders being shown though.  If someone chooses not to pick one, it doesn't need to appear.  It only has to show up if someone chooses too. 

As for the thumbs up thing, it's all good if SMF does not have something for that.  It was just a quirk I happened to get used too on PSF 1.0.  Thank you for the hard work. 
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2016-01-27 21:30:13 »

Sorry, one last thing I can think of  >_< 

Is there a way to multi-quote?  As in quote multiple different people in one post? 

yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2016-01-27 21:34:33 »

Hm.  I think there should be, but it's not available on this theme.  Might be easy to port; I'll look into it!
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: 2016-01-27 21:45:38 »

I can confirm the site works on Safari with an Apple.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2016-01-28 10:04:47 »

Eh, it varies. Some posts get cut off. And I can't see a whole comment. For the most part though, it works. Heck, most of my comments are made from mobile XD

But yeah, it is possible to multi quote. You just need to put more effort. Like click quote, then if you want to quote someone else you have to do it in another page and then copy paste the [quote.] [/quote.] in for to the first comment before posting it.
It was the same way in PSF 1.0. Although personally, I don't see a poin in quoting unless you're responding only to a select part of someone's message. If you're replying in general to their comment there's no need to quote, since the person is going to check the thread when they see it's been updated.
That's just me though.

Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 45 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  Community  >  Site News & Feedback  >  Topic: Bugs & Feature Requests « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024