PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: The Loud House 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Loud House  (Read 17520 times)
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2016-11-21 22:03:26 »

I tried watching this series, I gave it about four episodes, starting from the beginning, and it isn't my cup of tea.  The characters are cute, but every character is a trope or a stereotype.  To me the stories seem to shallow and thin, and just don't capture my interest enough.  I'm also not a fan of some of the characters such as Clyde.  He doesn't seem a proper fit to Lincoln, and why does he have white hair? :)

Anyways, I am glad Nick has a new show, and it is innocent enough, but I was hoping for a series with a bit more meat to sink my teeth into.  It is a good mindless show.

I said this elsewhere and will say it again.

I really don't think there is anything I watch on Nickelodeon anymore.  The channel overall is just a shadow of it's former self, and no current show on then network will have a lasting impact.  They are all these "fad" shows that will be popular a short time then disappear.  The Loud House is an example of that.  Another examples was TUFF Puppy.  It had a quick "drive by" following then they moved on to the next thing real quick.  Same will happen to this show.

Nickelodeon has nothing that will last right now.

I also dislike FLASH animation, so I don't care for this show's animation.  This kind of flash animation is very.... meeeeeehhhh.  Super cheap looking, but decently done at least.  Too bad networks won't give more money to produce better then flash material.  It gets real old, and the limitations are irritating. All the angles are always the same and very limited. 

Sadly this new generation of kid's are stuck with such a limited selection of shows, and mediocre shows they think are great, because they simply don't know better.  Give me an hour with any one of these new generation of kids, and let me show them shows from Nick's glory days, and they too will most likely agree, that they currently have been short changed by Nickelodeon. 
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2016-11-21 22:31:20 »

I tried watching this series, I gave it about four episodes, starting from the beginning, and it isn't my cup of tea.  The characters are cute, but every character is a trope or a stereotype.  To me the stories seem to shallow and thin, and just don't capture my interest enough.  I'm also not a fan of some of the characters such as Clyde.  He doesn't seem a proper fit to Lincoln, and why does he have white hair? :)

Anyways, I am glad Nick has a new show, and it is innocent enough, but I was hoping for a series with a bit more meat to sink my teeth into.  It is a good mindless show.

I understand. I actually really like the Show. It's been a while since Nickelodeon did a really good Cartoon. I like the art style of the Show because of how cartoony it is. Well it is not Looney Tunes cartoony because it does not do wacky humor, LOL! But the art style is still cartoony. The Show does kinda have a feeling of most late 90s and/or early 2000s and Cartoons now a days with a nostalgia feeling are pretty rare and it is good to see The Loud House do so. Also the Show has some good episode plots for it being a slice of life Cartoon. Lincoln and his Sisters are pretty cute. Speaking of which the characters looking cute looking is one of the reasons why I thought of taking a look at the Show back when it was first announced. Luna is my fav out of all of them, I just really like how she is a cute rocker with a rockin attitude.
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2016-11-21 22:34:07 »

The Show does kinda have a feeling of most late 90s and/or early 2000s and Cartoons now a days with a nostalgia feeling are pretty rare and it is good to see The Loud House do so.

I picked up on that vibe, and I did enjoy that.  I know what you mean.  It has a different feeling then a lot of shows.  For some reason, it reminds me of another show that went against the grain, that was short lived on Cartoon Network.  You might remember it, but it was called, "Whatever Happened to Robot Jones."  I am glad you find so much enjoyment in the series and have a passion for it. 
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2016-11-21 22:36:10 »

Well I doubt if it will go away too soon. It's pretty popular right now and it has beaten Spongebob in ratings, so I think it will have a decent run as long as it does not go too short like Invader Zim or too long like Spongebob.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2016-11-21 22:39:19 »

Eh, it just seems like dad popularity. Like Wolf said. I don't think I can get into it.

I get that you're saying it's Sunday cartoon style of the old days. But the reason old day cartoons had simple shapes was because they didn't have the technology to be animating and moving them easily. Hence why a cartoon in this day and age has no excuse. If they wanted an excuse to do the old school look, they should have hand drawn it. Or at least drawn it on computers. Not just, lazy circle flash animation.

And again, SpongeBob isn't popular anymore. Hence why it may have better ratings than it lol.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-21 22:39:54 by Death Blossom » Logged

DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2016-11-21 22:42:21 »

It could get more popularity as time goes by. Right now on Deviantart, a lot of people are talking about it! LOL
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2016-11-21 22:45:24 »

Well... A lot of people on DeviantArt are talking about freaking Bread Winners lol.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2016-11-21 22:48:36 »

Bread Winners = one of the worst shows in recent memory.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2016-11-21 22:51:53 »

Despite what I said, as long as someone enjoys the series, or any series, that is all that matters.  I just stated my opinion folks, lets move on.

Just remember the other big name series that faded rather quickly, Phineas and Ferb, TUFF Puppy, Danny Phantom, etc. 
« Last Edit: 2016-11-21 22:52:41 by Wolfwood » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2016-11-21 22:54:09 »

Phineas and Ferb was a good show, and had good ratings. But I don't think it had much following online, or did it?

But yeah, different strokes, different folks.

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2016-11-21 22:57:05 »

PnF had big ratings, huge ratings actually.  Best Disney ratings program ever I think.  But they oddly had little to no presence online.  They had a forum, kind of.... and a fairly sizable following on Deviant Art, but most of the DA people were hounds, then they disappeared and moved on to the next "fad." 
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2016-11-22 10:36:05 »

Well all good shows must come to an end as long as if they have a good run. Also I'm not saying everyone has to like The Loud House. I'm just trying to get this Show more attention because anytime a new show or movie comes out. I like to try to give them more attention if any one is interested in it. Also I am fine with how much views a show or movie gets as long as it does not fall into obscurity.
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2016-12-08 18:17:01 »

Oh and mind if I talk about one weird and random moment of the show. If any of you want to know what it is. Here is what it is. In the episode Heavy Meddle, there is one scene in it where the sisters randomly turn into a tornado called a Sisternado because Lincoln said that he does not want to kiss a girl. Here is what the Sisternado looks like.

Link
« Last Edit: 2016-12-08 20:20:12 by Death Blossom » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2016-12-08 20:20:37 »

Please don't forget to embed your long links. They stretch our borders and look unsightly.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2016-12-09 00:29:25 »

That is really weird.  :D  Lol!  Didn't expect that.
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: The Loud House « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024