PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Who else has the feeling of stuff getting disliked for no good reason? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who else has the feeling of stuff getting disliked for no good reason?  (Read 25781 times)
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2017-01-14 10:32:43 »

Now we all have opinions right? Well sometimes when there are people who dislike certain things. They dislike them for no real good reason. Like if it is something that is popular then they just only dislike it because it is popular and if it is something that is for kids then they just only dislike it because it is for kids. Do does sound like real reasons to actually dislike something? No.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-14 12:34:22 by Death Blossom » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2017-01-14 11:20:54 »

Most people have legitimate reasons for disliking things. Because they have standards.

Like the Ghostbusters. It's crap. And j don't dislike it because it's "cool" to dislike it, but because it was just bad. It was unfunny is the main complaint. They had funny people, but the script was just... Bad. The CGI was bad and stuff. Now there are people who did just dislike it just to dislike it, but that's not the biggest amount of people.

Just because someone doesn't like something you like doesn't mean they're hating it for no reason. They could have reasons, and most likely do. And most likely have a standard they expect things to reach that aren't the same as yours.

And something being "for kids" can be a legitiment reason for hating something. Especially if it's too much for kids. If it's stupid frivolous garbage that has no substance other than to be bright and colorful shit to distract your 2 year old for an hour and a half. Just because something is for kids doesn't make it automatically bad, but when people don't try to make it better and treat their demographic with respect and produce crap for kids, then saying "it's for kids" can be a viable reason to hate those steaming piles of shit. Like MLP 3.5. It's strictly for kids. But I wouldn't even show a baby that trash.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-14 11:23:53 by Death Blossom » Logged

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2017-01-14 11:23:28 »

I know what you mean  DEE.  There  are plenty of things like that, but at the moment I can not think of many.

Sort of like how it was "popular" for people to hate the police in certain, stupid, circles. 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2017-01-14 11:24:27 »

*is.
Ftfy Darrin :P

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2017-01-14 11:32:22 »

People like to hate on Star Wars or Star Trek, especially if they are only a fan of one.

People like to hate Walmart simply because it is Walmart.  They label it as poorly treating their employee's and low pay... when actually they pay their starting employee's more then the national average. 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2017-01-14 11:36:00 »

Actually, Walmart is a shit show. They may pay them more, but they do dirty tricks to make sure they don't pay them overtime even if they are working overtime. My friend is more knowledgable about it, he's worked there and shit. It's... Yeah they don't treat their workers the best. At least when it comes to their salary. It's not low pay, but they do skimp out.

I personally like Star Trek. Was never a fan of Star Wars. Just never caught my interest. Too "boring" in my eyes when I was a kid. Star Trek interested me because the first thing my dad showed me was the movie where they save the whales ;P

DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2017-01-14 11:43:56 »

Most people have legitimate reasons for disliking things. Because they have standards.

Like the Ghostbusters. It's crap. And j don't dislike it because it's "cool" to dislike it, but because it was just bad. It was unfunny is the main complaint. They had funny people, but the script was just... Bad. The CGI was bad and stuff. Now there are people who did just dislike it just to dislike it, but that's not the biggest amount of people.

Just because someone doesn't like something you like doesn't mean they're hating it for no reason. They could have reasons, and most likely do. And most likely have a standard they expect things to reach that aren't the same as yours.

And something being "for kids" can be a legitiment reason for hating something. Especially if it's too much for kids. If it's stupid frivolous garbage that has no substance other than to be bright and colorful shit to distract your 2 year old for an hour and a half. Just because something is for kids doesn't make it automatically bad, but when people don't try to make it better and treat their demographic with respect and produce crap for kids, then saying "it's for kids" can be a viable reason to hate those steaming piles of shit. Like MLP 3.5. It's strictly for kids. But I wouldn't even show a baby that trash.

Well colorfulness is the reason why kids can like a certain kid show. That's why their colorful so that it could be one of the things kids could enjoy.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2017-01-14 11:44:24 »

I found Star Wars and Star Trek boring.  They never interested me... but as you can see, I have a reason for it. ;) 

DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2017-01-14 11:46:30 »

I found Star Wars and Star Trek boring.  They never interested me... but as you can see, I have a reason for it. ;)

Those are fine reasons.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2017-01-14 11:46:31 »

I get the feeling you read nothing else of my long comment. Makes me wonder y I trin sometimes.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-14 11:46:58 by Death Blossom » Logged

DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2017-01-14 11:47:40 »

I get the feeling you read nothing else of my long comment.

No I understand what you were saying.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2017-01-14 11:49:34 »

You only responded to the bright and colorful thing when it wasn't even that point alone that talked about why kids movies can be bad. It made me wonder.

DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2017-01-14 11:52:37 »

People like to look at colorful things, like me for instance. But there are more stuff to stuff for kids other than them being colorful. They have lessons so that kids can learn a little bit at each step to be just like us older people.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2017-01-14 11:54:52 »

Yeah, but my point was that saying "it's just for kids" is a valid excuse to dislike something when literally there is no substance to it and it's just colorful puke to distract kids with nothing to it. That was my point, that when something for kids does nothing except just try and babysit the kid for an hour, it's bad. And why people use the "it's for kids" thing to justify why they like something. Because those types of things only could hold the attention of 2 year olds. Hence why I was asking if you read my whole comment.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-14 11:55:32 by Death Blossom » Logged

DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2017-01-14 11:57:44 »

Oh. But kids still need to watch something that is made to help them learn. That is mostly what kid shows are made for.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Who else has the feeling of stuff getting disliked for no good reason? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024