PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Sports Conversation 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sports Conversation  (Read 60542 times)
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #270 on: 2022-10-31 18:58:11 »

...That's not ethnically-insensitive, is it?  In this political climate, who can say?

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #271 on: 2022-10-31 23:38:56 »

...That's not ethnically-insensitive, is it?  In this political climate, who can say?

Well Ross Chastain refers to himself as the Watermelon Man and he sells merch with that name... So I am pretty sure it's fine.  I mean the dude races with a watermelon in the car incase he wins a race so he can throw it!
« Last Edit: 2022-10-31 23:39:18 by Silverwing » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #272 on: 2022-11-01 16:31:34 »

I'm sure someone will whine. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #273 on: 2022-11-02 00:48:23 »

Since we are talking about NASCAR, we never talked about Bubba Wallace intentionally wrecking then attacking Kyle Larson at Las Vegas a few weeks back.  This got ole' Darrell "Bubba" suspended for a race.  He then proceeded to push off track officials and not apologize for his actions and instead play the victim.  This guy has an ego-complex...

We also have Xfinity Series driver, Austin Hill punching Myatt Snider in the face...  We still don't know the whole situation with this one, it happened Saturday night at Martinsville and cameras didn't really catch it.

Also Ty Gibbs, the youngest driver you can imagine who is rocking the Xfinity Series, also wrecked his teammate for a win at Martinsville and got boo'd like crazy.  His teammate needed the win to make it into the Championship 4, and Ty Gibbs was already locked into the championship.  Cooler heads would think Ty would help his teammate get into the championship.... or at least not purposely wreck him going into the corner...  He's done lots of stupid things this year, but being the grandson of Coach Joe Gibbs who owns one of the top teams in NASCAR, he will likely have a very safe career when he makes it to the Cup Series.

And of course with have Ross Chastain's insane move to make it into the Championship 4 in the Cup Series.  It is being nicknamed the "Hail Melon" after "hail mary."  I call it the 'video game move' as this is something I did often in games in the past, lol.  This move doesn't even look real!

NASCAR is full of controversy and excitement!  I think that sums it all up this time.
« Last Edit: 2022-11-02 00:56:53 by Anyponedrawn » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #274 on: 2022-11-02 14:44:00 »

For fudges sake, I didn't realize all the insanity going on the past week and a half in NASCAR. ;D  I Love it!! Best season I think since the early 2000s.  This new generation 7 car has brought a lot of parity, which is why we have 19 freaking winners this year!  It's great seeing small teams doing well too.  They just need to work on that safety issue since we've had two drivers get concussions from it.  Kurt Busch and Alex Bowman.
« Last Edit: 2022-11-02 14:44:58 by Silverwing » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #275 on: 2022-11-13 00:46:49 »

Pretty cool how in a few hours, the first NFL game to take place in Germany will happen.  It will be between the Seattle Seahawks and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  From what I've seen online, it looks like the German's have really turned up for this big game and are quite excited!  Pretty cool! ^b-

Here is a local news channel in Washington talking about their Seattle Seahawks playing in Germany.  Video clip is at the link.  They sent a reporter to the event and everyone looks so happy!  I looked to see if a new station in Tampa Bay did the same thing, and they had a station reporting about their team playing here.  None of the Tampa Bay news stations sent reporters to Germany.
« Last Edit: 2022-11-13 00:54:03 by Silverwing » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #276 on: 2022-11-17 22:26:07 »

By the way, since we were talking about NASCAR, we should probably bring up the Champions for 2022.

NASCAR's Truck series saw Zane Smith win the championship driving like... the only Ford in a field of all Toyota's and Chevy's.  lol!  Good job Ford on having one of your only trucks in the entire field beat EVERYONE else! 

In the Xfinity Series, Ty Gibbs won and he's super young... 19?  He's going to be a force for years to come, especially since his Dad is the owner of a powerhouse race team.

In the Cup Series, the top series, Joey Logano won his second career championship (his other was in 2018).  Again, not many Ford's, but he won it with Ford!  He is now the only driver in the Cup Series who is currently driving with more than one Championship.  He is also pretty young at 33 so he has many more opportunities to win still.  Unique to Joey's two championships is that he is never dominant, but he is consistent.  He was consistent all year and earned this championship.  He came in clutch in the final race of the year and won it, with the second place points driver coming in a close second.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #277 on: 2022-11-18 00:42:23 »

It was a terrific end to a great season for sure!  ^  I like Logano and his car.  He's so different outside of the car compared to how aggressive he can be behind the wheel.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #278 on: 2022-11-18 17:02:21 »

Soo... NFL..... Tampa Bay and Packers... should Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers have retired?  Are they done for?
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #279 on: 2022-11-20 16:01:51 »

Soo... NFL..... Tampa Bay and Packers... should Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers have retired?  Are they done for?

Aaron Rodgers still has years left most likely, but he needs a good team around him.  It's mostly young guys right now.  I'm not sure how much longer Rodgers will stay at Green Bay.

Brady's time is closing in fast and of course his family life isn't helping with his wife divorcing. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #280 on: 2022-11-21 22:35:11 »

We've passed the halfway point of the NFL season.
Daphine

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #281 on: 2022-11-24 12:13:20 »

Happy Thanksgiving to my sneeze fetish family.

How many of you are watching Detroit playing my Buffalo Bills? After the week we had with 6 feet of snow dropped on us and our last home game being moved we need this win.

Lets Go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!

Also Happy Thanksgiving dad, I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU :'(

https://imgur.com/a/FP3mzG3
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #282 on: 2022-11-24 17:41:25 »

I watched the morning and afternoon game (mostly in the background) but they've been good games! Thanksgiving and football are a wonderful combination.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #283 on: 2022-11-24 18:13:09 »

I'm watching the Patriots take on the Vikings, and I am shocked the Vikings are not playing better.
Daphine

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #284 on: 2022-12-01 19:58:56 »

I'm LOVING watching the Bills beating up on New England on Thursday night football, one week after we beat Detroit on Thanksgiving day.

Even stranger a week ago we were buried under 6 feet of snow, I had to hire a bulldozer to dig out my driveway. Tonight nothing but green grass on my front lawn :o
Pages: < 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Sports Conversation « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024