PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion  (Read 67813 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2016-08-03 12:03:32 »

Nickelodeon Discussion topic.  GO!
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-08-03 12:03:43 »

This network is a shell of it's former self. 

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-08-03 12:04:28 »

It's because they are not producing quality animation like they used too and are focusing on junk live action shows. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-08-03 12:07:20 »

Let me name off to you the garbage they are current showing on their network.  Only Spongebob is recognizable.  Everything else is garbage and live action. 

SpongeBob SquarePants

Henry Danger -live action
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles -meh
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn -live action
School of Rock - live action
See Dad Run -live action
Sanjay and Craig - do I need to say anything about how bad this is?
Breadwinners - Equally horrible.
Voltron Force - no.
Pig Goat Banana Cricket -heck no.
Rabbids Invasion - garbage.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-08-03 12:10:20 »

They also have the under appreciated "Harvey Beaks," which is actually pretty decent.  It takes the viewer to a simpler time where things are still innocent and no need for screaming just for the sake of screaming.

They also have, "The Loud House."  Haven't watched it. 

For the first time in a long time, Nickelodeon's live action shows outnumber their animated shows.  Making the same mistake that CN did years ago. 
« Last Edit: 2016-08-03 12:12:33 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-08-03 12:25:32 »

I'm going to look at the ratings real quick here with ye all.

Animated

Spongebob Squarepants - 1.9 million to 3 million.  (Based on season 9)

Fairly Odd Parents - 1.2 million to 2.2 million.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 1.4 million to 1.6 million.

Harvey Beaks - 1.1 million to 1.6 million.

Pig Goat Banana Cricket - Less then a million to 1.3 million.  (This will get cancelled)

The Loud House - 1.7 million to 2.2 million.

Live Action

Henry Danger - 1.3 million to 2 million.

Nick, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - 1.5 million to 2 million.

The Thundermans - 1.5 million to 2.4 million.

Make it Pop - 1 million to 1.3 million.

Game Shakers - 1.3 million to 1.6 million.

School of Rock - 1.1 million to 1.4 million.

The Other Kingdom - Less then a million (will be cancelled most likely, made by DHX Media).

Legendary Dudas - Less then a million (will most likely be cancelled).

Based off this, the live action shows draw in decent numbers, and are probably cheaper and quicker to make then animation.  More risk in animation if it fails.  But the animation gets better ratings.  CN has made their change successfully to new shows, while Nickelodeon hasn't and seems to still be trying to wring people in with old classics that will only work for so long.  They seem to be in a worse positions then Cartoon Network moving forward. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-08-03 12:35:55 »

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is actually a good show.
It's a good balance between way to dark and heavy and way too lighthearted and silly. I like it.

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-08-03 12:39:20 »

I haven't watched Nick in awhile simply because nothing seems that good. I will give it a try.  Master mentioned Harvey Beaks and LP, TMNT.  I will give those a watch. 

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-08-03 13:23:18 »

I'm old enough to remember Clarissa Explains it All, Welcome, Freshmen, Weinerville, Roundhouse,You Can't Do That on Television, and, of course, Ren and Stimpy.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-08-03 16:24:53 »

I'm old enough to remember Clarissa Explains it All, Welcome, Freshmen, Weinerville, Roundhouse,You Can't Do That on Television, and, of course, Ren and Stimpy.

Welcome to the club. 
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-08-03 16:33:48 »

Nick isn't as good as the good old days.

CN is at least on par with the good old days it had with Dexter, Powerpuff, Johnny B, etc. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-08-19 13:57:05 »

So what is going to happen with Nick... they are starting to become an all live action channel.  They don't have any long lasting shows moving forward that are animated.  They have atrocities like Breadwinners, Sanjay and Craig, and the end of the road of Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents.  They also have Harvey Beaks, which, lets face it, is a decent show but with no real drive to it.  It's charming, but not in any way related to Nick's other scream out loud horridly.  Harvey Beaks deserves to be on a more peaceful channel, or maybe downgrade it slightly for younger audience morning shows. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-08-26 00:07:21 »

In the early 2000s, we would have had this discussion about Cartoon Network.... but now it is Nickelodeon.  How the mighty hath fallen.

Which leads me to these exciting, yet frightening announcements by Nickelodeon.

ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE WILL BE REBOOTED.  Original creator Joe Murray, from San Jose, returns.

HEY ARNOLD WILL BE HAVING A REBOOT.  Much of the original cast and creator, Seattle's Craig Barlett.

I am super excited, but nervous these could be failures if not done right.  Both these creators are superb and I believe in their talent.  Lets hope Nick doesn't hold them back. 
« Last Edit: 2016-08-26 00:13:03 by RainySunshine » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-08-26 05:06:53 »

It's a good thing about Hey Arnold. Now we will finally learn about what happened to his parents. It was supposed to be revealed in the second movie. But since the first one did so bad they never made the second one... Such a shame really.

I never really watched Rocko's Modern Life, it kind of weirded me out. I only remember like 1 episode.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-08-26 06:41:47 »

The nineties are coming back in full force. Looks like they're trying to appeal to the "nostalgia millennials" ("nonials", as I dub them) who are discovering these shows online, or hearing about them from their older Gen-X relatives and becoming curious. 

I'm wondering if Warners will get on the ball and try to reboot any of its old nineties shows, or create new ones in the vein of Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs. Although without Joe Alaskey on board  (d. February 3, 2016), it wouldn't be the same.     :(

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024