PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Steven Universe Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Universe Discussion  (Read 30215 times)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: 2016-09-18 00:00:35 »

I ... I related to that Lars moment, so yeah, it was powerful.  I didn't cry per-say, but, I just totally felt that lost moment of needing to cry out.

I'm far too manly like our commander in chief, DARRIN. ;)  I was not paid to say that... 

But yeah, the show does this character development thing so much better then AT has.  AT has gotten lost. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #76 on: 2016-09-18 00:15:26 »

Everyone at some point or another has felt the need to just be able to cry and ask someone or talk to someone about their biggest fears or something. Or at least one of those things. I think I empathized with Lars there.

Haha, Darrin is definition of manliness XP

AT does a good job, but it gets very distracted in what it wants to do.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #77 on: 2016-09-18 09:36:46 »

It does get a  bit off-track with its Day in the The Limelight episodes, or any episode with Ice King's bizarre "Cake and Fiona" fantasies, although sometimes those detours can be pretty interesting.  The "Stakes arc was pretty epic, and anything with Lemongrab is a must-see. Here's hoping the season 7 finale might finally answer some questions about just what happened to Ooo about a thousand years ago. Accounts are confused and contradictory, and no one even knows what precisely what year the Mushroom War began (or even what year it is in the "present") or who it was between.

Yeah, Stevonnie is a mind-frig.  "Her" existence opens up a lot of questions, most of which  are NSFW.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #78 on: 2016-09-28 13:25:39 »

So whats going on between Lapiz and Peridot?  I think I missed something.  They are both living in a barn and Lapiz seems very blah now.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #79 on: 2016-09-28 13:33:48 »

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
They're roommates or something now basically only because Lapis hates being anywhere else and Peridot can't fit in the Crystal Gems home.

Lapis kinda sucks and is really lame.

Also, another hiatus :/ is it bad I'm becoming numb to these?

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #80 on: 2016-09-28 14:31:15 »

I think we all are.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #81 on: 2016-09-28 17:26:40 »

Lapis seemed so cool early when we first met her but she seems very boring now. I thought she was drugged or something. Peridot became the happy bubbly one.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #82 on: 2016-09-28 17:57:50 »

Peridot is enjoying earth, finally letting loose.
Lapis is just boring now. I really dislike her now.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #83 on: 2016-09-28 21:45:34 »

Lapis became very boring.  The first time Steven freed here, she seemed like she was gonna be really friendly and cool and all, but then she just became bllaaaah. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #84 on: 2016-09-28 21:51:54 »

Lapis didn't ever seem like she'd be freindly and cool, at least when I first watched the show.
She had like an episode to be badass and after that she just became a little bitch.

She's also kind of a horrible person. Wanting to return to a "relationship" with Jasper just so she could dominate and keep her tied down. And vent all her hatred onto her. Like what the flying fuk. This is character I'm supposed to sympathize with? I sympathize more with Jasper than her.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #85 on: 2016-09-28 21:55:05 »

Jasper got corrupted for having sex with a corrupted gem... they were like an STD... sorry... thats what I thought when I saw that scene. ;)

But yeah, no, Lapis isn't very nice.  She's been used by so many people, she's given up hope on everyone.  But I still don't sympathize for her as you think I might.  I don't, and it's probably because of her cruddy intentions.  I don't even know what she is doing around still.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #86 on: 2016-09-28 22:05:17 »

Well that was the intended allegory so....
Jasper I feel is supposed to somewhat be an allegory for say a sex addict, or a drug addict. Constantly wanting the high of the first time and chasing down any means possible to do it. Even if it means putting their well being at risk. Like when she fused with the corrupted gems. It spread the corruption to her. But also noticed how the corruption sped up as her mental state continued to break, just like Centipeedle when she was recounting how she became corrupted. It's very interesting and I wonder if there is a correlation. Probably not by whatever.

I really just dislike Lapis. She infuriates me. And even more so the fans that ship Lapidot. I think the ship is absolute garbage. But oh we gotta mash up our favorite waifu's together even though they probably wouldn't work out and Lapis is a total bitch. Sure she has her nice moments, but overall she doesn't really care about anyone other than Steven and that's only because he rescued her from the mirror.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #87 on: 2016-09-28 22:09:40 »

Oh... SO I WAS RIGHT?!  YES!  Nice comparison too, that makes sense.  She went insane and like grabbed the poor corrupted gem.

I hate fan ships in general.  I would in many cases prefer an OC ship to a main character then main characters being shipped just because with no thought or reasoning.

Lapis is selfish. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #88 on: 2016-09-28 22:17:55 »

Yeah, it was also very sad how she said nobody she fused with ever stayed with her. It makes me sad honestly. Jasper is somewhat like Peridot in that she doesn't know anything besides what Honeworld taught her. But the thing is, she fought in the war so she's insanely more difficult to probably change her mind about the people she sees as enemies.

Ew no! I hate OC to canon character. Those are literally the most cancerous ships. I don't mind canon x canon. I like it if it's explained well. Lapidot isn't. Their reasoning is "it's cute" and "they live together" which I think is just, pardon me, retarded. Like what? I sort of somewhat like Pearl and Amethyst, but not much. Honestly I don't like any ships for the show except Sadie and Lars. Ruby and Saphire I guess counts as a ship, but they're canon so... Not much you can play with there lol.

She is. I hope she gets some sense knocked into her soon.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #89 on: 2016-09-28 22:31:25 »

I'm not say OC to canon in general.  I mean, some OC are very well thought out, and not cookie cutter.  A lot of fan ships are just throwing to canon characters together just for the sake of doing so.

An example being, why is everyone okay with the OC Greg hooking up with Adorkable Twilight? 
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Steven Universe Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024