PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Applejack's Day Off" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "Applejack's Day Off"  (Read 14805 times)
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2016-05-27 09:15:54 »

"Applejack's Day Off," is the 10th episode of season 6, and the 127th episode overall. 

SYNOPSIS: "Twilight and Spike are tasked to work at Sweet Apple Acres while Rarity tries to get Applejack to loosen up at the spa."

PROMO:

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-05-27 09:17:15 »

This synopsis reminds me of something that would be from season 1.  From the promo teaser, they do appear to be using a ton of new scenery and new locations in Sweet Apple Acres.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-05-27 10:50:02 »

Hm, so they're trying to get Applejack to stop talking about apples?
That's somewhat odd, if they make Applejack uncomfortable and not able to relax. We've seen her kick back and relax before in the spa with the girls. I think the episode might just focus more on Twi and Spike trying to help at the farm and hijinks ensue.

mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-05-27 11:02:47 »

...*good time for an applejack sneeze ;)*

Seriously though, this scenario is something that could have a lot happen or be a mellow kind of episode. I'm betting that it's going to have hijinks and a lot happens XD
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-05-27 11:51:36 »

Everytime I don't have much hope for an episode, I am always surprised.  Last week I didn't have too much interest and we got like four sneezes! 

So this week, I am going to guess it will focus on Twi and Spike / and Apple and Marshmallow about 50/50.  Maybe slightly less Spike and Twi. 

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-05-28 08:43:37 »

Getting ready to pone it up.
✨proponypal✨

Eat some apples!

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-05-28 10:19:02 »

No sneezes, but was a pretty good episode
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-05-28 10:25:17 »

Was not expecting this in this episode.  It was pretty good. :) 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-05-28 10:34:37 »

Tons of new scenery and lots of new animation tricks.  They animated backgrounds in walk cycles, which is very nice instead of a static background.  Overall, the majority of scenes in this episode were all newly made for this episode. 

Rarity says, "schedule," as someone from the UK would say, "schedule." 
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-05-28 10:52:58 »

Another nice episode. Best season so far indeed. ;D

The opening scene was slightly creepy. Rarity's face... :o

I "loled" and "awwed" at Applejack imitating a chicken. ^-^
« Last Edit: 2016-05-28 14:43:54 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-05-28 11:24:44 »

This is easily the best season so far.  Every episode almost has been solid and good. :) 

Rarity's face at the beginning scared me.  It was.... ewww.

This episode, we saw the most of Equestria's technology, like... ever!  Pipes and stuff.  Gauges.  HAMMERS!  Sprinkler systems.

What is the accent supposed to be on the spa pones? 

Strangely a lot of male pones at that spa wanting... ehherm.... services.

Rainbow Dash wears Tank slippers.

I liked Applejack wearing the tool utility belt.  I giggled. 

It was overall a good lesson to learn.  But thankfully I don't have any faults like that.  For instance, before I ever post on the forum, I spin in a circle three times, clap four times, and blink twice.  Nothing major.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-05-28 11:43:03 »

Spa ponies are supposed to have some European accent

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-05-28 14:44:00 »

Guess I'll be the oddball this time.  I didn't like it much.  AJ came off as dumb.  The Spa ponies problem made a degree of sense (nothing they did for ponies who don't understand how plumbing works would be out of the ordinary) but AJ on her own farm doing a bunch of ridiculous shit just felt off.  I get the moral, I feel like it's delivery sacrificed AJ's intelligence to arrive at it.
Here I thought the direction they were going was people relax differently and AJ was going to be one of those 'antsy if nothing to do' types who likes to solve problems.  Oh well.

On a side note I was more hoping for a Twi and Spike episode where they banter with each other while running the farm.  So might have been disappointed from the getgo.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-28 14:45:12 by Kyrl » Logged
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-05-28 16:27:09 »

Rarity and Applejack.... hmm.  That dynamic was still there between them.  Applejack seems very stubborn and kind of dumb at times.  Rarity seemed childish and disappointed (I can understand).  Possibly selfish.  Twilight came off as stupid, as she couldn't even feed some pigs.  She's partially running a country...

I liked it, but we saw some of the more bad sides of characters.  Still a good episode though, lots of new scenery too. 
« Last Edit: 2016-05-28 16:28:21 by Soda » Logged
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-05-28 21:10:45 »

Twilight came off as stupid, as she couldn't even feed some pigs.

That's the thing though, it wasn't Twilight's fault.  AJ gave her some borderline OCD instructions on how to feed them.  The whole third act made AJ look incompetent, and its a shame because the first 2/3rds she was a badass.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Applejack's Day Off" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024