PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Streaming Services Show Discussions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Streaming Services Show Discussions  (Read 24318 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2019-11-11 15:17:06 »

A topic for shows on streaming services such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Netflix, and others.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2019-11-11 15:23:10 »

We got a surprisingly good Dr. Suess cartoon that is actually HAND DRAWN that premiered on the streaming service Netflix.  "Green Eggs and Ham" premier on November 8th, 2019. Below is the series trailer for season 1, which is 13 episodes.  It's refreshing to see a hand drawn series.  It is also the most expensive series Netflix has paid for at $6.5 million an episode.  It is also hand drawn in studio in the United States by Warner Brothers Animation!  That poor studio hasn't had much to do lately, so giving them this project, it's clear they have a passion for animation still and want to do hand drawn unlike the execs who only want CGI.  Give it a watch.  Also attached below is a little review by well known Youtube, Saberspark.

First 8 minutes of the first episode as well!

« Last Edit: 2019-11-11 15:39:29 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2019-11-11 18:47:26 »

Green eggs and ham out of all things.....interesting.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2019-11-11 21:22:22 »

I'm just as shocked as you. ;D
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2019-11-12 11:44:12 »

I like bojack horseman a lot it's depressing as hell but that's what I love about it
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2019-11-12 12:47:54 »

Sam I am reminds me of Spongebob.... or that annoying Wander character from "Wander over Yander."
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2019-11-19 21:45:44 »

Netflix has released Klaus and we've been waiting for this for about two years!  It's finally out and the animation does not disappoint!  Best of all, it's back to hand drawn traditional animation, and it's so beautiful!

« Last Edit: 2019-11-19 21:46:41 by Grapefoot » Logged

DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2019-11-20 13:45:55 »

Harvey Street Kids aka Harvey Girls Forever just got it's third Season released as Season 3 introduces Richie Rich to the show.

I still do have my hopes though of DreamWorks and Netflix making Harvey Street a franchise since DreamWorks now owns the rights to the Harvey comics series.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-20 13:48:05 by DEEcat98 » Logged
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2019-11-20 15:49:16 »

Netflix has released Klaus and we've been waiting for this for about two years!  It's finally out and the animation does not disappoint!  Best of all, it's back to hand drawn traditional animation, and it's so beautiful!

This really looks beautiful.

Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2019-11-21 18:01:04 »

That does look really good I'll have to check that out
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2019-12-14 13:50:15 »

I just watched klues and I was just thinking before how this year was a terrible year for animated movies but this was amazing my favourite animated movie of the year I really have to thank netflix for this because this probably would have floped in theaters definitely watch this movie
sunnygirl

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2019-12-14 18:29:01 »

Disney+ it’s a App. It’s my favourite at the moment. 😁👍
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2019-12-14 18:42:21 »

Been binging Boy Meets World on there

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2019-12-15 19:14:53 »

Seriously everyone watch klaus on netflix it's a work you could frame any frame of this movie in a art museum I won't let netflix first 2d movie flop it's a great Christmas movie and I'd legit watch this movie anytime of the year because its really just about being a better person and I can relate to that any day of the year the music way more original and better then something like frozen nothing wrong with frozen I love this movie I hope it wins best animated feature at the Oscars great movie please watch it
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2019-12-27 20:12:57 »

It's a shame.  The books and video games are great... but the new tv series?  Hmmm.  Even more sad most people can't see it because it's on a streaming service.  I bet it would do better on a network too... Netflix channel anyone?

Netflix's 'The Witcher' is one of the biggest shows in the US despite poor reviews from critics

Article

The show has a "rotten" 56% critic score on the review-aggregation site Rotten Tomatoes based on 57 reviews but a 93% audience score based on nearly 12,000 user ratings.

It's also one of the biggest TV shows in the US right now. "The Witcher," which debuted on December 20, was the third most in-demand original streaming series in the US for the week of December 18 to December 24, according to data provided to Business Insider by Parrot Analytics. It's behind only Netflix's megahit "Stranger Things" and Disney Plus' "Star Wars" series "The Mandalorian."

Parrot Analytics measures "demand expressions," its globally standardized TV-demand measurement unit that reflects the desire, engagement, and viewership of a series weighted by importance.

"The Witcher" is based on the fantasy novels by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, which also inspired the hit video-game series. Henry Cavill stars as Geralt, a monster hunter.

Entertainment Weekly called the series a "borefest" and gave the series an "F" grade, though critic Darren Franich said he skipped to the fifth episode. The show's creator, Lauren Schmidt Hissrich, tweeted on Saturday, "Who do I care about? 'Professional' critics who watched one episode and skipped ahead? Or REAL fans who watched all eight in one day, and are starting their rewatch?"

Not all of the reviews have been bad. IndieWire's Ben Travers called "The Witcher" a "pretty entertaining spectacle." The New York Times' Mike Hale wrote that the show has a "lighthearted sense of humor" and that Cavill "brings a convincing physical presence and some wry humanity and emotional depth" to the series as the title character.

Netflix renewed "The Witcher" for a second season in November ahead of the show's premiere.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Streaming Services Show Discussions « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024