PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Video Games 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 137626 times)
Ynona

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #330 on: 2019-07-08 17:01:16 »

@mysteryserpent

Favorite boss: Ammo Baron (Because of his character... KA-BOOSH!);
Favorite character overall: Barracuda Joe (I found this guy so funny, for some reason);
Best girl: Rottytops.

If the Mario Bros Super Show or other Video game shows exist it may be possible for Shantae to get something in the future.

The fact the into was made is impressive to see.

Well, Mario is just Nintendo's golden boy... I don't think it's that weird.
However, Wayforward is just a small-ish indie developer. So the chances for a full Shantae cartoon are very slim... :/

Dame da ne. Dame yo, dame na no yo...
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #331 on: 2019-07-08 17:59:16 »

I think that is a cool video with Shantae.  It's well done... but am I the only one who wishes it was drawn in the traditional Shantae way?  The version that was done there, she was so square and blocky. 
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #332 on: 2019-07-09 00:04:06 »

@mysteryserpent

Favorite boss: Ammo Baron (Because of his character... KA-BOOSH!);
Favorite character overall: Barracuda Joe (I found this guy so funny, for some reason);
Best girl: Rottytops.

If the Mario Bros Super Show or other Video game shows exist it may be possible for Shantae to get something in the future.

The fact the into was made is impressive to see.

Well, Mario is just Nintendo's golden boy... I don't think it's that weird.
However, Wayforward is just a small-ish indie developer. So the chances for a full Shantae cartoon are very slim... :/

What you say makes a lot of sense...but my mind wishes for that very slim chance to become a reality :)

Rottytops! :D I love her and the design she has. She's a lot of fun. I am happy you mentioned her! Ammo Baron has some of the best moments in the entire series. He is hilarious! Barracuda Joe's hat and mustashe were interesting to me. I'm glad you mentioned him too!

I think that is a cool video with Shantae.  It's well done... but am I the only one who wishes it was drawn in the traditional Shantae way?  The version that was done there, she was so square and blocky. 

An animated traditional Shantae trailer would have been really cool to see! :D I like your wish.

A physical copy of the traditional Shantae for the game boy color is super expensive these days =( 
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #333 on: 2019-08-05 15:09:49 »

It's official, Wolfenstein Youngblood, is the worst game I have played this year and I am extremely mad!

Micro-transactions everywhere, HORRIBLE WRITING, and absolutely screwing the lore of the game series.  It's super stupid.  In single player.... THEY FORCE YOU TO DO CO-OP still? WHAT?!  No, don't waste your time or money.  All this does is butcher the Wolfenstein series.  This is garbage.

Out.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #334 on: 2019-08-05 15:36:41 »

After Fallout 76 and now this game, Bethesda is on a downward spiral.

Ynona

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #335 on: 2019-08-06 08:33:14 »

Just a year ago, Bethesda was loved by basically everyone...

The way they were able fuck everything up is actually impressive!

« Last Edit: 2019-08-06 12:26:16 by Ynona » Logged

Dame da ne. Dame yo, dame na no yo...
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #336 on: 2019-08-06 11:43:36 »

Just a year ago, Bethesda was loved by basically everyone...

The way were able fuck everything up is actually impressive!

No Bethesda fanboys are insane they love there god tod Howard they'll die for him they all show themselves at E3 screaming at the top of their longs for a ios game fillid with microtransactions theyll never play
« Last Edit: 2019-08-06 11:58:09 by Shadow » Logged
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #337 on: 2019-08-06 11:56:01 »

But what about people that just play games that happen to be by Bethesda and enjoy those games?
They ain't crazy. They'd be quick to point out "Bethesda, the fuck're you doing?"

I do agree with you that the hard core Bethesda fans are fucking insane.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-06 11:56:26 by System423 » Logged

SNEE
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #338 on: 2019-08-06 12:03:51 »

Sorry I meant to write fanboys I changed it your right not all of the people that play Bethesda games are crazy lol sure I'm one of them
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #339 on: 2019-08-06 16:34:13 »

See, I don't care which studio a game comes from.  I buy games that interest me or game series I enjoy.  It is unfortunate when a studio or developer loses their way and starts to ruin their games people love.

Bethesda is the latest example of a studio struggling, but a lot of them are not the games they are making... sure Fallout 76 was one they made, but Wolfenstein Youngblood was done by a different studio under the Bethesda name. Bethesda is the publisher in this case while Arkane Studios and MachineGames actually created it.
Miggs
Master Member

Email
« Reply #340 on: 2019-08-06 23:15:49 »

Yeah, I'm more or less the same. I don't really care who made the game. If it's a good game, it's a good game. If it's from a developer/publisher that consistently puts out good titles, more power to them, and hey, I kind of end up giving a crap if that's the case.

Youngblood wasn't that great but made by Arkane Studios? Oh shit, that's kind of a shocker, honestly. They're the studio that made the Dishonored games and Prey (Which I've recently gotten into. Real good.)

See? Like, I give a shit about Arkane because I loved the Dishonored games and Prey, so it comes as a surprise knowing that a WOLFENSTEIN game of all things isn't that great by them.

SNEE
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #341 on: 2019-08-07 22:18:26 »

It is popular to hate on Bethesda right now.  Whether deserved or not.

But the real fault lies in Arkane Studios for this recent release.  But you know what?  Who cares?! Just like the movie industry, there are boons and busts.  Stuff happens.  Any studio can bounce back after a poor performance. 

It's when they start to string together several mediocre to bad outings do you need to get worried.
Miggs
Master Member

Email
« Reply #342 on: 2019-08-09 11:37:41 »

Well said, Rainy!

Although I personally disagree with the "popular to hate on Bethesda", mostly because I personally believe that a lot of what they've been doing has been pretty weird. And honestly the fact that they keep using the same shitty engine for their games (games directly from them) is something I very much don't agree with.

But yeah! I agree, shit happens, people have their busts. Like I ain't gon' hate on Arkane because of Wolfenstein, but it's still something to at least ask "What happened?"

SNEE
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #343 on: 2019-08-20 15:35:30 »

Sony Acquires Insomniac Games as First-Party PlayStation Studio

Article

Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced it has acquired Insomniac Games, the developers behind Marvel's Spider-Man and Ratchet and Clank, as a first-party PlayStation studio.
Sony and Insomniac are in "definitive agreements" to acquire Insomniac, who have long held a partnership with PlayStation throughout the four generations of home PlayStation consoles, from Spyro the Dragon on the original PlayStation through to 2018's Spider-Man on PS4.

Insomniac will become the 14th studio in Sony's current lineup of Worldwide Studios development studios.

"Insomniac Games is one of the most highly-acclaimed development studios in the industry and their legacy of best-in class storytelling and gameplay is unparalleled," Shawn Layden, Chairman of SIE WWS, said in a statement alongside the announcement. "We have enjoyed a strong collaborative partnership with the studio for many years, and are thrilled to officially welcome them to the Worldwide Studios family. The addition of Insomniac Games to SIE WWS reiterates our commitment to developing world class gaming experiences that can only be found on the PlayStation platform."

Joining the WWS family gives Insomniac even greater opportunities to achieve our studio vision of making positive and lasting impressions on people's lives," Ted Price, Insomniac Games founder and CEO, said in an additional statement. "We've enjoyed a special relationship with PlayStation practically since our inception. Our partnership amplifies our potential, and Marvel's Spider-Man was a testament to this. We're excited to take the next step in our growth alongside our longtime WWS partners. Most of all, we look forward to delivering fresh, new experiences for our fans."

We took a look at the state of Sony's first-party studios earlier this year, and we know that Sony has considered acquiring studios ahead of the PS5. Bringing Insomniac officially into the first-party fold cements a relationship that has produced a number of beloved PlayStation-exclusive franchises, from Spyro and Ratchet to Resistance and Spider-Man. For a time, Insomniac appeared to be exploring other partnerships, having produced the Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive several years ago, but the return of Ratchet and Clank to PS4 and Spider-Man's acclaimed debut last year resolidified the relationship between Sony and Insomniac.

No game announcements were made alongside the acquisition announcement, but given that Spider-Man on PS4 has sold over 13.2 million copies worldwide as of July 28, 2019, it's clear Sony and Insomniac have made a great pair, and will continue to do so as PlayStation enters the next generation of consoles.
video loading...

Speaking of the next generation, Sony has recently discussed Sony is considering cross-gen play thanks to the PS4 backward compatibility. Spider-Man has also played a big role in what we've seen of the PS5 so far, as Sony's demo of the PS5's impressive load times involved a comparison between Marvel's Spider-Man running on PS4 and PS5. And even though many are looking ahead to what the PS5 may bring, Sony is still planning to bring several major exclusives to the.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #344 on: 2019-08-20 15:40:19 »

Gamescom 2019 Begins

Article

Gamescom 2019 has begun in earnest, with a series of press conferences taking place throughout Monday. These brought a ton of news about newly revealed and other upcoming games, both big and small. Nintendo started things out with a showcase of Switch indie games, followed by an Inside Xbox stream, the next Google Stadia Connect.

We even got the surprise releases of several games across PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC, with a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare alpha test to come soon for free on PS4. Meanwhile, there have been numerous Gamescom game trailers making their debut.

Some of the biggest news from this week didn't come specifically from any of the official events. Maybe the most notable example is that we learned Sony bought Insomniac, the maker of Marvel's Spider-Man.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Pages: < 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Video Games « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024