PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Google Stadia Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Google Stadia Discussion  (Read 7300 times)
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« on: 2019-06-09 21:35:36 »

Google has revealed Stadia.  This is possibly the future of gaming and will definitely shake up the console and PC gaming world.  Google Stadia, is an upcoming streaming service that lets you play games without the need for a dedicated console or gaming PC.

Stadia Info.

A Stadia Pro subscription gets you up to 4K Resolution, 5.1 surround sound, free games and exclusive discounts for $9.99 a month.

A free Stadia Base subscription will let you buy games as and when you want them, but that service won't be available until next year.

In the simplest terms, Google Stadia lets you play modern games on just about any screen you own, with Google's servers handling all the processing power and beaming them to you via the cloud. There are no downloads or installations to worry about; if your device can run a Google Chrome browser, it can handle Google Stadia. When Google Stadia launches, it'll support play on your TV (using a Chromecast Ultra), desktop computer, laptop, tablet, and smartphones starting with the Pixel 3 and 3a models.

If your internet can handle it - and you pony up for the high-end subscription - Google Stadia can stream gameplay at 4K resolution with HDR and 5.1 surround sound at 60fps, all via an internet connection with at least 35 Mbps speed. And even if your internet isn't as fast as that, Google Stadia supports a wide range of internet speeds at the cost of some graphical quality (with 10 Mbps being the recommended minimum speed).

The earliest you can access Google Stadia is November 2019, with no exact date given just yet - but you'll need to buy into the Stadia Founder's Edition (which we'll get to the pricing of in just a second). Google Stadia will be available in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland regions first, with more territories being added in 2020 and beyond. If you don't want to buy a Stadia Founder's Edition, the Stadia Base option will be available sometime in 2020.

Google Stadia is available at different price points, but to play it as early as possible, you'll need to buy the Stadia Founder's Edition for $129 / £119 with the option to pre-order it now. In the Founder's Edition bundle, you'll get a Chromecast Ultra for playing on your TV, a limited-edition Night Blue Stadia Controller, a three-month Stadia Pro subscription, a buddy pass that lets you gift three months of Stadia Pro to a friend, and first dibs on your Stadia Name (so you can snag your preferred handle).

A Stadia Pro subscription, priced at $9.99 / £8.99 per month, is required to stream games at 4K/60fps/HDR with 5.1 surround sound, and grants access to a growing library of games that are free for as long as your Stadia Pro subscription is active. You'll also give discounts on games for purchase, and for a limited time, Stadia Pro will include the complete Destiny 2 experience, with the base game, all previous add-ons, the new Shadowkeep expansion, and the annual pass, with the option to transfer your Guardian from other platforms (PC and Xbox are currently confirmed, while Sony is still dragging its feet on approval).

If you don't want to pay for a Stadia Pro subscription, you can still use Stadia Base, coming in 2020. It's capped at 1080p/60fps with stereo sound, and games must be purchased individually, though they're yours to keep once you buy them. You can play in a Chrome browser on any computer or on your Pixel 3 or 3a phone, with plans to expand Google Stadia to other mobile phones in the future.

The dedicated Stadia controller isn't required to play on Google Stadia, which supports a wide range of controllers as well as a mouse and keyboard setup. But if you want to play Stadia the way Google intended, you can buy a Google Stadia controller for $69 / £59 each. Colors currently on offer include Clearly White, Just Black, Wasabi (the clear front-runner at the moment), or the Night Blue colorway included exclusively in the Founder's Edition.

Stadia controllers use your WiFi to connect directly with whatever game is being streamed from Google's servers, with the classic dual joystick, D-pad, face button, and shoulder button layout most closely resembling the DualShock 4 controller. It also has two additional buttons which let you easily capture footage or activate the Google Assistant. Once you've got a supported controller and a screen to play on, you're all set to use Google Stadia - no console or additional wires required.

Lastly you may wonder what kind of games does the Stadia play?  Currently there are many and Google will reveal more in the coming months.

--------------

Seems we have a very heavily internet reliant program being built here.  Given Google's poor track record of privacy and what they do with people's data, there's no telling what kind of ethical, legal, and privacy issues the new Stadia service will alarm.  There is no telling if they will be a huge success or a massive failure, or somewhere in-between.  One thing for certain is this is the start of something new and it will shake up the gaming industry... but I think it will shake up more than that.  What stops them at gaming if this same kind of platform can be done with games, movies, and other things we consume?  Should be interesting to see what happens.

So what do you think about the Stadia and do you want to sign on to the service or not?  This topic will also serve as the main topic for all things Stadia in the future.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-09 21:37:36 by Grapefoot » Logged

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2019-06-09 22:24:54 »

*Sits back and watches*

Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2019-06-10 05:28:17 »

The new avengers game will be on stadia also I hate streaming its not tge future of gaming for me I'm getting a ps5
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2019-06-10 14:32:18 »

It is an interesting proposition but for the people who don't have anything but stellar internet, I don't think so.  I can really see this being a major flop initially but after some years of work, it could work out.

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I love opening my physical box and seeing my physical manual with cool other niceties in it. 
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2019-06-10 15:20:14 »

I have zero interest for streaming a game.  You never actually own it and if there is ever any form of internet issues, you can't play it!  Places like Australia or New Zealand which have notably some of the worst internet connections in the world will never be able to play this service.  And who wants to be playing a single player story more and have internet lag?

No thanks.  This service is not for me.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2019-06-11 21:48:37 »

Streaming games isn't of any interest to me. But I am not stupid and realize I should watch this.  The gaming world is changing and how people get their games and other media is changing. 
Ynona

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2019-06-24 16:56:46 »

He pretty much says everything that I think about Google Stadia.

Thank God for Jim!

Dame da ne. Dame yo, dame na no yo...
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2019-07-30 04:28:52 »

Is any one getting this I'm definitely not because streaming isn't for me to put it nicely but I wanna hear someone that's into streaming games talk about it i get the feeling this is going to be popular with kids
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2019-07-30 14:52:25 »

Heck no.  I want to own my games.  I don't want to have to rely on some server to stream it for me nor do I want to have to rely on an internet connection/wifi.  I want the game on my system or in my hand.  Not someplace else. 
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2019-07-30 18:31:44 »

Couldn't agree more
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2019-07-30 21:13:10 »

No way.  I am curious as to how they will do... but for the most part, people who play games want to own their games and not rely on a service.

What makes this good though is for people who can't afford a high end computer or console and they will still be able to play some of these games.  They will just be at the mercy of the internet working and all the data Google is stealing from them.

But there is no way I am planning on supporting Google and the Stadia. In the past few years, I have gotten rid of everything Google related, all accounts, etc.  The only Google thing I use is their Google Maps and gmail for junk email.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-30 21:13:55 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2019-08-02 11:32:55 »

I have playstation now becouse I'm to lazy to plug in my old consoles and then find the game and play it on a crappy TV so I like that but that's it
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: 2019-08-02 14:52:56 »

To each their own...  I have all my old games and consoles saved.  No extra money being spent.  Just plug in a cord and start it up. :)

I have really been trying to keep my old systems in good condition to run.  So far none have died. :)
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2019-08-02 15:26:52 »

To each their own...  I have all my old games and consoles saved.  No extra money being spent.  Just plug in a cord and start it up. :)

I have really been trying to keep my old systems in good condition to run.  So far none have died. :)
I hate streaming games to but I don't own a old TV to play my games own I need to get a converter but playstation now is good I like it
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2019-08-19 16:15:38 »

I really don't get this thing I watched there stadia connect and there getting games that will be on ps4 a console everyone owns you would thing they would try and get exclusives the only reason anyone would even try it
Pages: [1] 2 3 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Google Stadia Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024