PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: King of the Hill Topic Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: King of the Hill Topic Discussion  (Read 2796 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2023-02-02 14:26:55 »

King of the Hill Topic Discussion

One of the most popular shows of the late 90s and into the 2000s was King of the hill.  It ran for 13 seasons making up 259 episodes between the years of 1997 to 2009.  It is right up there among the greats of animation having it's place alongside long running series such as "The Simpsons." It was one of FOX's power shows. In 2007 Time magazine listed the show in it's Greatest TV Shows of all time, and the series won two Emmy Awards.

On January 31, 2023, Hulu announced they would be funding the revival (not reboot) of King of the Hill, and have ordered new episodes.  Hopes of a revival have been looming for years, but didn't start taking off until 2017 when Mike Judge and Greg Daniels floated the idea.  Move to 2023, and it has been revealed the majority of the original cast is returning, with an unknown being Toby Huss who played Kahn Souphanousinphone, Joe Jack, and the deceased Cotton Hill.   Another unknown is how they will handle Luanne Platter and her husband Elroy Kleinschmidt (Lucky) as both Brittany Murphy and Tom Petty have passed away since the show ended.

It has been confirmed the voices of Hank, Peggy, Bobby, Dale, Boomhauer, and Minh will return. 

So this topic is for open discussion of the show, both past and future.

« Last Edit: 2023-02-02 14:37:40 by MasterXtreme » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2023-02-02 14:26:57 »

KING OF THE HILL REVIVAL IS OFFICIALLY HAPPENING!  ORIGINAL STAFF AND CAST RETURNING...

Article

Hank Hill and America's favorite Arlen, Texas, community are set to return to the small screen.

Streaming giant Hulu announced a revival of King of the Hill and revealed that original cast members and co-creators Mike Judge and Greg Daniels are involved in the project, according to a report.

The show follows Hank Hill as he sells propane and its accessories while navigating a changing world with wild friends and a son, Bobby, who does little to make life easier.

Lead character Hank Hill will be voiced by Judge, Kathy Najimy will voice Peggy, Stephen Root will return to his role as Bill, Pamela Aldon will voice Bobby Hill, Johnny Hardwick will return as Dale, and Lauren Tom will voice Minh.

A revival of King of the Hill has been in development since the 2017 San Francisco Sketchfest, according to the report.

It was there that the co-creators reunited with the show's original cast.

"We are all so excited to welcome back Hank, Peggy, and Bobby, and to see what they have to say about the world we live in and continue the conversations we began years ago," Craig Erwich, president of ABC Entertainment, Hulu, and Disney Branded Televisions said in a statement.

"This show has all of the perfect ingredients to meet this moment in animation at Hulu, and we’re so thankful to be having those conversations alongside this talented group."

Saladin Patterson, perhaps best known for his work on The Wonder Years, was announced as the revived King of the Hill's showrunner and executive producer, according to a report.

During its initial run, King of the Hill ran for 13 seasons during its Emmy-winning stretch from 1997 to 2010. The series was among the assets included when Fox sold its TV studio, 20th Television, to Disney a few years ago. With Disney controlling the rights to the series, Hulu became a natural home for the show as the streamer remains a destination for adult-focused animated fare including repeats of King of the Hill and Family Guy. Hulu is also the home of the forthcoming Futurama revival.

Daniels and Judge’s recently launched animation banner Bandera Entertainment is also attached to exec produce the new King of the Hill alongside company president Dustin Davis. Original producers 3 Arts and the company’s Michael Rottenberg and Howard Klein will also exec produce.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2023-02-02 14:43:41 »

THATS MY PURSE, I DON'T KNOW YOU!

I am cautiously optimistic!  I don't want them to ruin the show and feel they have to do stupid humor like Family Guy or the Simpsons.  Keep it grounded and based like the original series.

Daniels seems to have done this with his Beavis and Butthead revival, he kept it just like the original.  I hope he can do it again.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2023-02-02 15:50:34 »

I hope it doesn't go 'woke' now under the Disney owned umbrella.  I am sure they can't do some things they did in the past, but that's understandable.  I am really excited to hear about this, but also nervous as to how it will go.

Being on Hulu, they have more freedom.  I worry they might turn it into a swear or nudity fest like some shows.  I hope not.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2023-02-02 15:54:23 »

One of my favorite shows for sure!  Top 3.  Maybe Top 1. ;D  I'm very excited for this and I am confident these guys will make the show awesome.  I can't forget all the shows they are tied to I love, such as "The Office." 

I wonder if they will leave off where they did in 2010?  Maybe keep them the same age in 2023?  Will they age them up?  What if they tell the story of the younger years of Hank, Dale, Bill, and Boomhauer?  Their college days sounds pretty fun, or maybe their young adult?

Personally I hope they stay at the ages they are now and stick to that 2010 era. 
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2023-02-02 17:52:36 »

I saw this the other day!  I'm really happy its coming back.  It was a comfort show for me growing up.  Admittedly different then other things I watched, but it was a good, down to earth kinda show.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2023-02-03 00:16:21 »

Hey, awesome!  Glad to see this is gaining some traction.  Never have we really talked about which shows people enjoy in the adult realm, so I am glad people do enjoy KoTH.
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2023-02-04 23:35:40 »

I still see reruns of this show on tv.  Good show. :)   Excited to see it come back.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2023-02-05 00:33:52 »

« Last Edit: 2023-02-05 00:34:23 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2023-02-05 16:35:06 »

Oh, we starting the KOTH memes?  Already?  So soon!?
Bumble

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2023-02-05 16:47:13 »

The revival's of Futurama have been almost as good.  I am sure they can do a good revival here.  Nothing says they have to have a time skip.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2023-02-05 16:47:48 »

The revival's of Futurama have been almost as good.  I am sure they can do a good revival here.  Nothing says they have to have a time skip.

Daniels seems to have done this with his Beavis and Butthead revival, he kept it just like the original.  I hope he can do it again.

I'm hoping the track record remains good.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: 2023-02-05 16:59:10 »

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2023-02-05 21:14:02 »

^ One of my favorite lines. ;D
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2023-02-06 14:24:00 »

Lol!  That is such a great line.  There are so many great wholesome and funny moments in this series.

Pages: [1] 2 3 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: King of the Hill Topic Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024