PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Movies of 2019! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movies of 2019!  (Read 22866 times)
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: 2019-05-02 18:58:19 »

They're considering changing Sonic's design after all the negative feedback this trailer received.

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #46 on: 2019-05-02 20:31:17 »

Yeah its rare you see something like that happen. A studio acknowledge that they effed up and will fix it to make us happy.

In other news I did a review for Avengers Endgame. And of course spoiler warning

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #47 on: 2019-05-02 22:11:03 »

SONIC MOVIE LOOKS GREAT GUYS!  :))

I'd rather have my own original character BLONIC be in the movie...
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: 2019-05-14 17:19:44 »

'Avengers: Endgame' powers past 'Detective Pikachu' to win the weekend box office, and is now the 3rd highest-grossing movie ever domestically

‘Detective Pikachu’ doesn’t escape the pitfalls of previous video game movies and gets poor to average reviews.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #49 on: 2019-05-14 19:28:32 »

Soooooooooooo....................a few clips of the new Aladdin popped up on YouTube.....kinda lackluster IMO. Then again what else was I really expecting? Should I put spoiler warning if its pretty much the same movie we already know?

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: 2019-05-14 19:44:09 »

Aladdin isn't something I plan to go see.  It doesn't look good or interesting to me. 

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #51 on: 2019-05-14 20:50:28 »

It doesn't help that the girl playing Jasmine is a white british girl......

~~~~~~~~
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #52 on: 2019-05-14 21:19:39 »

That doesn't matter at all.  It shouldn't matter. 

Gosh this recent trend of people making everything race-based is so un-needed.  Everyone hates it, yet people do it?  WHY?

Actors work hard for a position, and if they earn it, they earn it.  Done.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #53 on: 2019-05-14 21:20:36 »

Now I may be on the opposite side of everyone here, but this Aladdin movie looks interesting to me.  Mainly because I want to see how they "redo" iconic scenes and classic songs.  But I don't expect a whole lot since we already know the basics of this movie unless they change it. 
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #54 on: 2019-05-14 21:24:18 »

That doesn't matter at all.  It shouldn't matter.

Agreed.  It doesn't matter at all.  Genie is played by a black guy and Aladdin is a middle eastern guy.... what's your point?  Who cares?

But I watch the previews of this movie and it saddens me a bit.  I know they are trying and the sets look good!  But you just can't pull off the magic of animation with live action human beings.  You just can't.

On a totally random note, I like Jasmine's nose. :)
« Last Edit: 2019-05-14 21:25:34 by Wolfwood » Logged
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #55 on: 2019-05-14 21:29:41 »

Now I may be on the opposite side of everyone here, but this Aladdin movie looks interesting to me.  Mainly because I want to see how they "redo" iconic scenes and classic songs.  But I don't expect a whole lot since we already know the basics of this movie unless they change it.

I like Jasmine's nose. :)

I can't help but agree.  I am curious as to how they will handle so many of the well known scenes in the movie.  I'm not planning on seeing it but will rent it or something when it comes out on video. 

I also watched Jasmine's nostrils way too much.  They were distracting me how they flared a few times.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #56 on: 2019-05-14 21:31:12 »

I agree with you about being interested in how they will do scenes and classic songs in a more modern way...and honestly I'm curious how they will do the effects in live action.

No one can ever replace the energy and life Robin Williams gave the Genie...even in the Direct to DVD sequel the person who replaced Robin Williams didn't capture the same magic that Robin Williams had. Even so...Will Smith is going to do his best in the role. I want to see how he will do. I'm prepared to be let down, but if he does a good job I wouldn't be surprised at that.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #57 on: 2019-05-14 21:33:37 »

I watched the recent Genie singing clip and you could tell they tried.  I am torn on it.  Disney's most recent live action films of classics have all been flops, but I think this one will do okay compared to the others.... but hopefully Disney will stop doing live action remakes. 

They butchered Dumbo.  They did decent with Mary Poppins but the audience just wasn't there. 
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #58 on: 2019-05-14 21:36:39 »

I understand this a lot. I thought the same thing, but I also think that she could surprise me with a good performance...or she could be a really bad fit.

I also watched Jasmine's nostrils way too much.  They were distracting me how they flared a few times.

Now that you pointed this out, I can't unsee this and be distracted...but I'm not complaining at all XD
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #59 on: 2019-05-14 21:42:12 »

Movie in 2019 I am most curious about: Joker (coming in October)

Movie that I think I am most likely to see: The Star wars movie

Movie I have no desire to see in 2019: Uglydolls (currently already out in Theaters...and I have no desire to even rent this movie XD...although if enough people say positive things about it I may change my mind, but right now there are a lot more negative things I have heard than good.)

Bonus movie I'll go see if I have enough money and time: Godzilla movie
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Movies of 2019! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024