PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Disney Channel / Disney XD Discussion 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disney Channel / Disney XD Discussion  (Read 38608 times)
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2016-08-21 23:37:32 »

Topic to discuss Disney Channel / Disney XD. 
« Last Edit: 2016-08-21 23:41:07 by Wolfwood » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-08-21 23:38:21 »

So apparently Ducktales is being rebooted to Disney XD in 2017.

SOURCE

First promo image.

This will be the first big show that Disney has after they have stopped Phineas and Ferb, their last big hit animated show. 
« Last Edit: 2016-08-21 23:39:00 by Wolfwood » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-08-22 00:04:01 »

Wow!  This is new news to me.  That's interesting.  Based on this, the art style isn't as jarringly different as Warner Brothers did with Wabbit and the Looney Tunes Show.  But this style will take getting used too.  Donald wears black now?  Interesting. 
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-08-22 16:45:54 »

Really? A remake?  I hope that it will be good!

I used to love Phineas and Ferb.  I found the writing very clever, but I understand why it ended.  It couldn't keep going the way it was, and they ended it on a high note. :) 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-08-22 17:20:14 »

Aww yes, the network I never watch.  They also have that new show that I don't know the name of... it's like Starlight defender of the universe or something?  I want to give it a chance, but never watch that channel so I never know when it is on. 

Phineas and Ferb was a good show.   Gravity Falls was another. 
« Last Edit: 2016-08-22 17:20:26 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-08-24 13:04:46 »

How Reboots and remakes have become dirty words in Hollywood.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-08-24 15:16:36 »

This will be the first big show that Disney has after they have stopped Phineas and Ferb, their last big hit animated show.
It was also the show that launched the Disney Afternoon over twenty years ago, before most of these new millennial brats were even born.

Donald wears black now?  Interesting.
Hey, it worked for Popeye.

So is Launchpad McQuack still sidekicking for Darkwing Duck, or will he join Scrooge and the kids when they need a pilot on their adventures? Perhaps a crossover/backdoor pilot for a DW reboot (which was done in the comics) is in the works?

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-08-26 11:23:57 »

Did anyone see that new Popeye movie? 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-08-26 11:46:20 »

What.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-08-26 12:24:03 »

Did anyone see that new Popeye movie?

It hasn't come out yet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1625335/
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-08-27 01:52:44 »

Just announced... Milo Murphy's Law.

Watching the intro, it won't take you more then a second to tell this was done by the same crew and Phineas and Ferb.  Same art style, same kind of humor (probably).  Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh were given full reigns for this new show, as they were with Phineas and Ferb in the later seasons.

You will also quickly recognize that song being sung by Weird Al, who also voices the main star Milo. 

From the creators of the beloved Emmy award-winning show Phineas and Ferb comes Milo Murphy’s Law. The show stars “Weird Al” Yankovic as Milo Murphy, the fictional great-great-great-great grandson of Murphy’s law namesake (Murphy’s law is the old saying that states “anything that can go wrong, will go wrong). Starring alongside Weird Al are Sabrina Carpenter and MeKai Curtis as Milo’s best friends Melissa Chase and Zack Underwood.

Milo Murphy’s Law is expected to have songs written and performed by Phineas and Ferb co-creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh. Yankovic performs the theme song, and the show is set to feature more of his quirky songs as well. Povenmire and Marsh will also voice two characters in the show.

For generations, the men in the Murphy family have been affected with a rare trait known as Extreme Hereditary Murphy’s Law condition (EHML). Sadly, Milo Murphy is yet another in the long line of ancestors to be afflicted with it. As a result, Milo is always expecting the unexpected. Whatever goes wrong – and something always does – Milo is prepared for every possibility. Armed with knowledge, a backpack of supplies, and endless optimism and enthusiasm, he can turn whatever catastrophe the world throws at him into a fun adventure. In each episode comprising of two 11-minute stories, Milo, and his best friends Zack and Melissa, find ways to get creative as life hurls many obstacles in his way.

It will premier on Disney XD, October 3, 2016.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-08-27 06:22:44 »

This sounds like an awesome freaking show. It sounds cute, it's an interesting premise and the art style is nice. Also, Weird Al. Can't go wrong with that guy XD. Sort of reminds me of the family from Holes. Where they're just constantly plagued with bad luck. I'd actually watch this show :)

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-08-27 07:37:22 »

The girl's a cutie.   I'm already sensing 'shippers on deck. 

So essentially Milo is a Wierdness Magnet with a hairstyle evocative of Jimmy Neutron. 

A Popeye movie, eh? I wonder if Billy West will voice the spinach-eating sailor again.

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-08-27 12:34:00 »

I hadn't heard of this show at all.  Interesting.  I like Povenmire and Marsh working together.  They come up with great stuff, you have to be on your toes. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-11-18 13:26:44 »

Disney Channel and Disney XD have a few new cartoons coming for 2017/2018.  It would seem the Disney Channel will only have one new cartoon and the rest all go to Disney XD.  Disney Channel is pretty much just a live action station now.

LEGO Frozen Northern Lights for December 2016.  This will just be a few shorts.  I don't think anyone even watches LEGO cartoons anyways... they are so poorly done.

Tangled: Before Ever After will be traditionally animated, and is a tv series coming in 2017.  Here is a teaser, and you will either like the animation or not.  It is certainly unique, but still has that lame FLASH look.  Clip  This is expected to be a Disney Channel show.

DuckTales will premier sometime in 2017 on Disney XD.

Kim Possible creators Mark McCorkle and Bob Schooley, are working on a traditionally animated cartoon series for, "Big Hero 6."  It will premier on Disney XD in 2017.  It seems it will follow much of the same format as Kim Possible did with kids fighting bad guys all the time.

"Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer," is a new series for Disney XD and should premier in 2017.  The show follows the adventures of Billy Dilley (Jessica McKenna), a 7th grader who loves science, and his lab partners, Zeke (Tom Kenny) and Marsha, who on summer vacation find themselves trapped in a strange world located in the Earth's core.  Doesn't seem earth shatteringly exciting.  More of the same kind of set up, just a different location, in the earth...

"Country Club" is expected to release on Disney XD in 2018. The series is created by Chris and Shane Houghton, who originally worked on Nickelodeon's, "Harvey Beaks" which is a very different show, but isn't drawing in viewers.  Slower paced, more thoughtful.  This series will focus on Cricket Green, a mischievous and optimistic country boy who moves to the big city with his family. Cricket’s curiosity and enthusiasm leads his wildly out of place family on epic journeys and into the hearts of his new neighbors.  You know how these writers like to right and how they like to use animal characters, so expect that. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Disney Channel / Disney XD Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024