PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: I need help recovering my email. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need help recovering my email.  (Read 381 times)
Claof

Email
« on: 2023-06-17 22:30:25 »

Honestly, I don't know what to do. I know this isn't normally where you would ask for tech advice like this, but I can't find help anywhere online. Especially now that so many subreddits are now private and I can't see their content. And the google forums are no help. The responses are just copy and paste generic replies that don't actually help in the slightest.

So, I changed internet providers and google decided that that was proof enough I'm not really me anymore. I know the email and password and have tried logging in. It says it can't verify that it's me, despite using the same computer I've always used. For account recovery, all it asks for is either my email address or number, and the last known password. It decides it can't verify me with the email and password, and when I use the phone number, I can't access it because I've never signed into this account on my Gmail app. And I've always used this email in incognito because it's my private email, and is very clearly fetishy sounding. Is there any way to regain access to this email? I had a lot of things I need from it...

Claof's Custom Signature: Sono una zucca, nera e viola.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2023-06-18 01:33:45 »

First of all, oh my gosh, I had no idea you were still around Claof!  Hello! 

I had this same issue.  I kept answering all the questions correctly, just for stupid Google to saw they couldn't determine it was me.  What I had to eventually do was annoyingly call them and they solved it for me.  Here is the number.  1-650-253-0000

I'm sure it will be awkward because you said it was fetishy sounding.... but they don't know you so who cares what the person on the other line thinks?

Also this might help.

https://www.followchain.org/google-couldnt-verify/
« Last Edit: 2023-06-18 01:34:29 by Soda » Logged
Claof

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2023-06-18 02:30:01 »

Yeah, I've just been a lurker recently. I've had a lot of trouble posting and talking to others for a while, so I've kind of just closed myself off. I really want to get back into it eventually, though.

I might have to call them, then. I'll just have to bear with it, I guess. I just hope I can force myself to tell them my email! Until then, I can't use my email, youtube and almost a dozen websites that I've been using "login with google".

Thanks!

Claof's Custom Signature: Sono una zucca, nera e viola.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2023-06-18 15:50:29 »

Note to self in the future.  Never trust Google Drive to hold your content.  Buy a personal external hard drive.

I have nothing more to really add here.  If you've tried everything else you can imagine, you might have to call.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2023-06-20 00:06:08 »

Any luck there, Claof?  Most reddit boards should be available again too.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: I need help recovering my email. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024