PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Nintendo Gaming 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Gaming  (Read 26175 times)
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: 2016-10-16 09:06:00 »

Wii U

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2016-10-16 09:12:55 »

Oh... Crin.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: 2016-10-20 21:09:13 »

The new console was revealed today. It's called the Nintendo Switch

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #33 on: 2016-10-21 04:19:17 »

Only today? I think it was announced at least two days ago lol. People were making memes of it yesterday on ifunny.

But cool. They just cut out the screen of the wiiU tablet and mashed the sides together XP

Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #34 on: 2017-03-07 07:32:36 »

Yeah at the moment Nintendo switch is off to a bad start with all the crashing and freezing here's a video of what it does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc
« Last Edit: 2017-03-07 07:34:01 by Flareon » Logged

I'm Sparky I'm known as a electric rodent :)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #35 on: 2017-03-07 10:02:00 »

My friend got a Switch.

The thing about the cartridges is funny though, to make sure dumbass kids don't eat them lol

Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #36 on: 2017-03-07 10:07:21 »

I just had to look on images for the cartridges and they are small could easily lose that.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: 2017-03-07 13:44:35 »

This is the last thing Nintendo needed to go wrong. They are already on their last leg as a console company.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #38 on: 2017-03-07 14:52:34 »

Yeah well so are DS cartridges. If you're losing those you're just irresponsible.

Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #39 on: 2017-03-07 14:55:45 »

I keep my cartridge in my ds all the other go in there cases.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: 2017-03-07 15:21:27 »

There is an international outcry right now, because the Switch is failing on people, freezing, and dying.  The system is getting poor reviews for the ultra cheapness in quality too, and poorly built products.  This could be a big fiasco for them.  Nintendo has released a troubleshooting guide for people experiencing problems with their Joy-Cons and have stated online now that it is "normal to heave dead pixels" and things to crash at times.  That seems kind of weird...

Sales are good, the best Nintendo has ever had for a launch of a new system, but there are a lot of unhappy people returning them due to shoddy craftsmanship. 
« Last Edit: 2017-03-07 15:23:29 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: 2017-03-09 13:47:05 »

What will happen to Nintendo if the Switch is another “failure,” as in, it ultimately sells around what the Wii U sold, that forgotten console no one knew existed. It’s hard to know what the cut-off would be for a “disappointment,” but Gamecube and the Wii U are viewed as rather poor-selling, at 21 million and 13 million respectively, while the N64, SNES and NES all fared much better at 33 million, 49 million and 62 million respectively.  Anything under 20 million would be considered bad, but there’s an additional dimension here that is rarely talked about.

If the Switch fails, it fails hard, because it has no new handheld system to prop it up. As such, its metric for what’s considered a success is almost certainly going to have to be higher than normal.Last generation, even though the Wii U struggled with low sales, Nintendo at least had a piece of hardware that was selling five times as well, the 3DS, which sold about 65 million units.

This is where there’s a lot of pressure not just for the Switch to drastically outperform the Wii U, but to sell enough units so that Nintendo can realize their secret-but-probably-not-that-secret plan to make the Switch both its home console and handheld, merging those divisions together at last.

There’s another question on everyone’s mind if the Switch doesn’t do well. Would another Wii U-like generation be enough to push Nintendo out of hardware entirely?  I mean, Nintendo hasn't exactly adapted well over the years and they are still developing the same old games with new titles over them.  Besides the original Wii, there has been no innovation from Nintendo in years.  Don't say the Switch is, because it isn't.  It's just jumbling everything together as one.

Sales are off to a strong start, but they need to break the threshold and combine sales of the console and handhelds to be successful.

If not, we really could see a future of no Nintendo hardware and possibly selling just games to other willing payers.  As you can note, Nintendo has cornered themselves into a market where only they develop games for themselves... and thats a dangerous market to be in.
Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2017-03-09 14:20:33 »

It's definitely not normal to have dead pixels and crashing that just causes consumer frustrations I do hope Nintendo sort themselves out as I like my 3ds and don't want the games to stop entirely.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2017-03-09 15:53:51 »

What will happen to Nintendo if the Switch is another “failure,” as in, it ultimately sells around what the Wii U sold, that forgotten console no one knew existed. It’s hard to know what the cut-off would be for a “disappointment,” but Gamecube and the Wii U are viewed as rather poor-selling, at 21 million and 13 million respectively, while the N64, SNES and NES all fared much better at 33 million, 49 million and 62 million respectively.  Anything under 20 million would be considered bad, but there’s an additional dimension here that is rarely talked about.

If the Switch fails, it fails hard, because it has no new handheld system to prop it up. As such, its metric for what’s considered a success is almost certainly going to have to be higher than normal.Last generation, even though the Wii U struggled with low sales, Nintendo at least had a piece of hardware that was selling five times as well, the 3DS, which sold about 65 million units.

This is where there’s a lot of pressure not just for the Switch to drastically outperform the Wii U, but to sell enough units so that Nintendo can realize their secret-but-probably-not-that-secret plan to make the Switch both its home console and handheld, merging those divisions together at last.

There’s another question on everyone’s mind if the Switch doesn’t do well. Would another Wii U-like generation be enough to push Nintendo out of hardware entirely?  I mean, Nintendo hasn't exactly adapted well over the years and they are still developing the same old games with new titles over them.  Besides the original Wii, there has been no innovation from Nintendo in years.  Don't say the Switch is, because it isn't.  It's just jumbling everything together as one.

Sales are off to a strong start, but they need to break the threshold and combine sales of the console and handhelds to be successful.

If not, we really could see a future of no Nintendo hardware and possibly selling just games to other willing payers.  As you can note, Nintendo has cornered themselves into a market where only they develop games for themselves... and thats a dangerous market to be in.

Very, very, very, VERY, valid.

They will need more sales then ever to stay afloat.  The current 3DS is ancient, and it's sales are dropping fast.  Nintendo will need better then great sales to stay relevant as a company.  Unless there is a major shift in the gaming industry, such and consoles no longer being relevant, this is a really real concern for Nintendo, and they know it.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: 2017-03-14 17:02:02 »

The Nintendo Switch has sold 1.5 million consoles so far in it's first week.  It is the fastest selling Nintendo console in history, but not the fastest selling console in history which goes to Sony and their behemoth Playstation family of systems.  Experts predicted higher sales, so this was a revealing moment of NOT as good a sales as we predicted. 

Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Nintendo Gaming « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024