PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Easter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Easter  (Read 23390 times)
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2016-03-27 18:20:53 »

What does Easter mean to you guys? =) Is there any traditions you have?

Easter is why I went home over the weekend XD It's a big deal for my family, and not just for religion reasons. There's also the tradition of an Easter Egg hunt, and although I'm old now XD , I have never actually hid the eggs until today. Hiding eggs...it was kinda tedious to be honest. It was fun =) My mom does a silly tradition where she puts 4 different eggs among the candy eggs and those 4 eggs have either a quarter, a half dollar, a gold dollar coin, or a 1 dollar bill. those are the eggs that are good ;) XDD Seriously though, it was a fun egg hunt.

I also saw and talked with my grandparents. They're...getting really old =( I don't know how much longer they'll be around, that's how old they looked this year. I don't get to see them often, but when I do I'm glad I have the chance to see them.
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-03-27 18:42:22 »

What does Easter mean to me? ??? Let me think about it...

...to me, Easter is Easter. ;D

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-03-27 19:06:18 »

It's just Easter.
I go to the long af masses, sing (the only saving grace of mass for me), and then go home. We don't have big dinners. We never did. We may have family over, have some small party. Hang with family. That's it.
We never did Easter egg hunts, there was no chocolate, no bunnies. Just mass, and family.

mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-03-27 19:29:19 »

AF masses? I know Mass :D but I don't know what af means. Singing is awesome ^^ I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints =) I love Easter. It's a good time of the year.
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-03-27 19:55:31 »

Lots of food!
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-03-27 20:45:20 »

Besides the religious significance, of course...  it means tomorrow Peeps, jellybeans,  and chocolate eggs go on sale for half-price.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-03-28 06:03:32 »

AF masses? I know Mass :D but I don't know what af means. Singing is awesome ^^ I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints =) I love Easter. It's a good time of the year.
"long af masses" = long as f*ck masses.
I'm Christian, I think? I don't know. My church is named after the miracle at Lourdes, France.

Claof

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-03-28 06:35:34 »

Easter isn't a big deal to me, and it doesn't mean much to me.
yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-03-28 07:48:57 »

I'm Christian, I think? I don't know. My church is named after the miracle at Lourdes, France.

- Do you believe that there is a single God (optionally having several aspects, but still ultimately being just one)?
- Do you believe the New Testament is, at the least, divinely inspired by said God?
- Do you believe that Jesus of Nazareth was not just your average Joe, or even your average prophet, but the honest-to-goodness "Son of God" (fairly broad interpretations of that phrase count)?

If yes to all the above, then you're probably Christian!

If not, but you still have a >50% confidence in the existence of a God, then between that and regularly attending a Christian church you probably still count as Christian.

Indeed, the only situation I can imagine where you'd be regularly attending a church and yet not count as a Christian would be if you were attending purely due to social factors, while belonging to another faith or being functionally agnostic or atheist.  If you belonged to another faith you wouldn't be questioning whether you're a Christian, so perhaps you don't feel the evidence for the existence of any God is particularly strong?  In which case you can still be culturally Christian without being a believer, but what terms you use to label yourself in that situation are pretty much up to you.

I for one am a filthy heathen, but I never pass up the opportunity to consume chocolate in quantities that are usually socially unacceptable.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-03-28 08:42:49 »

Easter is a wonderful day of celebration.  We celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Usually we attend church, and have brunch with a bunch of good food.  Often there is a nice dinner to go with it.

Then the next day, grocery stores mark down their easter candy!!! 
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-03-28 09:27:27 »

I miss egg hunts when I was young. :)  I love Easter time because I get to see family and we get to relax.  Easter service is always really good. :) 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-03-28 15:27:56 »

Heh heh, thanks Yasl. I was more questioning whether I was Christian or Catholic.
But yeah, Easter is all about the resurrection of Jesus Christ in my house. That's why we didn't really do the Easter egg hunt stuff.

mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-03-28 21:56:11 »

I'm honestly pleasantly surprised :D Religion isn't a topic that's talked about very often these days, especially online. It's way too easy for people to get offended sometimes with religion, and honestly there's good reason for that. Pushy religious people are not just annoying, they can be rude and harsh towards people who don't believe the same way they themselves believe and it really messes with religion in general.

I believe in Jesus Christ too ^^

Also Leapingriver, thanks for the explination. I wasn't sure what af meant. I don't know how long is long to you though XD
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-03-28 22:21:53 »

My church's normal masses are at most an hour. Easter masses range from an hour and thirty minutes to an hour and 45 minutes. And most of that is the collection baskets, the readings (so freaking long), etc. It just gets boring for me. I prefer to be singing.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-03-29 05:39:46 »

There is a lot of religious people here that hold a faith.  I am pleasantly surprised. :)

I have mentioned before I believe in God and am a Christian.  Happy Easter guys. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Easter « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024