PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Voltron: Legendary Defender 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Voltron: Legendary Defender  (Read 4377 times)
Bird

Sassafrass

Email
« on: 2016-12-30 20:18:59 »

Notable for being a reboot of a franchise that got its start in 1984, as well as being written, directed, and animated by the same team that did Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, Voltron is the story of five teenagers who are chosen to become a team of paladins for the Princess of Altea. Each one must learn how to operate a ship in the form of a giant mechanical lion -- which, when combined, forms the robot Voltron. Voltron is the most reliable form of protection for both the princess and almost anyone else they come across, and the only form of protection that can stop the leader of the Galra Empire from conquering the entire universe.

Truth be told, I only started watching this because I have to do a Secret Santa that involves some of the characters -- and I'm also only halfway through the season. But man, is it amazing. The atmosphere and animation is stunning, the characters are really unique both on their own and how they operate as a team, and the action is thrilling. The humor and drama is also right on point when it needs to be, which is to be expected, considering who's writing and producing the show.

I guess I'm just curious as to if any of you have heard of it, or even thought of giving it a try! The pilot episode is a full hour, but it does a really great job of setting up the characters, their situations, and the stakes for the rest of the season.
« Last Edit: 2016-12-30 20:20:53 by Paws » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-12-30 20:40:44 »

Oh dude, I've seen this show! It's awesome. Really good show.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-12-31 00:09:08 »

I have never heard of this being a show again, and I didn't know it was by the Avatar people.  What channel is it even on?  I didn't know they rebooted this (not that I watched the original).

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-12-31 00:10:37 »

Whaaaaat?  I didn't hear about any new show of this.  When did this happen? 

This isn't the kind of series I would watch, and the premise sounds cliche already, but since it came from the Avatar team, I will give it a try.  I hadn't seen or heard of this advertised.  No word of it on those cartoon forums either.
« Last Edit: 2016-12-31 00:11:44 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-12-31 03:27:47 »

Voltron!! omg YEAHHH! When Mechs were a really big thing! We had Gundam, Transformers and Voltron!

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-12-31 05:45:08 »

I watched this with my friend. It's great. The characters are fun. The main one is basically Sokka, if I have to name a problem with it. But besides that he's fun and so are the rest of the characters. Some are also pretty good looking :p

Bird

Sassafrass

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-12-31 07:30:36 »

For those of you wondering where it can be watched... I seem to have neglected to mention that this is a Netflix exclusive series. :P I'm sure plenty of the episodes can be found online, though, and Season 2 premiers on January 20th.

« Last Edit: 2016-12-31 07:31:12 by Paws » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-12-31 08:15:05 »

I was just coming on to mention that lol XD I was like "did Paws mention it was on Netflix? Let me go mentio- oh she just did". My friend introduced me, it's fun. But I wouldn't say to compare it to Avatar, as you'll find it'll probably fall short, as most people AtLA is very high on their lists and hard to reach its greatness. This show is great, but I wouldn't say it's AtLA quality. I'm not really sure if this show would have even been able to be aired on tv, due to er, certain reveals and stuff later on in the show.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-12-31 12:03:07 »

It's a shame when "good shows" (I haven't seen it yet) are limited to such small mediums.  Shows that are only on Amazon Prime, or shows only on Netflix.  They can be great, but are missed by the masses who don't have those programs.  A shame.  I guess I will have to watch it another way. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Voltron: Legendary Defender « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024