PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Video Games 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 137762 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #300 on: 2018-11-14 13:07:31 »

Hitman 2 Review.  Just stick with Hitman (2016).

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #301 on: 2018-11-17 17:18:56 »

FALLOUT 76 REVIEWS Coming In

Fallout 76 not getting good reviews as predicted and expected here.  Most reviews say it is a bad story, dead world, bugs galore, and repetitive.

Bethesda’s first multiplayer Fallout title was released recently. The welcoming party wasn’t too pleased, however, as Fallout 76 gets bombarded with negative reviews from the Metacritic users.  The final verdict being a 2.4 out of 10. 

6/10 (Softpedia)

5/10 (AOTF)

Number Review Coming Soon, but they don't like it (Gamespot)

No Review Yet, but in progress.  They say the game is stale. (IGN)

"As cliché as it may be, Fallout 76 is basically Fallout 4. That’s the reality." (Digital Trends)

"Fallout 76 is without question the most disappointing game released this year so far, and one of the most stunningly inept AAA productions in recent memory." (What Culture)
« Last Edit: 2018-11-17 17:22:25 by Wolfwood » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #302 on: 2018-11-17 22:55:54 »

Saw that coming.

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #303 on: 2018-11-18 16:52:23 »

Fallout 76 is a horrible game.  It was a waste of my money!  Extremely disappointed in MYSELF for still buying it.  Lucky for me I got to return it and THEY ACCEPTED THAT!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Went right back to Red Dead Redemption II. 

Let me assure you guys, save your money.  Don't buy Fallout 76.  It's such a hot mess.  The game is so empty and devoid of content. Maybe in a year or so they will have patched and fixed stuff (they won't)... but just pass off on it.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-18 16:53:07 by Darrin » Logged

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #304 on: 2018-11-20 00:40:34 »

^ Thanks for you experience.

We have a lot of games coming up here now.  One of the sillier games, Just Cause 4 is coming out.  Looks like a slightly modified JC3... but that won't stop me!  Okay... maybe.

I'm enjoying RDR II for the time being.  Game of the year for sure.  Shame because there isn't many good games this year.  A lot of big name games failed this year.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #305 on: 2018-11-24 13:55:40 »

Just Cause 4 may be an upcoming guilty pleasure of B movie bliss.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #306 on: 2018-11-24 17:45:46 »

More Fallout 76 reviews finally came in.  Mainly from the big reviewers... and they weren't too kind.  Fallout 76's $60 price has already been dropped to $34 on Amazon.

GAMESPOT --- 4/10

IGN --- 5/10

PC GAMER --- 6/10

GAMES RADAR --- 2.5/10

VIDEOGAMER --- 4/10

USGAMER --- 2/5

« Last Edit: 2018-11-24 17:46:14 by MasterXtreme » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #307 on: 2018-11-24 17:53:29 »

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES FOR THE CHRISTMAS SEASON

Nov 27 - Darksiders III

Q4 2018 - Red Dead Redemption II Online

Dec 4 - Just Cause 4

Dec 4, Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales

Jan 2019 - Kingdom Hearts 3
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #308 on: 2018-11-24 22:01:24 »

More Fallout 76 reviews finally came in.  Mainly from the big reviewers... and they weren't too kind.  Fallout 76's $60 price has already been dropped to $34 on Amazon.

GAMESPOT --- 4/10

IGN --- 5/10

PC GAMER --- 6/10

GAMES RADAR --- 2.5/10

VIDEOGAMER --- 4/10

USGAMER --- 2/5

Fallout 76 may be the biggest blunder and bomb of the year... Possibly the past five years. Bethesda has dropped the price $25 in one week. It is getting panned by reviewers everywhere. Maybe they will learn they can't sell a game that took very little effort on their part. Bad engine, bad graphics, no story, pretty much all reused assets. It's a joke they tried to pass this off. They have dropped the price twice in a week since the release. They must be selling horribly.

https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/fallout-76-drops-in-price-again-to-dollar35/
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #309 on: 2018-11-25 16:13:17 »

I feel bad for the people who got fooled and bought Fallout 76.  It may be one of the worst games in a decade or so.  One of the biggest blatant lies.  It will have RUINED Bethesda's reputation and make people rethink all their products including the Elder Scrolls.  It may have screwed their business long term and ruined their major IP's.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #310 on: 2018-11-25 18:24:01 »

Fallout 76 sales down 82%

That said, people were still fooled somehow and bought this because by no means did Bethesda lose money on this.  They made millions.

Sales Numbers.

They've most likely sold several million copies and have made at the very least $24 million dollars.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-25 18:24:11 by Silverwing » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #311 on: 2018-11-29 15:06:34 »

'Fallout 76' Or 'Battlefield 5' Which Release And Aftermath Has Been The Bigger Disaster?  EA Follows Bethesda's Game And Puts BF5 At Clearance Price Due To Horrible Sales 

Despite somewhat troublesome release dates scheduled a little too close to the release of games like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Call of Duty Black Ops 4, both Fallout 76 and Battlefield 5 arrived to console and PC gamers.

Battlefield 5 sales are down 83% and the game has been out one week.  They have reduced the price 50% from it's original $60 dollar price.

Battlefield 5 has received some love for its gameplay and visuals, however, it has been taken to task about its myriad of release dates and a rather incomplete feature set. A number of modes–including the battle royale feature–aren't available as of yet and that's not sitting right with fans. Aside from the issues that are related to the game's development and engineering, there are also many complaints about historically incorrect inclusions of women on the front lines of World War II and how they push an agenda related to race and women. 

This drama dates back months before the game released. Once some gamers got wind of the level of involvement women had in the War Stories portion of the game, it made many of them uncomfortable. EA defended the inclusion of women in their game, but not so intelligently, then CCO Patrick Soderlund dished an unfortunate ultimatum to the game's community. "If you don't like it, don't buy it," became a topic of conversation amongst the Battlefield and gaming community.

Soderlund is no longer with EA, but as the game's deficiencies are coming to light, it seems grumbles about Soderlund's comments are starting to resurface. Whether related or not, Battlefield 5's sales are way down. Perhaps, it's not totally fair, but this kind of thing is a reality in the world of entertainment. While EA and Battlefield 5 are not exactly in an enviable position, they are still better off than Bethesda and Fallout 76.

Not only are people lambasting the game, but they're also criticizing the company's issuance of a nylon bag as opposed to the more stylish canvas version that was promised when the publisher/developer was wooing gamers into buying the $200 collector's edition. As bad as that sounds, things got worse when Bethesda offered 500 Atoms (a form of in-game currency) to customers who received the cheaper bag.

Apparently, Bethesda is even being investigated behind this fiasco. This is obviously a bad look in every way for Bethesda and Fallout 76, and due to the poor reception for the game, I'd have to say Fallout has been the biggest disaster. If Battlefield 5 continues to improve stability and adds in the battle royale mode in March as planned, things are still looking up. I'm not sure any update and combination of time can save Fallout 76.
Binkyt11

Email
« Reply #312 on: 2018-12-06 18:45:39 »

So i finally got my PS4 set up. First new game I got was Brawlhalla. My god, it is a blast to play. A SSB-esque platform fighter, it's unique in how it handles itself. For starters, each character has a unique set of weapon types. Meaning one can work with Axe/Guantlets, and another with Guns/Sword. It gives the roster a nice mix up and lots of options on what you're comfortable with. Secondly, it's very friendly towards casual and competitive fans with its game modes and surprisingly balanced, which is something I'm glad about since I'm more towards the former. And finally, it is a multiplatform game. Whole crossplay functionality is still in the works, the fact you can get it for every major console+ PC is a huge plus for anyone who wants to grab the game without worrying about what system it works on.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #313 on: 2018-12-06 22:33:33 »

Never heard of that game called, Brawlhalla.  Glad you are having fun.  I'm having a blast (pun) with Spyro Reignited!  Three games for only $40!  My childhood has been amazingly redone!

Binkyt11

Email
« Reply #314 on: 2018-12-07 00:35:43 »

Never heard of that game called, Brawlhalla.  Glad you are having fun.  I'm having a blast (pun) with Spyro Reignited!  Three games for only $40!  My childhood has been amazingly redone!
Not a bad deal! While I never played it myself, it seems to be a very charming game, and the remake looks fantantasic! The art direction of the game certainly does astound me, my favorite one being the redesigns of the elder dragons. While in the original they looked like near identical copies of each other, the RIT gives them a lot of character and flair with their designs.  ^-^

As for Brawlhalla, I was told about the game earlier this year. I wanted to get into it, but didn't have any console or a good PC. It wasn't until they announced Rayman as a fighter and I finally got my uncle's old PS4 that I knew I had to get this game. Probably one of the best F2P games I've got. It does have some microtransactions, but it's mostly justified since 1. It's all mostly cosmetic; and 2. The developer is pretty small and using the money on things that help improve the game and help get the updates out so quick (apparently every 2 or so weeks they update the game). Honestly with the latter, it's the first time I've seen a lot of people not having too much of an issue with it and are pretty okay with the fact that they game has them.

Now that I'm looking at this, I just realized how much of a good year it has been for me in regards for video games. I haven't felt this excited of playing them in years! I've been trying to find and try some games that have recently caught my eye, and honestly it feels great!
Pages: < 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Video Games « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024