PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Disney Channel / Disney XD Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disney Channel / Disney XD Discussion  (Read 39746 times)
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #165 on: 2023-07-04 23:45:51 »

Well, I discovered, and have been enjoying, Wander Over Yonder... and, while that how does have a few heartstring-tugging episodes [The Black Cube-focused one and several focused on Wander's and Sylvia's pasts, both together and separately], my favorites are the more giddy, goofy ones. Surprisingly, Hater gets just as many of those as Wander, like "The Breakfast", "The Cartoon" and "The Bad Neighbors".  With his violent outbursts and propensity for throwing tantrums, he's like Skeletor's weird socially-maladjusted cousin.

When comedy shows experiment with "very special episodes" full of pathos and character-building, it can go very well or very bad.  Anyone remember that Animaniacs* episode "One Flew Over the Cuckoo Clock"? That's an example of it going royally bad....

* Not Disney, I know, but some of their top writers and talent--Peter Hastings, Rusty Mills, Paul Rugg--did later move over to The Mouse after the series wrapped.
« Last Edit: 2023-07-04 23:47:43 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

Spiffmin

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #166 on: 2023-10-16 12:06:46 »

Disney turns 100 today.

They are in big trouble right now though. Way different then even twenty years ago. Not the family friendly, classics, company we grew up with.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #167 on: 2023-10-16 23:46:15 »

Certainly not the Disney I remember.
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Disney Channel / Disney XD Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024