PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Movies of 2019! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movies of 2019!  (Read 22846 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: 2019-05-14 21:43:06 »

It doesn't help that the girl playing Jasmine is a white british girl......

That doesn't matter at all.  It shouldn't matter. 
Gosh this recent trend of people making everything race-based is so un-needed. 
That doesn't matter at all.  It shouldn't matter.

Exactly. 

For all we know, no middle eastern female auditioned for the role.  And even if they ... they weren't picked for various.  The person they choose looks great for the role and I hope they do a superb job.  I hope all the people choosen in the movie do a great job.  She seems excited about her role.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-14 21:44:26 by Silverwing » Logged
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #61 on: 2019-05-14 21:46:10 »

Oh gosh this looks awful....

Sonic The Hedgehog Movie.

OH MY GOSH.   :-0 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #62 on: 2019-05-14 22:12:05 »

I didn't mean to come off as an asshole with that comment about Jasmine's actress. I just find it odd but thats my mind. But she is a decent actress. Her role in Power Rangers proved that.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #63 on: 2019-05-14 22:13:48 »

Well going off that Sonic movie trailer there...

Sonic movie change requests from fans pleased co-creator Yuji Naka

It’s been an eventful week for the Sonic movie, that’s for sure. The trailer premiered earlier this week, leaving a lot of fans quite confused. Jim Carrey back in his zany mode did please most viewers, but fans weren’t entirely sold on Sonic’s new look. And just a couple of days later, the film’s director acknowledged that changes would be made to his character. As a result, response has been overwhelmingly positive. And chiming in his two cents on the matter is Sonic’s co-creator, Yuji Naka.

In a post on Twitter today, Naka praised the fans for sounding off on Sonic’s not-so-hot appearance in the film.

Read Full Article: GameRevolution

So the studio claims they will make changes to Sonic's character design... but not sure how they will do that before the supposed November release date.  They might have to delay it... or they might do a really poor redesign or do next to nothing.  We'll see what happens in this ongoing saga of Sonic.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #64 on: 2019-05-14 22:15:12 »

I didn't mean to come off as an asshole with that comment about Jasmine's actress.

We're good man.  :)  *Friendly fist bump*

I didn't mean to sound like I was coming at you either.  Just years of frustration on my end seeing society continue to lose all fabric of reality. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #65 on: 2019-05-14 22:15:57 »

Well going off that Sonic movie trailer there...

Sonic movie change requests from fans pleased co-creator Yuji Naka

It’s been an eventful week for the Sonic movie, that’s for sure. The trailer premiered earlier this week, leaving a lot of fans quite confused. Jim Carrey back in his zany mode did please most viewers, but fans weren’t entirely sold on Sonic’s new look. And just a couple of days later, the film’s director acknowledged that changes would be made to his character. As a result, response has been overwhelmingly positive. And chiming in his two cents on the matter is Sonic’s co-creator, Yuji Naka.

In a post on Twitter today, Naka praised the fans for sounding off on Sonic’s not-so-hot appearance in the film.

Read Full Article: GameRevolution

So the studio claims they will make changes to Sonic's character design... but not sure how they will do that before the supposed November release date.  They might have to delay it... or they might do a really poor redesign or do next to nothing.  We'll see what happens in this ongoing saga of Sonic.

I had heard they will be updating the character.  I hope they do it justice, because God knows how beaten Sonic fans have been since... well pretty much since the beginning of the franchise. lol.
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #66 on: 2019-05-31 11:02:28 »

I saw the intruder and brightburn both great horror films brightburn is my favourite movie this year so far also men in black looks good
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: 2019-06-05 18:12:13 »

NEXT BOX OFFICE BOMB: Disney-Fox Braces For Box Office Disaster with $200 Mil-Plus X Men Movie “Dark Phoenix,” As Negative Reviews Pour In

Article

Disney/Fox is about to release what may be Marvel’s final X Men movie, “Dark Phoenix” to terrible reviews. They are bracing for major disappointment. The budget is said to be well over $200 million after massive re-shoots.

“Dark Phoenix” was originally slated for release last November, but was pulled, according to reports, to change its ending.

The failure of “Dark Phoenix” will be hard also on its star, Sophie Turner, known to all as Sansa Stark from “Game of Thrones.” She has only known wild success.

One reviewer in Seattle wrote: “Phoenix” is a joyless addition to the long-running “X-Men” franchise – 12 movies over 18 years – and one is left with the impression that the series has been too long at the fair.”

The worst part of the reviews is that bloggers, who usually love every comic book movie, are contributing the most negative essays.

It’s likely, according to sources and reports, that Disney will re-boot “X Men” now that they have 12 movies in the can. The X’s are supposed to join the Marvel Universe, meaning joining up with the remaining Avengers and Spider Man in future movies, all re-cast.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #68 on: 2019-06-05 20:37:55 »

I heard that too.................................I'm still probably going to see it because I do love Marvel. And I wanna see if this interpretation is any better than X3 was.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #69 on: 2019-06-06 15:35:41 »

It is always interesting when a film does bomb to see what they did wrong and learn from their failures.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-06 15:36:19 by Kiwi » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #70 on: 2019-06-12 20:30:34 »

Summer 2019 is becoming a flop fest for Hollywood.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #71 on: 2019-06-16 18:46:20 »

Secret Life of Pets 2 is struggling in the box office.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: 2019-06-16 21:12:42 »

LAIKA'S "MISSING LINK" BOMBS

Portland's Laika Studios has had their biggest box office bomb yet and it's worrisome for their studio as a whole.

Ever since their first film "Coraline," they've had a steady decline at the box office with each of their stop motion films.

Their latest film moved away from the darker themes they usually do in an attempt to draw crowds in.  After the poor box office release of their film, "Kubo and the Two Strings," their latest film, "Missing Link" was a complete box office bomb.  With a budget of $100 million, the film only drew in $24.3 million for a major loss.  The film received fairly positive reviews from critics, but I guess that wasn't enough for the film to succeed. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #73 on: 2019-06-17 14:30:06 »

Banan Splits Return As a Horror Movie...

Article.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #74 on: 2019-07-31 17:31:36 »

The Lion King 2019 remake has now made over $1 billion dollars....

So Disney can continue their lack of trying and just make more remakes... because people keep going to see remakes. :(
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Movies of 2019! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024