PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Least Favorite Cartoons? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Least Favorite Cartoons?  (Read 3298 times)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2018-04-17 18:18:05 »

LEAST FAVORITE CARTOONS

All through history, there have been bad cartoons that people like.  There have been good shows people just choose to dislike!  So what are your least favorite cartoons? It doesn't matter if it is a well regarded show, if you don't like it, POST it!  Lets discuss and have fun with this!
« Last Edit: 2018-04-17 18:18:25 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2018-04-17 18:46:46 »

My list of least fav cartoons will be from the 90s to current as that is what I am most in the with.  I didn't watch WB or FOX much as a kid, so I don't really know the cartoons they had, though I am sure a lot would not be my optimal choices.  There are many shows I didn't watch or didn't watch enough of and didn't like I didn't include on this list.  I tried to choose shows I watched enough of to know about.

Shows I didn't like...

Bobby's World - I hated the intro theme song and I couldn't stand Bobby's voice!  To me it just wasn't a show I connected with or enjoyed.

Muppet Babies - One of those shows that babifies it's characters.... it's happened to a lot of shows.  I didn't like muppets much to begin with, but this just took it to a whole new level of dislike.

Beetlejuice - As a kid, I just didn't like this show at all.  I didn't like the color palette and I found Beetlejuice himself to be unnerving, annoying, and gross.  He creeped the heck out of me as a kid!

Dennis The Menace - Just wasn't an interesting cartoon to me.  I read the Sunday comics, but the show was so forgettable.

Garfield and Friends - So.... I liked the show.  I liked the GARFIELD part.  I HATED the Barnyard friends part and never understood why it was in the show to begin with?!  Why?  Just make it Garfield!  I don't care about a chicken or pig and all those other characters, like that egg with legs!

Pound Puppies - I thought it was dumb as a kid.  Even then I remember the acting to be horrible and the animation was so cheap.  Though I liked the jacket of the main character.  Heh.  I remember that.

The Real Ghostbusters - This show creeped me out because of the character designs and Slimer!  I could not stand Slimer!  He was so gross to me and a big deterrent to when this show turned on, I turned it off.

Pinky and the Brain - So my child self didn't like this show.  I thought Brain and Pinky were very uninteresting even though they had some strange adventures.  To this day I know all their famous quotes, but the show back in the day was not on my favs list.  Still isn't.

Family Guy - I could say the early seasons were good, but when things took a twist into simply sex, gore, and political rants, I lost all joy for the show.  It became toxic and not something I particularly enjoyed.  I still laugh at the horrible jokes, but will not watch it.  I'd rather stay away from something like this then promote it.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - I could add nearly any action cartoon on my list.  I didn't like them... is this even a cartoon?  Not really.... but I didn't like it.  I was too "mature" for my age to like this.  Lol.  I remember that was the saying back in my school-days.  Kids at our school would base our maturity on the shows we watched and didn't watch, lol!

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters - I found this show to be very off-putting in it's character design and voices.  It is an interesting concept for a show, but just not something that drew me in.  I didn't find myself liking any of the characters so there was no interest in me continuing to watch it.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Again, action cartoon... just not my cup of tea.  I remember once ranting as a kid how much I deplored this show when it started and my Mom said to just turn off the tv and read a book.  I did that!  To prove my point how much I disliked the show, I pulled out a book and read in front of the tv instead!  I think it was even a boring book too, like a dictionary. ;D  Lol!

Rocket Power - I had a love-hate relationship with this show.  I watched it every morning before school... but I never actually liked it much.  I didn't like the main character, but I remember liking Raymundo and Tito.  I remember they met Tony Hawk once too.  I found the kids to all be kind of jerks, except poor Sam.  They treated him poorly.  Reggie X Sam tho. ;)

Gargoyles - Didn't care for many Disney cartoons in the 90s, and I never liked this show.  Character weren't that good to draw me in, nor the whole plot.

As Told by Ginger - Not only was this show ugly... but I just didn't understand it's purpose?!  I must have been the wrong demographic.  I never felt invested in the characters or their newest drama.

Hercules - I didn't like this show.  I remember not liking it's design or finding the characters relatable. 

Cow and Chicken - I really didn't like this show.  I thought it was gross and the characters disgusting in how they looked and talked.

Scaredy Squirrel - His voice was so grating and annoying!  I just didn't like this show at all. Animation was horrible.

Almost Naked Animals - Need I say more other then you seeing the name?  I remember watching this atrocity. Horrible animation and horrible characters.  Ugly show.

Fanboy and Chum Chum - ... I didn't like this show.  I don't think many people liked it.

The Cramp Twins - I didn't get it.  They didn't even look like twins.  One was peach and the other blue! Why was he blue?  Why the horrible animation, voices, and bad show name?

The Proud Family - I am torn on this show.  I remember faulting it for it's bad animation at times and lazy writing, but at other times it was decent.  I liked the character designs on most characters, but others I was questionable about.  It was a show of highs and lows and some bad choices thrown in.

El Tigre - I thought this show had a creative design... but it was horrible in the type of animation they used.  Often far too busy to even know what was happening.  It's a shame, because it could have been good I think.  But it was not a show I enjoyed overall.

That is my list for now.  I am sure more will come to me.

aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2018-04-17 19:00:21 »

Garfield and Friends - So.... I liked the show.  I liked the GARFIELD part.  I HATED the Barnyard friends part and never understood why it was in the show to begin with?!  Why?  Just make it Garfield!  I don't care about a chicken or pig and all those other characters, like that egg with legs!
That part (actually titled "U.S. Acres", later retitled "Orson's Farm") was probably in the show because it was based on another comic strip from the author of Garfield, which lasted only three years (1986-89).

Darn, you gave a long list. :o I'm gonna try and see if I remember any cartoons I particularly despised...
« Last Edit: 2018-04-17 19:01:57 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2018-04-17 20:03:19 »

Jon Davis really tried to promote his other farm cartoon.  He used it as an outlet to be more freethinking and fun then Garfield's dull dry humor.

Impressive list.  I can see how many of those shows wouldn't interest your inner child.  Believe it or not, young me didn't find BATMAN: The Animated Series entertaining enough.  I turned it off.  But now I adore the series!
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2018-04-17 20:37:11 »

So there are way worse cartoons, but these are some of my least favorite I have watched and consider bad! (This isn't based off of whats trending and the most popular shows to dislike on Watchmojo lists or something silly). This is in no particular order.

Mega-Babies. Do yourself a favor and don't look up this Canadian cartoon that ran on our airwaves for a very short time.  It's horrible.

Breadwinners. Oh gosh.  A show that runs on nothing but bathroom and bodily function jokes.  There is no plot.  There is nothing to this show.  I truly don't get it, don't like it, and it's on my list of worst shows. Why bread salespersons anyways?

Sanjay and Craig. Nickelodeon was struggling to come up with a new perennial child of a show, and this was certainly not it.  This show was nothing butt potty jokes.  It used heavy gross-out humor with very unappealing characters to place this show on my least favorites list.

Johnny Test. Did you know the first season of Johnny Test was completely different then what we saw on Cartoon Network?  It was originally made in the US with WB... but then the second season onward it fell into Canadian hand's and it was then immediately FLASH animated.  The show wasn't great ever, but the first season did carve a niche for itself as an alternative to other shows at the time (even though it wasn't well known until it went onto CN at the second season).  The show gets it's hate from the animation and constant reusing of gags, sounds, and characters all thanks to the cheapness of the Canadian animators.  The staff all changed too... except the main creator and voice actors.  While it was never a good show, it doesn't nessecarily deserve to be the worst overall... but it might be one of the worst animated major network shows.

Secret Mountain Fort Awesome. This show was during CN's random period where anything could go.  This show has by far the most jarring and unattractive character designs I can think of to date.  Truly a horrible show as nothing stands out to me to remember about it.  It was short-lived and for a reason.

Pickle and Peanut. Disney trying to be hip and cool with a random cartoon like this.  The show is jarring to look at and the creators just... ehhh... it's not entertaining.  It's an example of a show trying way too hard to be edgy and funny.

Angela Anaconda. Her voice is annoying.... actually... all the characters are quite annoying.  I never liked this show.  Maybe that isn't a good enough reason, but it was reason enough for me to turn the channel.

Fanboy and Chum Chum. Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyaaaah nyaah! Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyaaaah nyaah! Nyah nyaaaah! Nyah Nyaaaah!  Fanboy Chum Chum!!!

Planet Sheen. Some characters are good as secondary characters.  Some characters, like Sheen, should just be secondary character.  Not made the lead character of a show that was done very lazily (even though they did improve visuals).

Jimmy Two Shoes. This is rather baseless, but I just didn't like the show.  I didn't like Jimmy or any of the characters... except that girl, she was kinda cute... but I didn't like her.

Rabbids Invasion. Annoying.

The Problem Solverz. Was this named by a second grader?  Just like Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, this show had horribly painful character designs and someone who decided any color or pattern should go together on one screen at the same time.  Painful show to watch. 

Allen Gregory. This show will be quickly forgotten just like my quick review of it.  Characters no one could relate too in an unfeasible scenario with unlike-able characters.  If you don't like any if the main cast, how could you like this show?  You can't.

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters/ I found it to be a very ugly and dark show.  I didn't like the characters or their voices.  It has some decent adventures and a cool idea, but I just didn't find it enjoyable.

The Butt-Ugly Martians. Listen to that theme song! Enjoy that crazy animation.... no seriously, this was just a dumb show.

Total Drama Series. After Total Drama Island came many Total Drama seasons.  I liked the first season because it was unique at the time, but after that things just went down to nothing but cheap pandering with a low budget.  It just wasn't interesting.

Almost Naked Animals. Ugly, hairy, disgusting, revolting, gross, abrasive, gouge my eyes, vomit inducing.  That is the polite way of describing this show's characters to you.  Done in horribly cheap FLASH animation, nothing about this show is memorable and the characters are as flat and as bland as you can imagine.  This is nothing to remember about this show except the horribly jarring almost naked characters designs.

As Told by Ginger. If you though Eliza Thornberry was ugly, look at the design of these characters!  Yeeesh.  The stories were not interesting to me, but to the merit of the show, it did have a good amount of character depth.

The X's. Remember this show?  You might.  I didn't like the visual style of the show and the voices never matched the characters to me.  It also just didn't live up to the premise unfortunately.

Steven Universe. Visually the show is quite nice and the music too, but the overly preachy characters and message is quite overbearing.  I don't want to watch a political statement when I watch a cartoon.  I'm there to enjoy and relax.  I give them praise for the storytelling, but progressively the show is thinking they are untouchable with their content and what they say is gold.  Not a fan.  Definitely not the worst show, but it is not something I enjoy.

The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange. Do I really need to explain this one?  Okay... so this is an example of a character you can handle in short 50 second bouts.  But stretching out this character to full 12 minute segments into a 30 minute show?  It just doesn't work.  Creative, sure.... but the creators were not prepared to make a full length tv show.

Chalk Zone. People liked this show.  I didn't.  I loved the idea, but I found Rudy's voice to be annoying as were many characters.  It was weird, the show tried to do some adult themes, but then would do things that were horribly immature.  I wasn't sure the audience they wanted watching.... it became super immature and just not that fun.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2018-04-22 11:06:15 »

Fanboy and Chum Chum immediately comes to mind as does Breadwinners and Uncle Grandpa.
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2018-04-24 16:03:25 »

This was nice info to read. Now I know shows I need to avoid XD seriously though, I am glad you guys took time explaining why the shows were bad.

Something I did not care for at all growing up but I changed my mind later was dragon ball z. When I was a kid I was put off by the long screaming power up scenes XD nowadays I do like this show but back then...nope XD

Planet sheen I totally agree with master.

Blues clues was something I watched a lot but it was something I thought was boring. Something strange I did not care for at all growing up but I appreciate nowadays is spongebob. I hated every character except planton as a kid, now I relate so much to Squidward XD both spongebob and Patrick still annoy me a lot but they have funny moments.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2018-04-25 14:43:23 »

Spongebob went downhill so much after season 4 that is was a show I didn't even recognize.  I HATED to see what happened to it but tolerated it.... never watched it if I could help it.  Spongebob was so good in my mind early on, but spiraled into cliche nothingness.  He cries every freaking episode....
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2021-08-06 21:11:03 »

Everyone knows Canada loves fart jokes and in a new episode of one of their horrible shows, Total Drama Rama, there is an episode with some creepy dude who sniffs CHILDRENS farts.... and it was passed and approved for television.  That dude Saberspark breaks it all down for you...

Why is this show even on? 

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2021-08-07 21:58:42 »

The first season to Total Drama Island was pretty okay, but it went downhill very fast. 
TheBeesSneeze

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2021-09-04 15:53:04 »

There is a new show on HBO Max that is HORRIBLE.

It's called "The Prince." It is so terrible and they make fun of the Royal family, which seems rude and bad.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Least Favorite Cartoons? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024