PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Help 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help  (Read 4901 times)
Claof

Email
« on: 2016-03-26 23:06:56 »

I just got a girlfriend this Friday, but I don't know what to do, because I've heard you have to show more emotion towards that person, but I have extreme trouble showing any emotion. I've also heard you have to remember a lot about that person, but I can't remember important stuff most of the time. What can I do to improve showing my emotions, and memories?
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-03-26 23:32:33 »

Be yourself.  Whatever it is about you she liked, thats why she's with you.  If you start trying to change into what you think she wants, it'll rarely be right.
She might like emotionally distant guys who have to use their googlecalendar to remember birthdays.
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-03-26 23:48:13 »

I'd help you if I could, but I've never had a gf, so no experience. But hey man, congrats!

SNEE
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-03-26 23:48:33 »

Dude uh, if you're not ready no pressure. It should feel natural. If you knew this person before you shouldn't behave any different. It shouldn't feel like an obligation. You should remember things about her naturally. Don't be like trying to use memory flash cards or something. Yeah you should maybe be more loving to her than you are to normal people, or maybe not. My friend is very rough with her boyfriend, they playfully insult each other all the time, they game together and they just are nerds. My relationship with my BF is more loving, more cuddly and touchy. You have to find the right way for your relationship. Not every one is the same.

Don't do what you think you're "supposed" to do. Do what feels right. And if she has a problem with it she should bring it up. And you guys can talk it out. Like with my BF, I felt he kept being too sexually forward so we talked about it several times and he's toned it back. It's about understanding each other. Knowing what the other is okay with.

I mean, girls usually bitch about dates and stuff, but like, I can't remember jack squat about dates. My boyfriend is the one who remembers all that girly shit. It's sad, but I have trouble remembering his birthday. But he doesn't get offended. It's just, basically depends on the relationship. Be natural, be yourself. That's the reason she's your girlfriend now right? Because she was attracted to who you are. There are some expectations, but if she knows you're a guy who doesn't show emotion much it shouldn't bother her. Maybe she finds your stoic nature hot? And when you're able to show a bit more emotion and affection it makes her day and feel so special and important that you are showing her that affection.

Also, you should label the topic a bit better. Just a tip ;) like maybe "New girlfriend. Help!" Or something.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-26 23:50:54 by Leapingriver » Logged

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-03-27 00:08:16 »

My gf found me through a friend of mine who didn't tell me he sent her my pastebin and told her to read it.  Imagine how red my face was when she said "So....you write about what now?"
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-03-27 00:28:01 »

She found you through there?? Oh my god. I would be sooooo embarrassed. Not even my BF knows about the stuff I write. But she must have liked what there was, or at least not really cared, right? I mean, for her to be your gf now, right?

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-03-27 00:36:19 »

I'm 24 and I e never had a gf. But the best I can give you is to just be yourself and be honest with her.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-03-27 00:39:42 »

She found you through there?? Oh my god. I would be sooooo embarrassed. Not even my BF knows about the stuff I write. But she must have liked what there was, or at least not really cared, right? I mean, for her to be your gf now, right?

She liked it more than I ever could have guessed.  I'm going to leave it at that.  But yeah, I wanted to murder the guy who linked it to her but he was like "better now than like 2 years in" he was right but I still wanted to hit him with something blunt and heavy.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-03-27 04:00:03 »

It really is true. Be yourself. Sometimes people feel that and you are hopelessly wondering why you are single. But relationships aremade of compromise. Give and take. You are very young and will probably be through a few relationships before you find the one. :) Just dont do something you will regret and be smart. Show he kindness and respect. Dont jump into things you are not comfortable with. That can be hard especially if one wants to do something and you dont.

Did she ask you to be her nd? How did this happen? Did you ask?
Claof

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-03-27 04:14:11 »

@Smiles2us, my friend had found out I had a crush on her, so he decided he was going to help me. It turns out she was thinking about asking me out too.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-03-27 06:15:32 »

Aw that's sweet.
She must like you for a reason.
Personally I like asking my BF why he likes me, it makes me smiles and blush. But eh, maybe you should wait for that heh heh. Sometimes new couples are like "uhhhhh....". Haha

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-03-27 07:15:03 »

Thats a cute story. Obviously you both like each other for various reasons. Even better to be yourself, but be presentable and look nice. :)

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Help « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024