PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: PSF 1.0 Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: PSF 1.0 Discussion  (Read 20863 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« on: 2016-01-27 15:00:31 »

So we all have various memories.... but lets share them.  What did you do and think when PSF 1.0 was shut down?  Lets hear what you did.  What did you also do while waiting and how did you get to PSF 2.0? :) 

So good to be here everyone, and great to see you all.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-27 15:41:53 »

So yeah, it was like the day or so before Christmas right?  I don't remember exactly.  I just remember clicking my favorites bar to click on, "PSF."  I went there and ended up on a white page.  I kind of brushed it off and retried, then retried again.  Each click got a bit more frantic, but then I tried to ease myself into thinking the site would be fine when i come back in a few hours.

Things didn't get better.  So then I did the first thing I could think of and went to MasterXtreme's profile on Deviant Art which he thankfully had updated with something, but my heart sank when I read it.  "PSF Shut down."  I was still hopeful as he updated, though I didn't have a membership nor logged on.  I then went to see if the MLPS Was still up and it was.  So I figured if something MAJOR would happen, iI could at least find out there, and hope that new sneeze art would be uploaded there.  Well Decemeber finished with no sneeze art or stories and it seemed kinda like forever.  I wondered how everyone was doing, and I kept checking the frequent updates by MasterXtreme. 

I kept hoping for an early January release of PSF because I was worried that as time mounted, people would eventually dwindle in waiting.  I wasn't sure how many people were waiting since not many responded on his Deviant Art, but I just hoped there were more lurkers like me.  I grew happier when I saw a new forum pop up and I saw many familiar names there.  I was also happy to read the support for PSF from other community websites and even prominent pony artists.  That was pretty cool.

In what seemed like fifteen years, I finally came here thanks to a link from MasterXtreme's deviant art blog.  I was so happy when I clicked that, that I actually held off a day before creating the account.  I just was looking around and had the biggest grin on my face in probably months. :) 

I am so happy to be here and am really upset about what happened to PSF 1.0.  I only know what I read from MasterX's blog, but can tell Proboards was shady about it.  Oh well, that is behind us and we got a clean new slate with tons of potential to grow as a community!  Here's to us! 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-27 16:24:22 »

Oh my god... GRAPEFOOT!! AHHH!

yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-27 19:30:24 »

When I noticed it had been shut down, I thought:

Wow, what a bunch of puritanical asshats.

To hell with censorship.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-27 19:37:55 »

So I saw PSF 1.0 was shut down and immediately thought, "OH MY GOSH!  HOW can we keep everyone together?"  Thats where my update on my MasterXtreme Deviant Art page came to mind.  I knew a lot of people knew me and have been to my account for various reasons, plus I had friends with many dA members who were on PSF.  I figured news would spread, and spread it did. :)  I got regular updates via email and shared what I could with others. 

My feelings?  Well I wasn't sure how to react at first.  I was pretty optimistic it was just going to be a temporary deal.  I thought the site would be back up after some talking and what not.  When I got more word it wasn't coming back, then I got pretty upset, but tried not to show it.  I wanted to just share the news.'

I can not tell you happy I was when I heard that the PSF crew was working on a new forum.  I was worried by how long it was taking, but when we started getting teasers and more detailed info, I was able to relax.  Then I got the link and here we are. :)  The rest was history. 
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-27 20:00:59 »

I was pretty damn upset when it was first shut off. I'd only been there a little less than a day (I'd say about 11 hours lmao) and had hoped that it was just maintenance. My friend had like...e-mailed someone I think on another sneeze forum, and it linked me to the SneezeFurrs forum where the put a link to MasterX's dA link.

SNEE
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-01-27 20:13:40 »

What did I think?

"Let's go and see how they're doing... *click* oh god no no no NO NO NO---"

Then I started clicking around the web, trying to find anything that could help me find you guys. And I did.

There you go. :(
« Last Edit: 2016-01-27 20:16:04 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-01-27 20:22:41 »

What did I think?

"Let's go and see how they're doing... *click* oh god no no no NO NO NO---"

Then I started clicking around the web, trying to find anything that could help me find you guys. And I did.

There you go. :(

I know how horrible that felt.  So what source did you end up finding?  (This is all good so we can be prepared in the future if rabid monkeys take over our studio). 
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-01-27 20:24:34 »

I think I found every existing source, that's how desperate I was. ;)
« Last Edit: 2016-01-27 20:26:12 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-01-27 20:25:54 »

I think I've found ALL of them. ;)

That totally works for me.

I was hearing rumors that someone had even posted stuff on mlpchan, but I never saw that, nor looked.
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-01-27 20:26:50 »

I heard that too! Never saw either tho.

SNEE
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-01-27 20:28:00 »

There was a topic on MLPChan.net in the /anon section. 
BoldBlue

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-01-27 20:29:53 »

Well, I was a lurker on the old site for a while to be honest.  After they took away most of the chat and link privileges for the guests, I decided I was going to sign up.  I was about to log on to create my account when I clicked the site link....yup... wonder what happened next?!  Probably not, cause it's the most cliche thing to happen in a story like this.  Whaaat luck, right?  I totally thought i'd missed my opportunity until found the link on the wiki.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-01-27 20:38:30 »

So when I saw the site down, I was pretty upset.  I actually got angry when I kept reading the updates from MasterXtreme because of how poorly Proboards seemed to treat us all.  No reason, and they shut everything down, completely jarred to a halt a community.  But we didn't stand idle or let that tear us a part.  Look, we are back and ready to be better then before.  IT'S PERSONAL. ;)  Lol!

So while the site was down, I was pretty torn up on what to do.  I didn't draw, I didn't do anything pony/fetish related.  I just kind of was numb to this.  I kept reading the updates, and just hope and prayed the site would come back.  I offered to throw money at the PSF bills, but they denied, so I waited.  I am still willing to throw money at you and help cut down that $400 dollar bill. 
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-01-27 20:40:04 »

PSF 1.0...that's an interesting phrase for it XD

I specifically remember exactly when it happened. It wasn't just the day, I was logged on the split minute it happened. There were the normal guests and a few other members that were logged on the same time I was. I don't remember the specific usernames though X_X but I know that there were a few others. I was searching through older stories and pictures, trying to figure out what small surprises I could think of with secret santa gifts =).  I went on a story link because my person for Secret Santa made a lot of comments on that story...when I tried to get out of that story, that's when the white screen of death appeared with that stupid message saying the site "is" taken down. I was shocked but not overly worried because I thought I saw a similar screen a few months earlier but the next day the site was back up. We all know that this was not the case =(

I'm happy that this site is up, and it's awesome that people are finding this place again :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: PSF 1.0 Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024