PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: The Incredibles II 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Incredibles II  (Read 11997 times)
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: 2018-06-17 01:24:15 »

Okay so....I've seen it twice already and I still can't get enough.

Short story. Back when incredibles 1 came out on DVD I would watch it multiple times in one day because it resonated with me. Especially with Violet. I connected with her so much back then because I was 12. She was around my age and she was like me. Shut off, shy, and not very talkative. I felt so much like her.

And now with this new one, which I have waited 14 long years for, its no different. I swear to you people, giving this movie your money is a decision you will NOT regret. It's a definite 10/10. The entire theater's reaction will more than back me up on that.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2018-06-17 11:10:54 »

Glad it's good and it resonated with you. 

Still I ain't supporting hollywood. ;)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: 2018-06-17 14:48:19 »

It is destroying expectations.   $231.50 million USD so far as of Saturday numbers.

http://fox40.com/2018/06/17/incredibles-2-crushes-animation-box-office-record/
« Last Edit: 2018-06-17 14:48:35 by Silverwing » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: 2018-06-17 18:18:26 »

Good for Pixar. :)
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: 2018-06-17 18:43:40 »

I think you guys should see it. There is one scene involving Violets nose I think you all will laugh at

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: 2018-06-17 21:33:35 »

I think you guys should see it. There is one scene involving Violets nose I think you all will laugh at

Please, go on. ;D Does her nose get tickled or poked? :D
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: 2018-06-18 01:27:23 »

NO SPOILERS, but whoever see's it, give it a score and some general what you liked and disliked.  I am really curious!

I'll say my thoughts. No spoilers of course =)

@Blurr001 Thanks for sharing your short story and thoughts on Violet! I loved Violet in the first movie and I loved her in this movie too. Her design and personality are relateable to me, although not as much as how you felt.

Out of a score of 100, I'd give it a solid 92/100, and honestly a 10/10 if I were to give a score out of 10. I have a few minor nitpicks with the movie but I had a blast watching this movie as a whole :D

Here are my thoughts on it.

-First, the scene Blurr is mentioning I can't say exactly what happens. It'd spoil the fun ;) All I can say is anyone will IMMEDIATELY know the scene with Violet when it happens. It isn't a sneeze either but I was shocked at seeing what happened with Violet during that scene. The animators of this movie did a fantastic job overall, but I was still shocked at how well this specific scene was animated, especially in a movie made by Pixar. I don't think I've ever seen a scene like Violet's scene before from Pixar.

-Side little note. I'd love Violet to sneeze if I'm being honest XD She is awesome in this movie, even when she's upset. There's a good reason why she's angry for a good portion of the movie.

-I'll get my biggest minor nitpick out of the way. Jack Jack, the baby, was enjoyable in the movie. One of my personal favorite scenes is with Jack Jack and a trash can scene. He was funny and the trailers already showed he has powers. The problem I had is with what the movie did with Jack Jack and how they used him. Like I said earlier, it is not a big problem at all, it just bugged me a little.

-Elasta Girl. HO BOY. She is a beautiful mom character, and honestly one of my personal favorite designs for a superhero lady of all time. She got a LOT of use in this movie. I was surprised at how big of a role she had in unexpected ways.

-The villain. The villain of this movie was...a lot of people say this villain was the weakest point of the movie. My opinion? Screenslaver, the villain, was far more directly involved than I expected. The first villain in the original movie, Syndrome, was an amazing character and extremely likeable. He was not as hands on though, relying more on his gadgets than his own physical power. This villain? Screenslaver was physical. Way more than I thought originally. Both near the middle and at the end of the movie, screenslaver used both tools and got physically hands on involved. The motivation of Screenslaver is definitely relatable too. I also LOVED his voice he used during the entire first half of the movie. He sounded great to me.

-The new supporting cast. Only 3-4 of them impressed me. The rest I didn't really care for.

-Frozone's theme song during the end credits is amazing to listen to :D I like it more than Elasta Girl's theme and Mr. Incredible's theme.

-There is a specific setting in this movie that is very different from the rest of the movie. It shows Pixar knows how to handle a more darker, spookier mood than just a minute. The closest thing I can think of to compare this scene to is how I felt when I first watched Finding Nemo with the angler fish scene.

-Edna Mode stole every single scene she was in, overshadowing everyone around her including Jack Jack...just like in the first movie XD

-Mr. Incredible. I need to talk about him. I RELATE SO, SO MUCH to his main issues in this movie. This isn't a spoiler because this happened in the first movie too. It's part of his character. He wants things to benefit himself. He wants to succeed. In order for him to succeed, other people need to do things. If they succeed, he succeeds. If they do nothing...he gets nothing. I felt a TON of feels with Mr. Incredible in this movie.

-Frozone is best uncle.

-One of the supporting cast that did impress me was the businessman in the trailers. He plays a huge role in the movie in more ways than one. Also, he has way more money than any one man ever should XD

-The math scene from the trailers is definitely understandable with today's education, but the movie has a very touching scene with what follows after that funny scene. What Mr. Incredible did after he got frustrated made me respect him as both a dad and as a character overall.

-The animation. It improved from the first movie. The first movie was really enjoyable to see, but some of the movements did not move as fluidly as this new movie. The movement animation specifically was what improved the most in my opinion.

-Blurr mentioned the Violet scene, but there is a very quick scene with Elasta Girl and her nose that I was almost begging to have her sneeze from. Matter of fact, I may even try to sketch what I WANTED to have happen with that very quick scene XD It happens near the beginning of the movie when someone is getting her ready for TV for the first time with some kind of puffed powder. She says she hasn't done this in a very long time and the expression on her face, at least in my sneezy mind, shows she definitely is not use to what is happening to her nose.

-Speaking of sneezy stuff, Jack Jack himself has multiple sneezes in this movie and the sneezes themselves actually matter. You'll see what I mean when you watch the film.

-Dash. Dash is the other nitpick I have with this movie. I feel the movie didn't really know how to include him as much as the first. Out of all the main family, including the best friend Frozone, Dash was the least important and had the least amount of screentime in scenes that mattered in regards to his powers.

-The stakes of this movie were better than the first. Much more realistic to me personally. No giant robots threatening, no rockets. Both of those things are awesome but not very relateable. This movie was more grounded with realistic modern worries and issues.

-The rich businessman has a sister and she is an awesome side supporting character. She's witty, gets along with Elasta Girl, and helps out with missions in ways that her brother couldn't. I personally feel she is smarter than her brother too. XD

-One other supporting character that impressed me was someone called Void. I can't say much about this character, but they do matter and I loved the way the movie used Void. Void's personality was also adorable to me.

-Much like the first film, the music and sound design of this movie are top notch and unique compared to other animated films.

-I love how this movie has similar scenes that pay respect to the first movie.

-Last thought. THE BEGINNING SHORT. SWEET MERCY ALIVE! It...I don't know how to feel about it to be honest XD It's not what I expected at all and I wish it was not before the movie. In a strange way I enjoyed it...and felt very odd and confused about it.

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #37 on: 2018-06-18 17:53:16 »

Oooh, thank you for that detailed review, MS.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: 2018-06-20 16:49:52 »

Saw it a third time last night

~~~~~~~~
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: 2018-06-20 21:17:25 »

That is awesome feedback guys.  I perused lightly, still afraid of spoilers. ;D
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: 2018-06-22 21:09:14 »

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: 2018-06-26 22:41:33 »

Fourth time seen

~~~~~~~~
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: 2018-06-26 22:49:06 »

I think Blurr doesn't like the movie. ;D

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2018-06-26 23:02:46 »

Fourth time seen

If the 3rd time's the charm, the 4th time is icing on a cake =)

Seriously though, it is awesome you enjoy the movie so much ^^ Be careful not to spend too much money on popcorn or stuff though. Movie theaters can get pricy with their food and drinks X_X
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: 2018-06-27 15:25:41 »

I think I wish I had Blurr's disposable income.
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: The Incredibles II « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024