PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Worst Cartoon Theme Songs! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Worst Cartoon Theme Songs!  (Read 16786 times)
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #60 on: 2023-01-16 16:32:40 »

OH MY GOSH!  Why do I subject myself to these horrible theme songs?  lol!

FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #61 on: 2023-01-22 17:38:54 »

Oh my word, this topic is awful!  Such horrible songs making my ears bleed!  Ha!  I can't believe I hadn't seen this before.

A lot of show's seem to make their theme songs an afterthought now days.  A lot don't even have them anymore to make space for more advertisements.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: 2023-02-06 15:26:54 »

Suck-donkey show, suck-donkey theme song.
Or, as I have dubbed it, "Will Be Doo-Doo".    ;D

This was a real show?
Cripes, looks like something I would draw as a joke. Unimpressive opening credits--it looks like a ghetto-ass Jetsons/space-age Speed Buggy mishmash--lousy voice-work, and horrible character models.  What is wrong with that woman's mouth in the thumbnail? Did she put on her lipstick in the rickety rocket? And why do you have to show that ugly girl three times in the closing credits? It's like if one of Fat Albert's gang had a bastard kid with Aunt Esther from Sanford and Son.

Coming from arguably the best decade of music, there was no need for a song as bad as a show equally as bad, "The Garbage Pail Kids."
Ah, The Garbage Pail Kids-- arguably, the best little show that never was.  But, thanks to YouTube, I discovered a cache of the series' whole run during the ObamaCable drought. They pulled that thing off the air before it even aired. That is unprecedented. I believe that has only happened twice before in TV histoire: a rejected Scott Baio vehicle called Rewind, and a cop show with that was nixed after the controversial comedian got MeToo'ed into oblivion.

The link broke, but never fear--I posted a full episode I had tucked away for my weekly dA blog.
There,  I talk about how network brass said the GPK series was just gross and weird for broadcast--of course, now it's almost quaint--and about how I wrote a Family Guy-eque joke about how a VH-1 film crew discovered Putty Patty and Terri Cloth, now all grown up, putting their unique talents to work as prostitutes.    :o  :-]   ::)

...I am going to hell, aren't I?

« Last Edit: 2023-02-06 15:27:48 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #63 on: 2023-02-06 15:46:48 »

Never heard of Will and Dewitt, but just by looking at the animation style, I could tell right away it was Canadian.  lol.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: 2023-02-09 16:27:34 »

Yeah, it fairly begs to be parodied--like, a weird, dark Family Guy-style cutaway in which Will is now in his thirties, sitting in a cheap, dingy rented room downtown. He slowly strokes the barrel of a sniper rifle in his hand. His imaginary boyhood friend DeWitt is there, and keeps telling him what a loser he is and all the ways he [bleep]ed up his life. Will knows the talking frog is right, and as he stubs out a Marlboro, by God, he vows to do something about it. He loads his weapon, picks up an old framed photo of his baby sister and looks it over. The  gawd-dang frog says something mocking and obscene; he ignores it. He then wipes away a tear and levels the gun out the hotel room window. Of course, the show is pretty obscure, so I fear not many would get or truly appreciate the joke.   :'(

OH MY GOSH!  Why do I subject myself to these horrible theme songs?  lol!
Because you've got a streak of masochist in you, it seems, just like me.   ;)

A good TV show with a lousy theme song can be forgiven, but when it's drek all around,  you just have to grit your teeth. Case in point.
I reviewed this one for my blog a while back. I love Hammer, but, damn, this show was as bad and pointless as I remember.

Then there's shows which had a cool theme song, like, starting out, but then in a later season it decided to scrap it and get a new one which really sucked donkey. Compare the cool, peppy season one open of Student Bodies--
--with the bland, generic one of the later seasons:
What the [bleep] are you trying to be, Canadian Friends?  This version embodied the shift from a workplace comedy to a focus on insipid teen angst in its last season, which was a ratings killer.

Perhaps next I'll take a look at how Garfield and Friends really pooped the litterbox by changing its theme song, which unfortunately they slapped on all the syndie episodes... and then how another theme revamp, plus shortening the season's episode order to cut costs, got the show put to sleep.    :')
« Last Edit: 2023-02-09 23:46:46 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: 2023-02-09 16:34:48 »

How could MC Hammer make such a horrible song?  Lol! They have a musician to make a theme song and it's horrible.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: 2023-02-11 13:25:30 »

Yeah, I mean, this was the same guy who gave us "2 Legit To Quit" and "The Addams Family Rap", don't forget-- so he can do a pretty mean film score track.

How about theme songs that start cool but then fast veer off screaming into Suckdonkeyburg? Check out these hip, kicky next-gen blunders:

"Sons of the Panther" sounds like some militant extremist group going about protesting in public parks and firebombing its targets.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #67 on: 2023-02-11 13:41:03 »

I definitely wouldn't put the "Sons of the Panther" song among the worst.  I kind of like it.  But I tally thought that many of those "sons" were daughters.

I also don't think "Quack Pack" is among the worst.  It might not be great, but not deserving of near the bottom.

Both of those are not among the worst at all.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #68 on: 2023-04-20 18:15:12 »

I didn't see Quack Pack as bad at all, until they did the dumb "quacking noises."  I didn't mind the Pink Panther and Sons theme at all.

Get your ear plugs ready.  Not only is the singing horrible... well it's just horrible.  Thanks Canada.

Any idea what this was?  There are so many terrible Canadian animated shows with bad theme songs.  Scared Squirrel?  Coconut Fred?  Braceface?
« Last Edit: 2023-04-20 18:27:21 by Darrin » Logged

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #69 on: 2023-04-20 18:20:29 »

Well here, I will post some of the bad ones from Canada.  Consider this the ultimate Canada worst theme song post.

Coconut Fred.

Braceface (Also some of the worst lyrics and singing)

Jacob Two Two (Hate this show and style with a passion)

Jimmy Two-Shoes (Not the worst... but...)

Scaredy Squirrel (Burn it in fire)

Angela Anaconda (Hate it)

Almost Naked Animals (Nuke it)

« Last Edit: 2023-04-20 18:24:37 by Darrin » Logged

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Worst Cartoon Theme Songs! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024