PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "The Beginning of the End" Part 1 & 2 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "The Beginning of the End" Part 1 & 2  (Read 22880 times)
LovesSneezingApparently
SCM Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #150 on: 2019-04-07 01:41:48 »

I just watched it with my ugly G3 Sweetberry plush. It’s been pounding rain all night, and I seriously heard thunder every time the goat was onscreen. *eyes shift*
The episodes were good, and I especially like where it’s going. Although, there certainly aren’t lot of villains left over considering this is the 9th season.

Spoiler (hover to show)
I thought Discord and Sombra were both awesome. I’ve actually never liked Discord as much as when he was a villain, but he was the best part of the premier. Sombra, I didn’t mind his voice, and I hope he’s not gone for good yet. He was fun. Although I was definitely expecting him to be outsmarted in some way, not cuddle-lasered to death by the girls in base. Like, who ever needed that magic rainbow tree anyway? The premier really had it out for nature!  :-0

My one criticism is there were too many instances of everyone taking turns saying their own little variation of the same sentence. I guess they wanted to reestablish each character’s personality one last time.

And here’s my question: since Twilight didn’t take the job yet, is Starlight still promoted?  :P
Overall, it's a stronger start than I was honestly expecting. 8.5/10: Not enough Trixie

@Soda I enjoyed reading the reaction.  ;D
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #151 on: 2019-04-07 08:49:13 »

Pretty good premiere. :) Quite enjoyable and made me wonder about what's in store for the rest of the season.

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Binkyt11

Email
« Reply #152 on: 2019-04-07 09:11:07 »

For everyone asking about Sombra's voice, he isn't voice by Jim Miller this time. This time around he's voiced bye Alvin Lee Sanders— Who played Flutterguy all the way back on season 4's "Filli Vanilli".

Also as for Grogar, he's a villain (like lord tirek) from alllll that way back in Generation 1 of MLP.
Here's some screenshots for comparison:
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #153 on: 2019-04-07 12:21:46 »

Going to watch the episodes now. :D  Wish me luck!

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #154 on: 2019-04-07 12:33:34 »

It was a good start to the new season.  I can't hide that. 

Spoiler (hover to show)
I think Sombra was great!  It was neat seeing him do his thing, but he also made many mistakes and didn't capitalize on moments like a true baddie should.  I have never been a Discord fan, but he did awesome in this episode as well.  The weakest part of the episode was the Mane 6 that just sort of felt there.  Don't get me wrong, they were all good in this, but they didn't add a whole lot either.  Pacing was really quick so there was not a whole lot of time to take in what was going on.  Twilight was the strongest of them all here and for the little amount of time Starlight had, she was strong too.

I really liked the episode and am surprised I am giving it a very strong 9/10 since I am only using round numbers.  An 8 is too low.
LovesSneezingApparently
SCM Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #155 on: 2019-04-07 17:59:23 »

I saw that picture somewhere, but for whatever reason I didn't connect it to MLP. I assumed it was the goat from Courage the Cowardly Dog.

lol
Binkyt11

Email
« Reply #156 on: 2019-04-07 18:14:54 »

@LovesSneezingApparently
Wow I actually remember this guy. From this angle he does look a lot like an albino version of the OG Grogar.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #157 on: 2019-04-07 19:34:06 »

Really good episodes!  I really am excited for what this season can bring at us.  This was great, but the Mane 6 seemed a little "just there."  Twilight was really good though.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #158 on: 2019-04-07 19:34:37 »

I saw that picture somewhere, but for whatever reason I didn't connect it to MLP. I assumed it was the goat from Courage the Cowardly Dog.

lol

Wow, looks very similar!
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #159 on: 2019-04-07 22:06:02 »

Wonderful start to the new season.  Very enjoyable, but definitely with some flaws.  Pacing wasn't that good.  It all happened to fast and when something happened, you didn't have enough time to process it.  8/10.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #160 on: 2019-04-14 11:54:11 »

It was a great season opener!  A solidly great 8/10.
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "The Beginning of the End" Part 1 & 2 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024