PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Video Games 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 140712 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #390 on: 2020-08-03 18:45:46 »

Marvel’s Avengers’ Spider-Man Is a PlayStation-exclusive Character

Article

It turns out some heroes won’t show up everywhere. The Marvel’s Avengers Spider-Man character will only show up on PlayStation platforms. The PlayStation Blog confirmed the free post-launch character will be added to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 in 2021.

This is the second instance of PlayStation-related preferential treatment regarding Marvel’s Avengers. The beta is also happening earlier on the PlayStation 4. People who pre-ordered it for that console can start playing on August 7, 2020, while the general PlayStation 4 open beta will begin on August 14, 2020.

A few details about Spider-Man’s debut where shared. He will be a fully-fledged character who will have his own moveset, skill tree, and costumes. He’ll also be introduced alongside an event. As for suits, the PlayStation Blog update from Crystal Dynamics Associate Art Director Jeff Adams noted that the outfits for Spider-Man will be based on designs from comic artists like Steve Ditko and John Romita Sr.

Marvel’s Avengers Spider-Man is the second post-launch character to be revealed. At the end of July 2020, Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix confirmed that Hawkeye would be added to the game sometime after it launched. While there are no screenshots or video of Spider-Man yet, Hawkeye had a teaser and a picture of him in an alternate costume.

Marvel’s Avengers will come to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia on September 4, 2020. It will show up on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X later this holiday season.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #391 on: 2020-08-03 18:48:24 »

Sega CEO Talks About the Possibilities of a New Sega Console and Content Creation Moving Forward

Article

Sega turned 60 today, and we got a special interview over at the official website with President and CEO Haruki Satomi, who briefly talked about the possibilities of a new console, what to expect moving forward, and more. The interviewer is none other than Sega Shiro, the company’s 60th anniversary ambassador.

Straight to the point, the possibilities of a ‘new Sega console

Sega Shiro, Sega 60th Anniversary Ambassador: “We fans are ready for the surprises!! That said, can I ask something??”

Haruki Satomi, Sega President and CEO: “What is it??”

Sega Shiro: “I’ll get straight to the point, but is there a possibility for the ‘birth of a new Sega console’…?”

Haruki Satomi: “Actually, to commemorate the 60th anniversary of Sega’s establishment…”

Sega Shiro: “Gulp”

Haruki Satomi: “… Or so I wish I could surprise you guys in such a way, but unfortunately, that’s not happening.”

Sega Shiro: “Th-that can’t be… Fatheeeerrrrr!!!”

Haruki Satomi: “Back in March, when we first revealed the silhouette of Sega Shiro, we heard a lot of fans ask ‘Is it a Sega Saturn revival?’. Again, I’m nothing but grateful to have such expectations of Sega. I want to see us continue making content that shows that we’re not going to betray such expectations.”

New Sega content moving forward

Sega Shiro: “So what kind of content will Sega make moving forward?”

Haruki Satomi: “Firstly, what’s important is to not lose the likeness of Sega. Originally, it wasn’t about imitation, but a company full of people that wanted to surprise the world.”

Sega Shiro: “I totally understand that.”

Haruki Satomi: “However, I believe there’s been a big problem in recent years that we haven’t been offering the kind of content that surprises people around the world. With the change in era, it is becoming more difficult to differentiate between technology, as we’ve seen in the past.”

Sega Shiro: “There isn’t anything I can say to that…”

Haruki Satomi: “We decided to go with ‘GO SEGA’ for the 60th anniversary concept. With this opportunity, we plan to demonstrate the challenging spirit that’s always been there with Sega to bring the surprising kind of content that says ‘Sega is here’.”

Sega Shiro: “I’d really, really like that!”

Haruki Satomi: “For example, do you know about 5G?”

Sega Shiro: “5G!? Is that a new Sega console!?”

Haruki Satomi: “It’s about telecommunications [laughs]. With the appearance of 5G, users no longer have to worry about download times. We’re approaching an era in which you can seamlessly experience content without having to choose a device or location. This is one of the challenges.”

Sega Shiro: “So there’s an opportunity with 5G…?”

Haruki Satomi: “If you look in the past, you’ll see big innovations in the entertainment content industry when there was changes in telecommunications standards. For example, the 2G era had i-mode, the 3G era had social games and the App Store, the 4G era had F2P app games and video contents and such.

Sega Shiro: “That’s right!”

Haruki Satomi: “In addition to predicting the always-changing usage scene, we will create content that introduces new experiences. I truly believe that we’re living in a time when we must question the true value behind the saying ‘creation is life’.”

Sega Shiro: “Can I ask another thing about content creation?”

Haruki Satomi: “Sure, ask away.”

Sega Shiro: “As a group, Sega works on not only video games but toys, movies, and a variety of entertainment content… or so I’ve heard from my father. What is it that keeps pushing Sega to continue creating entertainment regardless of genres?”

Haruki Satomi: “Do you know the mission of the Sega Group, Sega Shiro-kun?”

Sega Shiro: “To continue creating deeply moving experiences!”

Haruki Satomi: “That is correct. While it may differ across businesses, regions, and genres, the goal of warming people’s hearts through entertainment content is all the same. We can create new experiences by putting together each of their strengths. I believe that the broadness of business is one of Sega’s strengths.”

Sega Shiro: “So, ‘broadness of business equals strength’… noted!”
Bondi

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #392 on: 2020-08-04 07:23:49 »

I play xbox *waves*

I have an Xbox One, too. :)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #393 on: 2020-08-04 17:20:18 »

A new SEGA console possibly?  What's the point?  Bring over some old games from the glory days and a lot of bad Sonic content?  To be mainstream, they would just offer the same games as everyone else.  Seems like a waste of money.   Unless they decided to make a ton of console only Sega content, but that seems like lost money as well.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #394 on: 2020-09-17 22:35:16 »

The stage is set for the most complicated and underwhelming new generation of video game consoles.  Both companies seem to not be sure why they even made new consoles considering how little changed.  But here you go.  Playstation 5 vs. the Xbox Series X/S.  Microsoft says you don't really need an Xbox because their PC's are just as good or better, but you need Xbox Game Pass.  Sony says the PS5 is the only place for exclusives games that only they have.

« Last Edit: 2020-09-17 22:41:04 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #395 on: 2020-09-19 20:39:50 »

From the world of Harry Potter, we get the reveal of something that people have long wanted.  An open world Harry Potter game.

Introduced to the world via the PS4, HOGWART'S LEGACY.

This was immediately propelled to the top of the "most wanted" list and we will get more info in the coming months.  And isn't it great that it is a SINGLE PLAYER RPG and not a multiplayer online game.  Thank God.  It comes 2021 on PS4 and PC.

"Hogwarts Legacy is an immersive, open-world action RPG set in the world first introduced in the Harry Potter books. Now you can take control of the action and be at the center of your own adventure in the wizarding world. Embark on a journey through familiar and new locations as you explore and discover fantastic beasts, customize your character and craft potions, master spell casting, upgrade talents, and become the wizard you want to be.

Experience Hogwarts in the 1800s. Your character is a student who holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart. You have received a late acceptance to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and soon discover that you are no ordinary student: you possess an unusual ability to perceive and master Ancient Magic. Only you can decide if you will protect this secret for the good of all, or yield to the temptation of more sinister magic.

Discover the feeling of living at Hogwarts as you make allies, battle Dark wizards, and ultimately decide the fate of the wizarding world. Your legacy is what you make of it."

Some more info videos.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #396 on: 2020-09-21 18:09:38 »

This is pretty big news.

Microsoft buys Bethesda, maker of hit The Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, in $7.5 billion deal

Article

REDMOND, Wash. — Microsoft is buying the company behind popular video games The Elder Scrolls, Doom and Fallout.

The software giant said Monday that it is paying $7.5 billion for ZeniMax Media, the parent company of video game publisher Bethesda Softworks.

Microsoft said it is buying Bethesda in part to beef up its Xbox Game Pass game subscription service, which it says has over 15 million subscribers.

Bethesda games, such as Starfield, which is currently in development, will launch on Xbox Game Pass the same day they launch on Xbox or computers, Microsoft said.

Microsoft has new consoles debuting on Nov. 10, the Xbox Series X and stripped down Series S version. It will be competing against Sony's new PlayStation 5 console.

R.W. Baird analyst Colin Sebastian said the deal is part of a wider industry trend of consolidation. Microsoft already owns studios that make popular games including Minecraft and the Halo franchise.

“We believe the deal checks a lot of boxes for Microsoft, such as strengthening the Xbox/Games division product portfolio as competition increases, boosting the profile of Xbox subscription services, and providing more content for the company’s cloud gaming initiatives," he wrote in an investor note.

Microsoft Corp., which is based in Redmond, Washington, expects the deal to close in the second half of fiscal 2021.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #397 on: 2020-09-21 18:25:36 »

Holy cow.  Microsoft is making some big powerplays here.  Not for the short term, but the long term investment and a long term win.  They are buying big developers.  Don't forget they got Mojang recently too.

This will allow Microsoft to possibly make 'The Elder Scrolls,' 'Doom,' and 'Fallout' games be Microsoft/Xbox exclusives.    This would be earth shattering for Sony.  Not right away, but in the long term.  This would be HUGE.  Microsoft is smart here morphing their Xbox and PC experience into one.  It allows them to streamline.  They are making their games as accessible as possible, even having monthly payments to get a system at a very low price.  Very low priced Game Pass and tons of backwards compatibility.  Microsoft is setting up for a death blow to everyone else it looks like.  We'll see how this plays out in a few years.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #398 on: 2020-09-21 18:42:19 »

A power play is an understatement.  Microsoft just rocked the gaming world with this massive buy.  They announce this the DAY BEFORE their pre-orders go live. 

« Last Edit: 2020-09-21 18:43:41 by Wolfwood » Logged
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #399 on: 2020-09-21 21:35:14 »

Eh, I really couldn't care honestly. I liked Skyrim... But that's pretty much it. fallout New Vegas and fallout 3 were good to but that's really it. Everything else I hate or didn't play.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #400 on: 2020-09-22 15:15:30 »

Microsoft just made a game changing move that will benefit them long term and definitely hurt Sony.  Wow.  I am truly shocked. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #401 on: 2020-09-23 16:03:31 »

PS5 Disc And Digital Pre-Orders Continue To Sell Out Nightmarishly Fast.

Do Not Expect Xbox Series X And Series S Pre-Orders To Be Smoother Than PS5’s.

Xbox Series X and Series S pre-orders were just as messy as PlayStation 5.

Xbox One X’s Amazon sales rank climbs due to Xbox Series X pre-order confusion

It looks like a bunch of soon-to-be-disappointed people accidentally bought Xbox One X’s today.

Xbox Series X Pre-Order Chaos: Confused Gamers Accidentally Buy Old Xbox One X.

Xbox Series X and S: Old console sales surge on pre-order day amid apparent naming confusion.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #402 on: 2020-09-25 14:04:30 »

Microsoft's purchase of Bethesda may have already shifted the console wars into Microsoft's corner.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #403 on: 2020-10-09 20:15:58 »

So Marvel's Avengers is already collapsing and losing it's fanbase, lol.  That was extremely quick. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #404 on: 2020-10-09 20:24:46 »

So Marvel's Avengers is already collapsing and losing it's fanbase, lol.  That was extremely quick.

Well it got middling to poor reviews.  It was ab ig let down to most.  Very basic fighting, repetitive levels and fighting, decent story, and a strange role play aspect in the game.  It's also forced to be online and there has been nothing but issues online with people waiting at times hours to get online with this game.  It didn't do well and sold poorly.  Microtransactions ALL over the place and highly glitchy.  It was a quick cash grab.  So I am glad it is doing bad. Hopefully the comic will learn their lesson.

It really just seems like a mobile game...
Pages: < 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Video Games « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024