PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Best Cartoon Theme Songs! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Cartoon Theme Songs!  (Read 16532 times)
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: 2017-03-05 15:18:36 »

The best cartoon theme song, according to me is...

The Adventures of Tintin, which has been mentioned a few times in here. I grew up with it, and I think it's one of the best theme songs, and it is one of the most remembered (at least in French-speaking areas). :)
« Last Edit: 2017-03-05 15:20:01 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: 2017-03-05 15:35:52 »

I also enjoyed your backstory on the videos you posted, Umeko.  I did the same thing with SWAT Katz.  I also raced home to at least see the theme song, lol.

There are a few more that was a big inspiration for me.

Like this one, it's probably one of the forgotten shows, I loved it, I saw it in the late 90s early 00s
I just LOVE the intro! Cause I mean listen to the music!

The other shows that inpired me were all anime I'll post them in the Anime corner

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #47 on: 2017-03-05 18:03:33 »

^ Wow! Totally a forgotten show!  I never watched it, but I remember seeing it on tv when I was young.

The enthusiasm these singers had back in the day, and the heavy rock, lol.  ;D 
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: 2017-03-05 18:05:47 »

I wouldn't say it is the best theme, but it isn't bad. ;D  Ha ha!  I do love the much effort they put into themes in the day. 

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #49 on: 2017-03-05 18:06:34 »

The Adventures of Tintin, which has been mentioned a few times in here. I grew up with it, and I think it's one of the best theme songs, and it is one of the most remembered (at least in French-speaking areas). :)

Absolutely wonderful theme.  I couldn't believe the new Tintin movie that came out a few years back didn't use that theme and make it all orchestral and crazy awesome. 
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: 2017-03-05 18:12:24 »

Would Kim Possible count as a GOOD theme song?

They put time and effort in the music. 

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #51 on: 2017-03-05 18:13:26 »

I would put it in the "good" category, even if I don't care for that genre.  The song song fits the show and explains enough to get you interested.  It also spawned the famous KP jingle everyone knows and the one some people use on their phones today as an alert or ringtone. 
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: 2017-03-05 18:18:16 »

^ Wow! Totally a forgotten show!  I never watched it, but I remember seeing it on tv when I was young.

The enthusiasm these singers had back in the day, and the heavy rock, lol.  ;D

Yeah! They surely knew how to get people excited for the show! The show itself is interesting I liked it.

Dinosaurs, Mechs, Anthros those were big themes back then.

I still like the style of the 80s and 90s more, they had more detail and it showed people spent so much time on each episode.
Then again a lot of animated shows back then were made in Japan, heavily anime influenced.
Just need to look at the style, the details are there.

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #53 on: 2017-03-05 18:21:45 »

Today the "hip" thing is simplicity in design.  Look at Adventure Time, Regular Show, We Bare Bears.  In some cases, you could flip backgrounds on these shows and not even be able to tell they are out of place!

I will give credit to the fluidity of animation today.  I am picturing those old shows with the same smoothness shown today in some shows. Would be awesome.  Kinda wish that new "Thundercats" show would have continued. 

aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: 2017-03-05 18:32:31 »

Absolutely wonderful theme.  I couldn't believe the new Tintin movie that came out a few years back didn't use that theme and make it all orchestral and crazy awesome.
That might be because it wasn't the theme for Tintin himself. It was the theme for the 1991 Nelvana-produced cartoon we all know, but not for Tintin himself and the original comic books. It would've been pretty complicated for the makers of the 2011 movie to use it.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #55 on: 2017-03-05 18:38:05 »

I know they would have had to get rights... but being that it was Spielberg and their mass of money... I would bet Nelvana would have given the rights to that song to them.  It just fits so perfectly. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #56 on: 2017-03-05 18:43:11 »

Tintin's theme is excellent.  I loved the adventure it evokes.  I am listening to it on loop and it is such a great song.  Would love to see this series brought back as a cartoon someday. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #57 on: 2017-03-05 18:59:53 »

I love that Tintin theme!  What a cool song! :D What channel was this show on in the States? 
« Last Edit: 2017-03-05 19:00:04 by Soda » Logged
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: 2017-03-05 19:02:29 »

Wikipedia says: "In the United States, the series originally aired on HBO with reruns subsequently aired on Nickelodeon." ;)

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: 2017-03-05 19:03:27 »

I know they would have had to get rights... but being that it was Spielberg and their mass of money... I would bet Nelvana would have given the rights to that song to them.  It just fits so perfectly.

It was actually Ellipse, a studio in France.  Nelvana had nothing to do with it other then distribition.  At last check the theme song used in that show was owned by UNIVERSAL who in turn is owned by Comcast. 

Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Best Cartoon Theme Songs! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024