PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion  (Read 75958 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« on: 2016-06-13 21:18:51 »

A topic to discuss Cartoon Network and it's shows!
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-06-13 21:19:42 »

First bit of news, Uncle Grandpa, a surreal animated cartoon, has now officially been cancelled by Cartoon Network.  It will have still had 52 episode though lasting much longer then most would have though. 

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/uncle-grandpa-cancelled-cartoon-network/
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-06-13 21:22:01 »

Good topic idea.  We could do this similar to how Toonzone Forums does it, which topics for each major network.  Then our fav shows we can have topics for them too of course. 
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-06-13 21:55:27 »

I don't got too much to say besides the usual "The old Cartoon Network was better".

I remember there was a period where they like... put the characters from all their shows in a real life environment and stuff. That was real cool.

And this is kinda random, but does anyone here remember like... way back then when like... the "coming up next" stuff was like... a boat and some water? i dunno, that's something i distinctly remember as a kid for some reason.

SNEE
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-06-13 22:01:38 »

I remember there was a period where they like... put the characters from all their shows in a real life environment and stuff. That was real cool.

And this is kinda random, but does anyone here remember like... way back then when like... the "coming up next" stuff was like... a boat and some water? i dunno, that's something i distinctly remember as a kid for some reason.

I liked it the most when cartoon networks did bumpers of like a city with characters walking around and stuff.

I am trying to remember that boat thing you are talking about...

I think we can all agree we are thrilled they are done with CN Real, and trying to add real people into shows.
« Last Edit: 2016-06-13 22:02:06 by Silverwing » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-06-13 22:07:14 »

I liked it the most when cartoon networks did bumpers of like a city with characters walking around and stuff.

Pretty sure you are talking about these, "Toon City" bumpers.  They were my favorites too.  They actually took time to make them.  Now they don't even have anything worth our while. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-06-14 03:59:59 »

Aw boo, Uncle Grandpa is getting canned? That makes me sad...

I don't know about "old Cartoon Network being better", there are some pretty great shows on now. I did love the old cartoons, but new ones these days are just as awesome, if not... Better?

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-06-14 10:25:00 »

I think Cartoon Network had their best period in the mid to late 90s, and into the 2000s.  Also right now is definitely a peak time, starting back in the 2010s. 
HulkbowSMASH

PSF Tourist

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-06-14 16:10:37 »

A cartoon network?  Why, in my day we had Saturday morning cartoons.  And sometimes some lame after-school specials.  And we had to get up and turn the knob on the tv to change channels.  In the snow.  Uphill both to and from the couch!
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-06-14 23:31:00 »

A cartoon network?  Why, in my day we had Saturday morning cartoons.  And sometimes some lame after-school specials.  And we had to get up and turn the knob on the tv to change channels.  In the snow.  Uphill both to and from the couch!

I know!!! Kids these days are spoiled rotten.  Excuse me while I go back in time and watch Turner Classic Movies.... oh... that doesn't exist anymore. :-/ 
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-07-29 11:22:25 »

Between CN and Nickelodeon, I don't even know what Nick has anymore.  Last I checked, they had horrible cartoons like Sanjay & Craig, Breadwinners, and I'm sure other garbage. 

I think CN is winning the cartoon war... but I GUESS that depends on viewership too. 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-08-02 00:54:50 »

Some quick updates for those who want quick updates.

Yes, Regular Show is still being made.  It's next season will premier fall 2016.  Average viewers range from a million to about 1.4 million still.  Down from peaks in the 3 million range.

Yes, Adventure was renewed for another season, despite record lows in viewership ranging from just a million to about 1.4 million.

Powerpuff Girls hitting around 1.3 million.  Renewed second season.

We Bare Bears still varying between 1.2 million to 1.7 million.  Renewed.

Uncle Grandpa has been cancelled.  Under a million viewers on average.  Will finish the rest of the season. 

Bunnicula is a Boomerang show, that CN has started to show at really bad times and not really promoting it.  Draws in a respectable million to 1.2 million.

Teen Titans Go has been renewed and draws between 1.2 million to over 2 million.  Season 2 was the peak, but season 3 is still strong.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-08-02 10:44:06 »

Thanks for the numbers.  You did forget SU.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-08-02 10:55:06 »

Le gasp, how could thee, Silverwing!?

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-08-02 15:43:57 »

I forgot. Here we go.  Steven Universe has a loyal and dedicated fan group.  Between 1.3 to 1.6 million during premiers.  So it is actually doing better then other CN shows.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024