PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  Creative  >  Artwork  >  Topic: The Common Cold (almost human, M) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Common Cold (almost human, M)  (Read 395 times)
!xOWOx!

gang

Email
« on: 2020-04-11 21:03:10 »

https://x-0u0-x.tumblr.com/post/615161817665355776/the-common-cold-posted-on-psf

This is my humanization of the common cold! This isn’t entirely my idea, though- on the SFF, I read a fic that was called “I AM the flu.” I really liked the idea of the story, but how the author described the flu was the exact opposite of what I thought up in my head, so I decided to give it a spin and ended up making this guy.

The idea is that he looks like a normal person so he can blend in with other people when he goes places. That way, he can spread germs more effectively. Personality wise, he’s a mild-mannered gent who’s a bit reserved, but still engages in conversation so that he can spread the cold. When he’s about to sneeze, he feigns that’s he’s gonna cover it but isn’t able to in time, when really, he doesn’t cover on purpose. Other than that, I don’t know how to describe him because I haven’t really fleshed out his personality yet. I’ll just add on as I go.

I’m not an expert in character design, so if the vibe of what you’re seeing is different from how the character actually is, I’m sorry in advance. I just drew what felt was attractive to me. Also, sorry that the picture is bad, I took it quickly because I didn’t want anybody to catch me taking it.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-13 13:38:56 by Smiles2us » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-11 22:06:33 »

Welcome to the community first of all.  I think it's cool you draw and wished to share it with us so fast!  Thank you.  I think you have a unique styling I look forward to seeing more of in the future.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-11 22:14:26 »

That is actually an interesting idea so far!  I hope you continue to flesh it out.  Thanks for sharing and welcome!

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2020-04-11 22:19:56 »

There isn't many male sneeze pieces of art, but I already can tell I am going to enjoy your style.  It's not hyper realistic and has tones of cartoony in it, which I like!  It's stylized.

Also your Tumblr avatar made me laugh.
!xOWOx!

gang

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2020-04-12 10:59:11 »

Welcome to the community first of all.  I think it's cool you draw and wished to share it with us so fast!  Thank you.  I think you have a unique styling I look forward to seeing more of in the future.

That is actually an interesting idea so far!  I hope you continue to flesh it out.  Thanks for sharing and welcome!

There isn't many male sneeze pieces of art, but I already can tell I am going to enjoy your style.  It's not hyper realistic and has tones of cartoony in it, which I like!  It's stylized.

Also your Tumblr avatar made me laugh.

Thank you guys so much! It means a lot, specially since I’m kinda nervous to post.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2020-04-12 11:52:37 »

Thank you guys so much! It means a lot, specially since I’m kinda nervous to post.
Really? Really? ;D
You haven't done anything bad here, and, in addition, you can be complelely anonymous.
So you don't have any reason to worry.

Besides (even if I don't really in male stuff), your art style look pretty enjoyable, so you are welcomed to post more and more.
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2020-04-12 12:29:13 »

Eyy another Tumblr person, noice. Welcome to the forum! I dig the idea of a humanization of the virus itself, the execution's pretty good too!

SNEE
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2020-04-12 16:50:32 »

Really neat idea for a devious character!  Well drawn too.

Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2020-04-12 19:47:24 »

Nice work on this.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2020-04-13 13:39:06 »

Compelling idea I must say and well drawn!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  Creative  >  Artwork  >  Topic: The Common Cold (almost human, M) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024