PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Pixar Animation Studios Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pixar Animation Studios Discussion  (Read 19323 times)
Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: 2022-02-09 14:33:35 »

Lightyear looks interesting.  Can't say I am a fan of space in any format, so it might not interest me much... yet I loved Wall-E, so who knows?

I'm here for the camaraderie.
Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #76 on: 2022-02-09 14:34:33 »

So maybe I should try to keep an open mind and not be so prepared to utterly savage this movie.

That is a good idea and I should do the same. @NostradamusTheSeer

Also note... if you liked Boss Baby, don't bother with Boss Baby 2.   ^b-
« Last Edit: 2022-02-09 14:34:43 by Captain Ridiculous » Logged

I'm here for the camaraderie.
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #77 on: 2022-02-09 14:40:43 »

I'm really torn with that Lightyear one.  I want to like it, but I am also not that interested?  It might be because of my age now?  Lol!  But I think it's cool they are trying something different. 

What is this other movie people are talking about here?  Something about getting mad and turning into a creature?  I don't see any vids of it here. 
« Last Edit: 2022-02-09 14:41:38 by Graymist » Logged
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #78 on: 2022-02-09 16:40:06 »

Also note... if you liked Boss Baby, don't bother with Boss Baby 2.   
Too late for me, I'm afraid. Curse my completist nature.  :'(  That's why I like streaming online.  No more spending my Black Friday shopping spree loading up on deeply-discounted DVD's of two-star mvies and fumbling to remember the bizarre color-coded sticker system they use: yellow this, orange that... blue here, green there...purple?--black?!?  :o  :-[  Really, Boss Baby 2 was the Look Who's Talking 3 of that franchise--it brought nothing really new to the changing table, and even the bad guy came off as a mere rehash of the "baby" half of the evil power couple from season 2 of the Netflix series.

What is this other movie people are talking about here?  Something about getting mad and turning into a creature?  I don't see any vids of it here.
Found it.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-09 16:41:15 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

TheBeesSneeze

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #79 on: 2022-02-09 16:52:15 »

Here is the trailer for 'Turning Red.'
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: 2022-02-26 00:08:48 »

Turning Red is getting slammed over and over, and now Disney is dumping the film from a movie theater release to just a Disney+ release.... Pixar is being turned into a direct to movie type studio....  And now we got this.... a Variety female reviewer has called the film, 'Unapologetically Horny...'  It is getting worse for Disney and Pixar... Article

« Last Edit: 2022-02-26 00:12:23 by RainySunshine » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #81 on: 2022-02-26 14:26:26 »

Didn't know there was any drama, but that is what the internet does.  Makes up stuff and has a cow.

Being downgraded to a streaming release is a major blow though.  Oof. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #82 on: 2022-02-28 00:06:41 »

Now Pixar is mad that their film isn't getting a theatrical release.  I wonder why Disney did this? 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #83 on: 2022-03-11 22:58:29 »

Well I got to see "Turning Red" and it was.... not at all what I was expecting.  It um....... I actually...... I actually can't say I enjoyed it.  I didn't find it good.  The animation, the visuals, etc, all were great.  But.... I really didn't enjoy this film. :(  It had so many questionable choices and seemed very different compared to most Pixar films.  Usually their films are fun for kids and adults, but this film seemed very limited towards pre-teen, specifically female girls.  It seemed very niche.  It also made a ton of weird sexual jokes and made sexual statements that made it very weird.

Pixar films are usually safe for families to go see, but I can't say this movie would be something a lot of parents would want their kids to watch.  It got pretty raunchy.  It had so many weird and bizarre metaphors, but the film didn't really say anything.

I would not recommend this film.  It's a shame, because it looked fun.  But I think the specific demographic this film catered to will like it.  I think girls and teen/pre-teen females will enjoy it more.  Most everyone else will be scratching their heads. 

Thats all I got.  :-\  I would say this Pixar film was a dud.  This will be a polarizing film and I think I know why Disney pulled this film from a full theatrical release. 
« Last Edit: 2022-03-11 23:00:34 by Anyponedrawn » Logged
Bumble

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #84 on: 2022-03-12 10:13:38 »

^ Thanks for sharing.  I'm not sure what he consensus is yet, but interesting and unexpected take for sure.
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #85 on: 2022-03-15 14:11:03 »

I saw it, found it entertaining, and fun.  But I agree with APD in that I understand why Disney didn't make this have a theatrical release.  It did some adult-ish things that most parents wouldn't want their kids to see.  I did like all the characters though.

7/10.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #86 on: 2022-04-11 22:10:23 »

I really enjoyed "Turning Red."  I thought it was cute and fun. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #87 on: 2022-06-19 17:16:26 »

So Lightyear is out.  It isn't performing as they had hoped.

As of June 19, 2022, Lightyear has grossed $51 million in the United States and Canada, and $34.6 million in other territories, for a worldwide total of $85.6 million.

In the United States and Canada, Lightyear was originally projected to gross $70–85 million from 4,255 theaters in its opening weekend.[1] However, after making just $20.7 million on its first day (including $5.2 million from Thursday night previews), estimates were lowered to $51–55 million. It went on to debut to an estimated $51 million, finishing second behind holdover Jurassic World Dominion. Both Deadline Hollywood and Variety attributed the under-performance to competition from Jurassic World and Top Gun: Maverick, though noted it as a disappointment given the brand strength of both Pixar and the Toy Story series.
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #88 on: 2022-07-01 14:33:19 »

Lightyear is currently a box office bomb.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #89 on: 2022-07-01 17:58:34 »

Woke Disney is having a hard time with all their movies.  It's great.

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Pixar Animation Studios Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024