PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 339 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 491828 times)
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #150 on: 2020-04-24 22:53:16 »

I have yet to drive a three trailer truck. lol :D
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #151 on: 2020-04-25 07:53:40 »

I suggest you to try it at least once: the triple gives you some unusual experience ;D and is pretty useful for hired drivers (they can gain more income on a short routes than with STAA double, especially flatbed-type), at least, I think that on interstates the wide trailer gives more pain than the long one.
But I prefer the RM double because there aren't any triples in WA, and B-doubles can haul just a little more cargo than STAA double in exchange for having a much less states aviliable.

And I also wish to finally get the ability to have different load types for the same containers, because at this time these two trailers

(despite the different axle load limit) can haul exactly the same amount of cargo in their 20' boxes, and in both cases the total weight is far from maximum of 80 000 lbs. So now the normal 40' or 45' skeleton trailers (or my favorite 53') are more worthy to buying than a heavier-looking 48' spread-axle trailer. The latter obviously was intended for some heavy stuff, but the only advantage over 32' shorty, that it can provide in current game version, is more badass look* with longer wheelbase and these lovely fenders.

*they even gave me the box with more appropriate color, lol 8).
« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 12:44:09 by timmelon » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #152 on: 2020-04-25 16:57:58 »

^ Nice detailed info!
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #153 on: 2020-04-26 01:51:45 »

Yes, thank you for the info, Tim.  It isn't I don't want too, I just haven't been in a place that offers one yet, and especially not one that pays me enough for my time!  I like to go for the most money I can get in the shortest amount of time (usually due to real life time constraints).  So when I can find heavy duty loads or last minute deliveries, I aim for that.

What are people's average delivery distances?  It can be found on your World of Trucks account.

ETS2 : 234 MILES

ATS : 304 MILES
« Last Edit: 2020-04-26 01:52:46 by Graymist » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #154 on: 2020-04-26 01:54:35 »

I have not even seen an offer for a three trailer truck yet, but then again I usually use my own trailer.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #155 on: 2020-04-26 01:57:15 »

Yeah, the longest rides are always the best, so if you have 6 points in «Long distance», the most big trailers can't have a much of use, when you can't take a really long route with them.

ETS2 : 234 MILES
ATS : 304 MILES
Whaaaaaaaaat?
It's only a half of an hour.
One three hour ride can bring more money (and XP) than six shorts like that.

I assume that majority of virtual truckers don't care about profit or XP, they are just enjoying the ride. I appreciate that too, since these games have a lot of things worthy to watching instead of passing them ;D.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-26 02:08:29 by timmelon » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #156 on: 2020-04-26 01:59:45 »

One thing I wish SCS would add it a single loud that can have multiple stops.  For example, lets say a truck with groceries.  You might stop in town A with your trailer of groceries, but still have more supplies inside the trailer for another store in town B.

Same trailer, multiple stops as part of the load.   

Or even contracts where you have to make multiple drives for the same shipper.  Maybe you contract to drive these goods from A to B four different times until you get paid.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #157 on: 2020-04-26 02:02:13 »

One thing I wish SCS would add it a single loud that can have multiple stops.
A brilliant idea since (for example) Sacramento has three Wallbert bases.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-26 02:03:15 by timmelon » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #158 on: 2020-04-26 02:06:46 »

One thing I wish SCS would add it a single loud that can have multiple stops.
A brilliant idea since (for example) Sacramento has three Wallbert bases.

Thank you, thank you.  I will accept my paycheck now, SCS. ;)   (aok)
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #159 on: 2020-04-26 12:15:27 »

And continuing the trailer discussion: I see that the hired drivers can teleport their trailers from the garage ;D.
Literally a several minutes ago one of my employees delivered the cargo from Freight Market (all trailers in Spokane were busy, and one more was placed there after he took this job) from Spokane to Burns. And how he returned back? No, he didn't take the Freight Market job again, he magically took the unoccupied trailer and loaded the cargo back to Spokane. Oh, how many times I wished to do something similar to it ;D... For example, I would deliver the Triple Kenworts from Seattle to Artesia and then return with my own trailer loaded with some expensive Chemso goods, making the super-profitable tour without using those bulky oversized cargoes. But now to do that I can only use the trick which is popular among Youtubers: to buy garages in all important cities and throw trailers between them. And my workers can do this trick without buying any additional garages. Cheaters, aren't they? ::|
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #160 on: 2020-04-26 16:23:52 »

One thing I wish SCS would add it a single loud that can have multiple stops.  For example, lets say a truck with groceries.  You might stop in town A with your trailer of groceries, but still have more supplies inside the trailer for another store in town B.

Or even contracts where you have to make multiple drives for the same shipper.  Maybe you contract to drive these goods from A to B four different times until you get paid.

Okay, both of those ideas are brilliant.  Like.... WOW.  I can't believe this hasn't been in their plans to do before.

And continuing the trailer discussion: I see that the hired drivers can teleport their trailers from the garage ;D.
Literally a several minutes ago one of my employees delivered the cargo from Freight Market (all trailers in Spokane were busy, and one more was placed there after he took this job) from Spokane to Burns. And how he returned back? No, he didn't take the Freight Market job again, he magically took the unoccupied trailer and loaded the cargo back to Spokane. Oh, how many times I wished to do something similar to it ;D... For example, I would deliver the Triple Kenworts from Seattle to Artesia and then return with my own trailer loaded with some expensive Chemso goods, making the super-profitable tour without using those bulky oversized cargoes. But now to do that I can only use the trick which is popular among Youtubers: to buy garages in all important cities and throw trailers between them. And my workers can do this trick without buying any additional garages. Cheaters, aren't they? ::|

I wish I could cheat like that too, lol!  Good eye.  I've never really paid attention to what they do with my trailers.  I only have two...
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #161 on: 2020-04-27 00:36:40 »

When the Mack truck comes out, expect the Idaho release within weeks or less.  That is my prediction.  I'm thinking May. Mid May...
« Last Edit: 2020-04-27 00:37:13 by RainySunshine » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #162 on: 2020-04-27 00:39:30 »

When the Mack truck comes out...
Too much letters to spell a word «tomorrow» 8).

And I expect Idaho at beginning of June.

I've never really paid attention to what they do with my trailers.  I only have two...
Double LOL :o. It's another confirmation how wise is SCS's approach to developing the game: even if you don't buy any trailer, you still get the improved ones in Freight Market (remade dryvans/reefers, conestogas, spread-axle trailers etc.). On the other hoof, I remember how hungry I was for a new stuff: last months before 1.32 release I had 30 employees in every game and didn't hire anybody new to gain 4 million of both euros and dollars. So after the patch came out, I bought 36 trailers in every game at once. Back then I didn't care about what trailer is more suitable for what task, and my workers were often caught on delivering the cardboard in a reefer or taking the short trailer when the long one is avialable. Only after gain of some experience I stopped to buy non-optimal trailer sizes and types (a majority of them, if short :P), although the issues with carrying the cardboard and palettes in a reefer still happen ;D. I see that ETS now doesn't have this quirk: cargo categories for normal dryvans and frosty trailers are just separate (you can't take processors with a reefer) unlike ATS (FRC over IN over dryvan).
And I see funny things in logistics, when you can take a Cable Reel from one Plasters base to another, and then return back with the identical Cable Reel, which already was on the destination base ::). I can understand if it's a bulldozer, when you can exchange damaged one on a fresh, but a cable...
« Last Edit: 2020-04-27 06:49:55 by timmelon » Logged
Tüsszent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #163 on: 2020-04-27 14:07:26 »

When the Mack truck comes out, expect the Idaho release within weeks or less.  That is my prediction.  I'm thinking May. Mid May...

So.... Wednesday?  ;)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #164 on: 2020-04-27 15:24:36 »

I still do not own a Lonestar nor have I driven one.  I've been saving my companies assets for trailers.  But I figure when the new Anthem comes out, I may splurge on a Lonestar and Anthem to test them out.  I then usually give my "test" trucks to employees as I continue on with my usually truck.

In ETS2 I still drive the oldest Volvo truck in the game, lol.  I just got used it and have driven it ever since, even with the new Scania and Renault.  I have yet to buy the new Renault, but the previous Renault truck didn't impress me much.  I also want to give a shout out to the MAN truck in the game.  It isn't the quickest in anyway, but it always feels reliable and strong to get the job done.
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 339 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024