PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 339 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 491286 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2145 on: 2022-05-11 21:22:53 »

I was going through the forums at SCS and noticed a ton of people complaining about the lack of companies and different cargoes in ETS2 and ATS.  I've personally never had an issue with this.  I never thought there was a lack of companies.  Am I missing something?  Am I the odd one out in thinking this?  What do you guys think?  Too few cargoes and companies?
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #2146 on: 2022-05-11 22:14:53 »

I was going through the forums at SCS and noticed a ton of people complaining about the lack of companies and different cargoes in ETS2 and ATS.
Well, more types of trailers you have, more skins you need to draw, so creating a bunch of new company logos needs a lot of human-hours to create the distinctive liveries for every trailer, and I think people will not be glad to see big amount of companies of the same-looking design with only difference in the name. People who see using their own trailer as an only way to play this game can forget about this and think that adding a new company requires just to make a logo on their entrance gates, and that’s all ;D. So, the current solution of having something like a «network companies» with a lot of department in different cities are acceptable for me. Even more, the developers slowly, but surely continue to add more companies. Earlier we have one mining company, today there is two of them, also, the second winery company was introduced in 1.44. ETS has a lot of new companies with every new map DLC.
As for cargoes — well, I can agree flatbeds and sliding tarp trailers may not have so huge variety of cargoes compared to dryvans, but the situation is also improving now.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2147 on: 2022-05-11 22:23:12 »

It really doesn't bother me.  I don't care what I am pulling one iota.  They seem to add new companies fairly frequently, especially in ETS when going into new countries.  I think it's just people complaining to complain.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #2148 on: 2022-05-11 22:45:31 »

I think it's just people complaining to complain.
I know that in 2020s there can be people who believe in computers so much so you need just to rename a file from HPotterChambSecrs.txt to HPotterChambSecrs.mp3 — and voilà, you have turned the text into an audio book ;D.
So, maybe there are people who think there is a program, where you need just to throw in the company name, and all logos, prefabs and trailer skins will draw themselves in seconds.

P.S. Remember the Synth&Son ad from Vice City?
«Thanks to the science of music, you don’t need musical talent to make great music»
«Why work hard on difficult compositions, when a machine can make music better than you’ve ever dreamed of?»
«Remember — you don’t know you’re a musician, until you try!»
« Last Edit: 2022-05-11 23:08:30 by timmelon » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2149 on: 2022-05-12 00:04:56 »

HPotterChambSecrs.txt to HPotterChambSecrs.mp3 — and voilà, you have turned the text into an audio book ;D.

That's how I turn digital instruction manuals into audio files so they can speak to me on what to do instead of me having to read it.  It totally works.   :))

I swear all those ads from Vice City, I can quote almost word for word.  All so iconic!
« Last Edit: 2022-05-12 00:05:23 by Wolfwood » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2150 on: 2022-05-12 00:14:34 »

I was going through the forums at SCS and noticed a ton of people complaining about the lack of companies and different cargoes in ETS2 and ATS.  I've personally never had an issue with this.  I never thought there was a lack of companies.  Am I missing something?  Am I the odd one out in thinking this?  What do you guys think?  Too few cargoes and companies?

Doesn't bother me.  We have many different types of trailers.  The cargo is usually hidden inside those trailers and we don't see them... so.... I'm not sure why people complain?

They add new companies when they do.  Really doesn't both me. 
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2151 on: 2022-05-12 00:15:04 »

And I have a complaint... a sad one. These are not the type of tree's Texas has.  Forests don't look like this in Texas. :-\  Hmmmm.  Evergreen, pine, and sitka spruce do not grow as they show in this Texas update.  This might be the first shocking incorrect thing I've ever seen from SCS.  Uh oh.  No part of Texas is as lush as these images show.  There are forested parts, but not with these types of trees.  Did they not create the right trees for some reason?

I noticed that as well, and so did a user in the blog post.  The more SCS see's this, the more they can fix it before release.  I think part of the issue was that all of the animated props for forestry that SCS has is based off of trees for the Pacific Northwest.  They didn't have a prop using the "proper" trees and they tried to fill it in with Pacific Northwest trees so the animated props wouldn't look out of place.  Sadly, they will have to change to the correct trees and remodel some of the animated props to the correct trees if they want this to be more accurate.

Good eyes!!! You guys are right, that does NOT look like Texas in the slightest.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #2152 on: 2022-05-12 00:56:00 »

I swear all those ads from Vice City, I can quote almost word for word.  All so iconic!
Degenatron!
I’ll never go to school again!
;D

As I said earlier, that camera stabilization option is great when you want to record your off-road adventure ;D.

UPD:
Like with ATS, they have released the patch several hours earlier their usual posting time, so I had a few hours to look at Austria, starting from Vienna, where are a lot of nice buildings and very dirty-looking channel parallel to Danube river.

A really big square here ;D. As for rivers in another cities — they look a bit cleaner, but colors are still unhealthy :nervoussmile:

But the first area you need to see is a mountain road between Innsbruck and Klagenfurt. The quality is comparable with Colorado or Wyoming and much better than in original map from 2012 ;D.

Also, there are some lovely towns near this road, and very original «WRONG WAY» signs ;D. One of hidden roads, introduced in this patch, very fits to Extreme Trucker games :{.

So, this small, but great free update makes me excited about possible update of Switzerland — this part of the map deserves to be revamped with the same level of details. But of course, if it was not announced, we can’t even know when we may see it.
« Last Edit: 2022-05-12 12:30:11 by timmelon » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #2153 on: 2022-05-12 14:21:42 »

Have not even seen all of the new ATS yet, but gonna drive into Austria NEXT! Tonight!

Great photos, Tim!! :D  Excellent actually.  Is the Danube usually that dirty?  I just assumed it was pretty and clean.
« Last Edit: 2022-05-12 14:23:20 by RainySunshine » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #2154 on: 2022-05-12 14:22:30 »

As I said earlier, that camera stabilization option is great when you want to record your off-road adventure ;D.

Tim!  This isn't Spintires!  ::)
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2155 on: 2022-05-12 16:29:34 »

Nice photos.

Austria is really nice so far.

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2156 on: 2022-05-12 16:32:08 »

Have not even seen all of the new ATS yet, but gonna drive into Austria NEXT! Tonight!

Great photos, Tim!! :D  Excellent actually.  Is the Danube usually that dirty?  I just assumed it was pretty and clean.

It's pretty gross looking.  I'm surprised. lol.  I was also surprised how trashy the city looks in person around the canal.  It look's dirty, run down, and kind of gross.  I always pictured Vienna being beautiful and of high culture.

« Last Edit: 2022-05-12 16:35:22 by Grapefoot » Logged

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2157 on: 2022-05-12 23:40:13 »

Wow.  New Northern Bay Area is AWESOME!  It actually looks accurate now!  They got that huge massive refinery in Richmond, the bridges, a more accurate flora.  I recognize places coming into San Fran now with this new update!  Sacramento is also 100 times better.  It seems real now.  I noticed a lot more urban development along the highways through the whole area, which is correct.  It's a very urban area and it feels lived in now unlike before which was mostly empty highways with trees around it.  No buildings.

Oakland still is bad and San Francisco still is old and wrong.  Hopefully that comes next.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2158 on: 2022-05-12 23:40:59 »

Wow.  New Northern Bay Area is AWESOME!  It actually looks accurate now!  They got that huge massive refinery in Richmond, the bridges, a more accurate flora.  I recognize places coming into San Fran now with this new update!  Sacramento is also 100 times better.  It seems real now.  I noticed a lot more urban development along the highways through the whole area, which is correct.  It's a very urban area and it feels lived in now unlike before which was mostly empty highways with trees around it.  No buildings.

Oakland still is bad and San Francisco still is old and wrong.  Hopefully that comes next.

It's weird to drive through San Rafael, but not be able to take jobs from it anymore. ;D 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2159 on: 2022-05-12 23:43:51 »

It's just SO much better so far.  It feels like an urban area so much more now.  Seeing the refineries and tank farms around Richmond and Vallejo, seeing roads I know exist!!! It's such an improvement. 

They really need to give Oakland some love, because clearly they can do so well now.  Sacramento feels like a full-sized city driving around it now.  It's so cool.  The Bay Area new north seems big and populated.  Oakland and San Jose need to be done with the same amount of love.  San Jose is the biggest city in the San Francisco Bay Area, and many people don't know that!  They just assume it's San Francisco. 
Pages: < 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 339 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024