PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Racing Game Topic Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Game Topic Discussion  (Read 20151 times)
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2021-05-28 21:17:35 »

Down under everyone likes V8 Supercars.  Why are their no V8 Supercar games?  NASCAR and V8 Supercars are joined at the hip in that they are overpowered race cars.  Aussies and American's love their powerful V8 blocks. 

I would be real curious to see V8 Supercars race an oval like Daytona.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2021-05-28 21:50:03 »

Oh hey, Kiwi!  There were some V8 Supercar racing games in the past.  The biggest were the TOCA series of games.  Now days there isn't much.  iRacing might?  You can mod NASCAR Racing 2003 to do them and people still update the cars (super dedicated community for that game which can do EVERYTHING).
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: 2021-05-28 21:59:12 »

Oh wow, TOCA is an old game, but a really good racing game.  It sadly only lasted two renditions before becoming the GRID series. 

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2021-05-29 15:47:07 »

That SRX-The Game is getting positive reviews.  It's more money then I want to spend right now, but I look forward to it.  Hope it sells well so they can continue expanding and improving the series.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2021-05-29 18:34:32 »

^ I will get it when it's not $40. :D
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2021-05-29 23:56:31 »

I hate to say that, but I too don't want to spend that money. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: 2021-05-30 00:07:16 »

Man, I miss those old PS2 era racing games.  They were bomb. 
megacycle

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2021-05-30 09:10:59 »

Man, I miss those old PS2 era racing games.  They were bomb.

I understand how you feel, there were a lot of different racing games from that console generation that I love. Test Drive, Flat Out, Need For Speed Underground 1 and 2, Need For Speed Most Wanted, Nascar, Colin McRae Rally, and the list just keeps going. I owned mostly racing games on my PlayStation 1 and 2.

There aren't as many arcade racing games being released now, now everything is focused on multiplayer games and games that can be bloated with DLC and other addictive money making schemes.
« Last Edit: 2021-05-30 09:13:53 by megacycle » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2021-05-30 14:06:19 »

NFS Most Wanted was AWESOME.  I spent so much time racing against the police.  The game I still think has the best feeling of urgency and action of any game.  They also had the BEST police chatter! I swear it never got old, was so varied, and seemed always unique. 

I also owned pretty much every racing game on the PS2 and a lot on the PS1.  It varied from arcade, to simulation.

All these multiplayer focused racing games, while good in their own merits, just aren't my cup of tea.
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2021-05-30 16:20:09 »

I've been playing a lot of classic PS2 racers lately.  So many of them have held up.
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: 2021-05-30 17:25:24 »

The PS2 era of racers were bomb.  :D  It seemed like every direction you turned, there was a new GREAT racing game out.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: 2021-05-30 18:49:25 »

The DIRT games have been good and tough, the simulation ones, not the arcade ones.  I've never thought racing myself could be so hard.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2021-06-02 17:35:29 »

Gran Turismo 7 Could Launch on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 (This is opposite of what was said before)

Article

According to a post today on the PlayStation Blog, there’s a chance that Gran Turismo 7 might be a cross-generational PlayStation game, running on both PS4 and PS5 consoles.

The blog post isn’t about Gran Turismo specifically, but consists of an interview with Hermen Hulst, the head of PlayStation Studios. PlayStation Studios is the arm of Sony which manages the various development teams that create the “first-party” games, including Polyphony Digital and Gran Turismo.

In the post, Hulst talks about the challenges of recent months, and some of the titles in development across both current console generations. However there’s a specific question about PlayStation 4 which very much catches the eye:

The messaging behind Gran Turismo 7‘s development has been a little mixed over the past year, variously described as being developed for PlayStation and for PlayStation 5 specifically at different points. This comment from Hulst certainly seems to hint back towards the former situation.

However it’s still difficult to draw a definitive conclusion from the rather carefully chosen words. Hulst only remarks that PlayStation Studios will “continue looking at” developing individual titles for both console generations “where it makes sense to” do so, rather than outright confirming Gran Turismo 7 as a PS4 and PS5 title. Horizon Forbidden West is already confirmed as a cross-gen game, while the God of War sequel’s situation is very similar to GT7 — having also been pushed back to 2022.

In some respects, the idea of GT7 as a cross-gen game has plenty of merit. With PS5 sales still limited by availability, an established playerbase of 110 million consoles looks pretty attractive when it comes to selling games.

Fans will nonetheless be concerned that the game will need to be effectively the same on both consoles, with only PlayStation 5 “enhancements” to make it look nicer and load faster on the new console. That could limit how Polyphony Digital could leverage the PS5’s capabilities.
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2021-06-02 23:47:25 »

I will wait to hear the official word from PD and Sony before I jump on the unhappy bandwagon.
megacycle

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2021-06-03 09:37:18 »

All this talk of racing and driving, makes me want to invest in a racing wheel again. lol. Along with a proper stand to set it up. Anybody here have a racing wheel? What's a good one to get at a fair price? Should I aim for a three pedal with gear shift knob racing wheel or two pedals and paddle shifters racing wheel? I know this is a bit off topic. lol.

If I get a racing wheel, what are some good racing games to go along with it.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-03 09:38:47 by megacycle » Logged
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Racing Game Topic Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024