PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Racing Game Topic Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Game Topic Discussion  (Read 20096 times)
Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: 2021-08-23 15:42:01 »

Forza Horizon 5 in Mexico for some reason really doesn't interest me.  I know the landscape will be somewhat varied... but overall it will be desert and I find deserts very boring.  There is so little to do in them.

As well, the info on the new Test Drive: Solar Crown game really doesn't excite... like at all.  Hong Kong is not a fun playground and it has been tried in many games before.  I've never personally enjoyed it.  I can think of Midnight Club and Sleeping Dogs.  Neither had a good Hong Kong.
« Last Edit: 2021-08-23 15:43:07 by Captain Ridiculous » Logged

I'm here for the camaraderie.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #61 on: 2021-08-23 15:49:28 »

Forza Horizon 5 in Mexico for some reason really doesn't interest me.  I know the landscape will be somewhat varied... but overall it will be desert and I find deserts very boring.  There is so little to do in them.

As well, the info on the new Test Drive: Solar Crown game really doesn't excite... like at all.  Hong Kong is not a fun playground and it has been tried in many games before.  I've never personally enjoyed it.  I can think of Midnight Club and Sleeping Dogs.  Neither had a good Hong Kong.

I have to agree on both accounts.  Hong Kong Island is so limited and I would have much preferred a more open roads, location.  Not a location that is densely built up.  They end up just making every street corner look the same. 

And for Forza, yeah, Mexico would not be my first choice... but then again, neither would England have been.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #62 on: 2021-08-27 23:29:55 »

Well there have been more teasers for NASCAR 21.  People are play-testing it this weekend at Daytona Int'l Raceway prior to the NASCAR races there.  We will hear more and see more gameplay coming up after these playtests.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #63 on: 2021-09-26 15:33:35 »

I bit the bullet and bought an F1 Game.  Installing it now.  Lets give this a go!  I hear good things from the series. :)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: 2021-09-28 13:30:22 »

Gran Turismo 7 Tops Amazon Sales Charts in USA and Japan in Pre Orders
Article

It’s only been a week since Gran Turismo 7 became available to pre-order worldwide, and already the title is topping sales charts — and in some cases selling out entirely.

According to charts published by multi-purpose online retailer Amazon, the various versions of Gran Turismo 7 are firmly entrenched in the top of the PlayStation 5 video game best seller lists.

Amazon’s Japanese store has four flavors of GT7 all sitting in the top ten best-selling games, with both the regular and 25th Anniversary Editions, with and without special Amazon.co.jp pre-order gifts on the list.

Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #65 on: 2021-10-07 15:27:22 »

Article

It’s only been a week since Gran Turismo 7 became available to pre-order worldwide, and already the title is topping sales charts — and in some cases selling out entirely.

According to charts published by multi-purpose online retailer Amazon, the various versions of Gran Turismo 7 are firmly entrenched in the top of the PlayStation 5 video game best seller lists.

Amazon’s Japanese store has four flavors of GT7 all sitting in the top ten best-selling games, with both the regular and 25th Anniversary Editions, with and without special Amazon.co.jp pre-order gifts on the list.

Every time I see Gran Turismo, I think, how can they possible improve the graphics?  I've been saying this since like the days of the PS2. ;D 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #66 on: 2021-10-08 14:50:14 »

Article

Every time I see Gran Turismo, I think, how can they possible improve the graphics?  I've been saying this since like the days of the PS2. ;D

There has to be a point where they can't keep improving.  Everything will hit a point it looks great and can't advance!  I keep telling myself that!
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: 2021-10-14 16:37:47 »

So lets take a peak at some recently released and upcoming racing game releases.

Hot Wheels Unleashed

WRC 10 FIA World Rally Championship

F1 2021

Circuit Superstars

NASCAR 21: Ignition Oct. 28

Forza Horizon 5 Nov. 8

Taxi Chaos Oct. 19 (Crazy Taxi style game)

Victory Heat Rally TBA (Retro racer)

Motor Town: Behind The Wheel TBA 2021

Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: 2021-10-18 13:51:28 »

Only ones that really interest me on that list as NASCAR 21 and Forza Horizon 5.  Haven't heard of Taxi Chaos.  I used to love Crazy Taxi, but could only play it in small doses.  If this game is good, and cheap, I might pick that up too.
« Last Edit: 2021-10-18 13:55:17 by Captain Ridiculous » Logged

I'm here for the camaraderie.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #69 on: 2021-10-18 14:11:22 »

I'm just waiting for Gran Turismo 7 and NASCAR 21, and that upcoming Indy Car game in 2023.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #70 on: 2021-10-20 16:26:08 »

Some early copies of NASCAR 21: Ignition have been given to influencers and the game is getting a beating unfortunately.  I don't want to see that.  I want Motorsports Games to be great at making games to true enthusiasts of these sports. They say the foundation of the game is sound, but it is loaded with bugs and glitches. 
megacycle

Email
« Reply #71 on: 2021-10-26 05:19:48 »

Hot wheels Unleashed is surprisingly good, campaign races start off quick and simple, giving you time to get accustomed to the game and controls. The difficulty will ramp up as courses get larger and more chaotic. It's a polished arcade racing game, all the cars feel unique. Boost is earned passively or by drifting. Fast cars tend to have less boost while slower cars have more boost. It even lets you design your own course, with a very detailed track editor. Car customization is limited to paint color and type and liveries. My only critique is the way cars are unlocked, unlocked via blind box or loot box.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #72 on: 2021-10-28 15:30:25 »

Hot wheels Unleashed is surprisingly good, campaign races start off quick and simple, giving you time to get accustomed to the game and controls. The difficulty will ramp up as courses get larger and more chaotic. It's a polished arcade racing game, all the cars feel unique. Boost is earned passively or by drifting. Fast cars tend to have less boost while slower cars have more boost. It even lets you design your own course, with a very detailed track editor. Car customization is limited to paint color and type and liveries. My only critique is the way cars are unlocked, unlocked via blind box or loot box.

It is a game I will purchase when it goes on sale.  Another niggle is the lack of tracks, though I realize there is a track editor.  It was a solid game and a nice surprise. :)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #73 on: 2021-10-28 15:31:58 »

NASCAR 21 Ignition launches today.

They've already released 2 major patches and are quickly fixing a lot of errors and bugs.  It's still not perfect, far from it, but it's quickly getting better.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #74 on: 2021-10-28 15:41:16 »

Tons of Gran Turismo News.  New Tracks, Car Lists, etc.

Article

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Racing Game Topic Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024