PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Gaming Soundtracks 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gaming Soundtracks  (Read 25497 times)
Heavy-Chevy
Rookie

Vroom Vroom

Email
« Reply #75 on: 2020-01-26 21:58:07 »

One of my personal all time favorites is from a rare and very under-appreciated title from the Playstation One era called Einhander.  I believe it's the only sidescrolling shooter that Square ever made and if you ever get a chance to play it, it's a great game but be warned it's expensive if you can find an original working disc.  The soundtrack is a masterpiece of electronic composition, if you're into the whole techno scene.  It was composed by Kenichiro Fukui, and I love it for its atmospheric ambiance.

My other favorites are some of the Tomb Raids soundtracks.  I do like the ones from the original first 3 games but my favorite one out of all of them is for Tomb Raider Underworld.  Definitely one of Colin O'Maley's best!

« Last Edit: 2020-01-26 22:00:20 by Heavy-Chevy » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #76 on: 2020-12-05 21:36:04 »

You know has a lovingly crafted soundtrack?  Far Cry 5.  Especially the country and folk instrumentals and the church choir.  There is some terrific stuff in here by Dan Romer.  It is a comforting soundtrack, but chilling with just an edge of uneasiness.

FULL SOUNDTRACK

Some snippets below.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #77 on: 2021-04-13 21:18:46 »

All great.  The attention and car in the FC5 soundtrack is apparent and it's great.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #78 on: 2021-04-13 21:20:45 »

So the popular thing right now is to hate on the game Balan Wonderworld and there are many reasons too, but one is NOT the truly stunning soundtrack.  It varies from Disney theatrical wonder, to jungle themes, showtunes, and some of the catchiest stuff you will hear out there.  Even more impressive is how they have a distinctive theme song that is used throughout in notes and motifs for a truly well rounded musical experience.  It gives the overall game a feeling of a theater show and there was no shortage of love and effort put into this truly spectacular soundtrack.

timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #79 on: 2022-09-29 00:03:40 »

I have mentioned an Akagi carrier in my latest post, and... realized I can’t see this ship without one of main menu tracks from IL-2 Sturmovik instantly starting playing in my head.
This music plays when you choose the Japanese side and I think it stands out the most.

Soviet, German and US tracks sound much more like a background music.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #80 on: 2022-09-29 14:24:32 »

I love it when games have music representative of their factions or countries. WWII games have been excellent at this though the years.

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Gaming Soundtracks « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024