PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Christmas 2021! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christmas 2021!  (Read 9331 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #75 on: 2021-12-19 16:46:51 »

Okay, so has anyone ever wrapped their Christmas gifts in a special way?  Or maybe very proud of a certain wrapping job they did?

(Not my photo)
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #76 on: 2021-12-19 16:57:55 »

Wow!  That is so cool!

Naaaw, my wrapping it generic and average.  Wrapping paper with a bow on top.  One time I did ribbons, but that was too much extra work. ;D

kiku

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #77 on: 2021-12-21 14:35:38 »

Time for some music!  :)

What are your favourite Christmas songs or carols?

For me, there are so many…
But I’ll start with the German ones.

My absolute favourite is “Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht” (English title: Silent Night).
I found a version on Youtube which probably is one of the most authentic with its setting in the Alps of Tirol, Austria, and the historical atmosphere. I think it gives us a feeling of how it must have been back in 1818, on Christmas Eve, when the song was performed for the very first time in a small Austrian chapel, by the composer Franz Xaver Gruber and the author, Joseph Mohr (a young Catholic priest) with only a guitar to accompany their singing.
It’s so amazing that this simple, beautiful song became so famous and is sung all around the world in so many languages now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z15FHAVrv7A

I also found this version of a small group singing with a guitar in exactly the chapel in the Austrian village where the song was performed for the first time (in the end they sing in English too)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk2wA4RHYa4

Another big favourite of mine is “Maria durch ein Dornwald ging” (English title: Maria Walks Amid The Thorn).
The lyrics were first written down in 1850, but it’s uncertain how old the song actually is. Nobody knows for sure, but I think it’s got a haunting, kind of medieval touch to it, which I have always liked.
I found this version on Youtube performed by Franziska Wiese, a German violinist and singer (I think it’s incredibly beautiful):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q6Kak6Ip2k

A more cheerful song from my childhood is this one, “Lasst uns froh und munter sein” (Translation: “Let’s all be happy and have fun”; I don’t know if there are any versions in other languages…?)
The animation video (with English subtitles!) is cute and kind of nostalgic – it shows kids looking forward to St. Nikolaus Eve, which is on December 6th. (I think St. Nikolaus was probably the model for Santa Claus.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBIMFZ-q7mg

That’s it for today.  :)

« Last Edit: 2021-12-21 14:39:14 by kiku » Logged

Avatar: Idea and drawing by Nemesis Prime
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #78 on: 2021-12-21 17:31:06 »

^ I had time to listen to most and it was fun hearing songs I know in English, but in German. Silent Night has always been a long time favorite of mine.

I also really like "Joy To The World," "I Saw Three Ships," and "O Come All Ye Faithful."   Youtube surprisingly doesn't have many versions of these songs, so I just choose the most traditional. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #79 on: 2021-12-21 23:36:09 »

I love listening to Christmas music and you all just gave me some new and traditional classics to enjoy here.  Thank you!  I will give them a listen now.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: 2021-12-22 00:02:37 »

First of all, I love the music you posted MasterX.  That rendition of "Joy To The World" was on quite the impressive stage as was "O Come All Ye Faithful."

Kiku, that was very enjoyable!  I've never really sat down and listened to Christmas music in a different tongue than my own.  I've heard it in the background maybe, but never sat there to really listen to it.  Thank you for sharing.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #81 on: 2021-12-22 18:46:35 »

Sweet, I am going to listen to some now.  Thanks.

Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #82 on: 2021-12-23 10:03:29 »

I kinda discovered new christmas song that i really like Merry christmas everyone
As finn most of our christmas songs are kinda depressing and my mind is already sad enough i crave for positive messages and rythms in songs, now that i live alone i've used to go after Jpop christmas songs, since those have such great energy, but now i've been playing this one and rechaging my batteries from all the stress and stuff.

Merry christmas and happy holidays to all the forum members and lurkers!

PM me for want free art! Everybody is welcome to request~

If you want to learn more about "my" Nemesis Prime as RP character click
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #83 on: 2021-12-23 15:49:39 »

^ It has an older style to it, it's fun, it's bright, it's catchy!  I love it!!  Great find.  Hope you get have a fantastic season!!!

If you like 80's style music, you will probably like this, but the secret is it's actually a modern song! Y'all might like this song. 

It's Christmas - Forêt de Vin
« Last Edit: 2021-12-23 15:58:24 by Anyponedrawn » Logged
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #84 on: 2021-12-23 17:54:52 »

^ It has an older style to it, it's fun, it's bright, it's catchy!  I love it!!  Great find.  Hope you get have a fantastic season!!!

If you like 80's style music, you will probably like this, but the secret is it's actually a modern song! Y'all might like this song. 

It's funny, since technically i wouldnt count myself as 80's kid since it only lasted like 1 year after i was born  :)) BUT i have such a soft spot for 80's-90's music it's totally my jam~

Ooh, i'm actually listening that song you recommended right now and this is totally the music I would play in the background while having the christmas dinner or as the tradition i grew up with, when having the dessert and coffee and opening the presents! Gives out such a nice calm mood  ^-^ I need to loop that and play it through the night~
Thanks for sharing!  :D

PM me for want free art! Everybody is welcome to request~

If you want to learn more about "my" Nemesis Prime as RP character click
Tüsszent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #85 on: 2021-12-23 18:11:08 »

Merry Christmas from Europe to you all.  Still a few days away, yes.  But I figured since we are spreading seasonal cheer, I should too.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #86 on: 2021-12-24 00:13:00 »

I kinda discovered new christmas song that i really like Merry christmas everyone

Wow, that's pretty good!  Thanks for sharing that one.

I like it a lot too!  I love the 80s and that Vaporwave type stuff going around.  For non-traditional, I enjoy it!
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #87 on: 2021-12-24 16:34:22 »

Hey, I'm liking the Christmas choices there. :D

Also, It's Christmas Eve!!!
Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #88 on: 2021-12-24 16:36:14 »

As finn

Finnish?  Hello fello Finn!   :D ^b-

Also Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I'm here for the camaraderie.
Bumble

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #89 on: 2021-12-24 16:46:14 »

You can tell a lot of people are away.  It's been quiet here leading up till Christmas.  Hope everyone has a nice one!
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Christmas 2021! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024