PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion  (Read 75866 times)
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #225 on: 2018-10-07 14:39:45 »

You want to know one of the most worthlessly pointless shows on television right now?  Total Dramarama which is from that Canadian Studio and YTV.  It airs on Cartoon Network because of a prior contract they had when Total Drama was somewhat popular as a short term fad.

Total Dramarama follows the same characters... but as babies.  It's horrible, stupid, and the perfect example of a show that never needed to be made.
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #226 on: 2018-10-07 17:47:15 »

No wayyyyy. :-0

That sounds terrible. Lemme take a look. *takes a look*

Oh my ffff. They really did it. They really made a show about them as toddlers. That's-- wow.

That's too much... XD

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #227 on: 2018-10-07 20:54:07 »

I haven't watched it, but the ads I see for it are terrible.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #228 on: 2018-10-12 14:56:21 »

So I tried to watch an episode.  I got to about the six minutes and just had to turn it off.  It was such a worthless show.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #229 on: 2018-10-15 22:23:53 »

I am surprised to say this, but the recent "OK KO" crossover episode was good.... in the sense it had TONS of references to CARTOON NETWORK'S cartoon history.  It brought up so many long forgotten characters and CN related things.  I am surprised they did what they did and I really enjoyed the references.  They also did this cool thing using old CN show music and channel music and themes as well as bumpers! If you can catch it on tv or online, I would watch it.

Here is a short snippet.

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #230 on: 2019-06-07 13:25:45 »

Cartoon Network Announces WE BARE BEARS Movie, Spinoff Series
Article

Cartoon Network is expanding the storytelling for its global hit and Emmy-nominated series, WE BARE BEARS with a new TV movie and spinoff series. Created by two-time Annie Award-winner Daniel Chong, WE BARE BEARS The Movie, is in production and a spinoff focused on the popular baby bear characters is in development at Cartoon Network Studios. Chong is attached as executive producer on both projects.

In WE BARE BEARS The Movie, fans will learn that best bros Grizz, Panda and ICE BEAR have always had each other's backs. When their love of food trucks and internet fame leads to unexpected mayhem, they must go on a wild, hilarious and dangerous adventure to escape a foe that threatens to tear them apart. The movie is slated to premiere in 2020.

The baby bears have amassed a large international fan base after appearing in several episodes of WE BARE BEARS and the untitled spinoff series will explore fresh and fun stories with the show's most beloved characters.

We Bare Bears premiered in 2015 and, since its debut, has earned numerous awards including a BAFTA Children's Award, a Jury Award for Best TV Series at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival and several Annie Awards. Fans around the world, most notably in the APAC region, have embraced the show for its portrayal of Asian Pop culture. The series follows three endearing bear siblings who are also best friends: Grizz (voiced by Eric Edelstein), Panda (voiced by Bobby Moynihan), and ICE BEAR (voiced by Demetri Martin) who lean on one each another while trying to fit in and turn ordinary situations into laugh-out-loud funny moments.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #231 on: 2019-06-07 16:59:54 »

You want to know one of the most worthlessly pointless shows on television right now?  Total Dramarama... [It] follows the same characters... but as babies.  It's horrible, stupid, and the perfect example of a show that never needed to be made.

It might have worked with original characters... and if it were made like fifteen, 20 years ago.  Okay, CN, you're selling me a  show about hyperactive, destructive toddlers basically torturing their caregiver, who appears to be a shell-shocked war vet about two days away from a nervous breakdown? Meh. It's cute enough for the basic cable 6-7 A.M. slot, next to fairly inoffensive shows like Baby Looney Tunes, The Wacky World of Tex Avery, and Coconut Freds' Fruit Salad Island, but a big-time network audience demands better-- or, at least, it used to.

See, if the TD folks needed something to fill a time slot and meet contractural obligations, here's my idea: a competition in which dogs must complete in hilariously violent challenges and run the gantlet for a cash prize. And most of the mutts would be parodies of actual Internet "celebrity" pets and canine  versions of celebs, reality TV show stars, and TV characters.  One contestant I had in mind, por ejemplo,  would (ironically) be a nearsighted, dimwitted bulldog caricature of Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys.

It's kind of like the Winchester Dog Show, with high explosives and dropping anvils.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #232 on: 2019-06-16 12:12:37 »

Word on the street is OK KO has been cancelled after season 3.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #233 on: 2019-07-21 16:00:04 »

Cartoon Network has been revealing a lot of big things for their network including new shows like the long awaited, "Infinity Train."  The trailer is below.

And sure to give fans a hard on, OK KO has an episode coming up that is a special crossover with Sonic the Hedgehog...

But that isn't all.  CN showed off some new shows like, "Mao Mao Heroes of Pure Heart," "Tig N' Seek," and "Victor and Valentino."  Plus new episodes of "Craig of the Creek," "Teen Titans GO!," and "Summercamp Island." Maybe even more puzzling is, "Apple and Onion" is returning as a show this September. Also they revealed the, "Steven Universe Movie."
« Last Edit: 2019-07-21 16:00:51 by MasterXtreme » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #234 on: 2019-08-11 17:27:47 »

That Steven Universe Movie coming out in September looks pretty lame and the music is horrible... they adverts are doing a very poor job.
LovesSneezingApparently
SCM Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #235 on: 2020-01-10 09:03:39 »

OH NO IT EXISTS
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #236 on: 2020-01-10 13:47:03 »

Uhhh... is it any good?  Not comparing it to it's past iteration, but as a standalone show for itself.... is it good?
LovesSneezingApparently
SCM Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #237 on: 2020-01-11 17:41:36 »

It’s probably about what everyone was expecting. ‘Bunch of characters with meme faces acting weird. Pretty standard; I don’t know why you’d watch it over any of its contemporaries.

I’ve never watched ThunderCats, but Roar's premiere is obviously spoofing the mythology, so it’s possible the gags are all much more clever than I can realize as a noob. They repeat one joke at least ten times, so somebody was confident that crap was funny.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-11 17:50:45 by LovesSneezingApparently » Logged
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #238 on: 2020-01-11 22:04:40 »

It will get angry people like people were angry about Teen Titans GO!  Except the stunning truth is.... the original Thundercats wasn't good.  It was dry, lacked character, and had no good story. ;)  Just admit it!
LovesSneezingApparently
SCM Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #239 on: 2020-01-12 15:49:42 »

I have seen people speak highly of the 2011 reboot. ....Except, it seems, for the way it "ended."
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024