PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: First console you owned 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First console you owned  (Read 4270 times)
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2019-10-31 16:45:16 »

My first system was the PS1, which was followed by some legacy consoles prior to that.
Zuki
Rookie

Shadow friend

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2019-11-17 22:31:46 »

.:: My first console was a NES   ::.
Lance

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2019-11-17 22:43:01 »

NES here too.
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2023-02-23 16:48:23 »

The very first system I actually owned as my own was an original Playstation. My parents bought it for me for Christmas with two games!  Spyro and Crash Bandicoot.  It is the system I remember playing and all the classic games.

Before the PSOne, I played some arcade games at arcades, but I was younger then.
Crimson Crest

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2023-02-23 20:37:26 »

For me, the Game Boy. I always loved playing Dragon Warrior Monsters on it, even though I was too young to know what I was doing half the time. :nervoussmile:
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: 2023-02-23 20:41:37 »

I love how early on when playing games, you really didn't know what you were doing, but you still had fun!  You might have never got past level four, but that didn't matter. ;D 
Bloogap

A Dude

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2023-02-24 03:24:51 »

My first (and only) is a Wii. I'm very late to the console party haha

We only got it cause my bro and I liked playing Wii Sports that one time we went to a relative's house
« Last Edit: 2023-02-24 03:25:11 by Bloogap » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2023-02-24 17:21:51 »

Hey, if you can stay away from gaming, the better. ;D  You save a lot of time and money.
Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2023-02-27 08:58:09 »

I'm late as well but It was a gameboy not sure if those are classed as consoles since I was more handheld systems but had a ps2 as well.

I'm Sparky I'm known as a electric rodent :)
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2023-07-22 08:15:05 »

It's fun to see where everyone's gaming experience first started. I go into a lot of retro game stores in Southern California and its fun to browse the selections of consoles and games.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
TheBeesSneeze

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2023-07-22 13:38:07 »

Retro gaming is making a big come back.  People seem to be realizing it's hard to play a lot of old games due to how poorly they've been saved.  Many being locked behind old consoles that no longer work.  There was no preservation.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2023-07-22 15:05:25 »

My first (and only) console was a clone of Famicom, but mimicking the Sega Mega Drive, including the giant three-button controllers, so instead of NES-specific A and B buttons, there were A (named A), turbo-B (named B), and turbo-A (named C). The unability to press single B’s has totally blocked the walkthrough of Chip'n'Dale 2, where the second boss fight required to hold a box for some time instead of throwing it immediately (sad trombone). But of course, the turbo button was useful for shoot'em'ups ;D.
One of my friends (living literally the next door) had two normal Famicom clones (in a shape of real Famicom, but with detachable controllers with long wires just like NES had), one Sega Mega Drive and much bigger library of games, so my own console has quickly became useless ;D. Later, we played our first PC games on his computer and it was a goodbye to console gaming.
Many years later, the interest in some console-born games (mostly the one about a girl with a big knife) have led me to buying the XBox 360 controller, which had the infamous stiff D-pad — not so important in 3D games, so I didn’t pay much attention to this. But a sudden interest in several older 2D platformers and one modern game series (the girl with a high ponytail this time ;D) convinced me to try the XBox One controller, which have much, much better D-pad.
Pages: < 1 [2] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: First console you owned « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024