PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Favorite Disney Movie/s 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Disney Movie/s  (Read 6610 times)
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2016-02-05 21:34:18 »

The animation topic made me think of a question I have for all yall.

What's your favorite disney movie or movies?

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-05 21:41:03 »

Oooohhh. Toughie. I'll have to separate it into Traditional and CG and then overall.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-05 21:44:27 »

Oh go ahead. I was gonna do that but I like to hear others first

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-05 21:54:50 »

Yeah. Gotta make teh list.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-02-05 21:57:21 »

MAKE DAT LIST

~~~~~~~~
HulkbowSMASH

PSF Tourist

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-05-23 18:43:53 »

Zootopia's my current favorite.  It just did so many things right.

The Fox & The Hound was the first I can remember making a big impact on me.  Even the sequel was pretty good (IMO anyway).

And as an unrepentant furry I have to include Robin Hood.  No, not the 1952 version.

While not necessarily favorites, I do have a lot of respect for the early classics like Snow White, Dumbo, and Fantasia.  Incredible amounts of work and skill went into them, and they're still influential today.  I also remember adoring the Herbie movies when I was little, though I can't say how well they'd hold up for me now.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-05-23 18:55:27 »

Haha, you have the same favorites as me! I loved Fox and The Hound as a child, it would be the one I most often wanted to rewatch. Right next to Robin Hood which I rarely got to rewatch because my sister found it "scary". So I only occasionally was able to watch it.

The classics really are amazing, especially that one sequence in Bambi, the "April Showers" bit. Imagine having to animate all those raindrops and then falling and rolling off the leaves. Truly a large amount of dedication went into it. Dumbo was another favorite of mine as a kid, always loved "Baby Mine". Tarzan was another one that stood out to me. I feel I love it because of the connection I feel with it and my dad. We had the music cd for all the songs, and he'd play it when he'd take us places. Of course, "I'll be in Your Heart" was one of his favorites and it was on more than one occasion repeated.

HulkbowSMASH

PSF Tourist

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-05-24 21:37:35 »

Well clearly you have great taste. :D And some great memories associated with them.  I was a teen when F&H came out, and Disney was definitely uncool at that age, but I really wanted to go see it for some reason.  And I absolutely loved it.  Copper was kind of a dick but I adored Tod.  The trivia section on IMDB has some neat tidbits too (like, Vixey's animation was by Tim Burton).   Robin Hood never even crossed my radar until the '90s when I'd run across that dreaded fandom, and didn't bother seeing it for several more years 'cause I thought it'd be dumb.  Once I finally did I could see the derivative elements but...somehow it worked.  It grew on me with repeat viewings.  What were the scary parts for your sister?

Yeah, despite the reputation Walt had, his company sure put out some beautiful work.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-05-24 23:18:14 »

When it comes to the classics, mine is and always will be Sword in the Stone, for reasons previously stated in the Children thread.

As for favorite overall, The Incredibles of course.

~~~~~~~~
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-05-26 05:38:16 »

The Incredibles is right up there, but I also have to consider many of the classics too.  The Loin King is a modern classic. 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-05-27 11:05:47 »

I've actually never seen Sword in the Stone before :( Never seen Pete's Dragon either...

I think my favorites are a little odd choices. I like Atlantis: the Lost Empire, Fun and Fancy Free, and I remember loving Fox and the Hound. Lion King, Tarzan, and Mulan are up high on my list too :)

Speaking of Mulan, does anyone remember the sneeze gag joke that Mushu trolled Mulan with? It still makes me laugh XDD
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-05-27 11:06:49 »

Yes! I remember that gag XD

It still makes me laugh to this day. Mushu was such a troll.

mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-05-27 11:14:16 »

Mushu was an all around fun character to listen to, let alone watch. Mulan was very, very different with her role as a female Disney character. She was a game changer. That sneeze gag made me wish she would have sneezed...seriously though, Mulan was a great movie :D

Another sneeze not many remember is Bambi himself when he was younger. Sadly, the sneeze happened in a movie that is a sequel...prequel...whatever you want to call Bambi II. Another sneeze that happened in a lesser-popular sequel happened with The Hunchback of Notre Dame. The voice actress of the main girl character sneezes and it's honestly a fun scene in general. The gargoyles reveal themselves with that scene because of politeness XD. It also is interesting that the voice actress is the same lady that is Ghost Whisperer...I can't remember her name exactly but she's a very pretty lady.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-06-26 21:41:36 »

Watched "Inside Out" the other day by myself, alone, on the couch. 

It was really good.  I love the perspective.  A rather cliche moving from your hometown to a new place story, but told from a totally unique perspective.  The animation and visuals were nothing short of brilliant. 
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-06-26 21:51:41 »

Does Avengers count?
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Favorite Disney Movie/s « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024