PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Everything about Transformers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Transformers  (Read 3206 times)
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« on: 2021-05-15 13:31:46 »

Since there are ALOT of different Transformers stuff, comics, cartoon series, movies, games.  I'll makw this new topic in the tv/films since i'm more used to those.
I ended up being hooked by the era of Transformers Armada, that unfortunately many TF fans kinda dislike for what ever reasons, I know it was no where near perfect, but i really enjoyed it and have been tf nerd since then. That is also where my name comes from, because i connected the most with Nemesis Prime character, even thou he only was in one episode, but there was something that hit me deep and i've kinda taken the character and reworked him into roleplayable character.
I dont know for sure, but some of you might atleast know those Transformers movies by Bay, with all explosions and slow motion shots  :))
There is also very awesome series Transformers Prime, it is quite beginner friendly, so if you have never had anything to do with Transformers i would warmly suggest giving it a chance.
Sidenote, if you're waiting any sneezy stuff, unfortunately you have to go practically directly to fan art.

I love to talk about Transformers, so ask me anything that might trouble your mind and i'll do my best to find answers  :))

EDIT:
I'll leave link for comic of Transformers and My little pony worlds merging together, incase you're interested to read.
Click for issue 1 HERE
Click for issue 2 HERE
« Last Edit: 2021-08-31 13:18:28 by Nemesis Prime » Logged

PM me for want free art! Everybody is welcome to request~

If you want to learn more about "my" Nemesis Prime as RP character click
Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2021-05-16 03:01:26 »

I know this isn't exactly trouble minded but since here what was your favourite transformers, I would have to say mine was the Old tranformers g1, and I have seen the recent transformers like transformers prime and the movies cause I was a transformers fan myself. unfortunately it just isn't aired where I am anymore it seems.

I'm Sparky I'm known as a electric rodent :)
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2021-05-16 05:46:45 »

I know this isn't exactly trouble minded but since here what was your favourite transformers, I would have to say mine was the Old tranformers g1, and I have seen the recent transformers like transformers prime and the movies cause I was a transformers fan myself. unfortunately it just isn't aired where I am anymore it seems.
It's fine!
My favorite series gotta be Prime series, i just loved about everything in it since it was bit more seriously toned, but there still was bunch of comedy part, so it was fun and pretty heartbreaking at times. The animation style and character designs were bit something i needed to get used to at first but later it just got better and better.
I do also love Armada series, not just because it was my "childhood" series, but i really liked the drawn animation, story was a little ehh, since it was basically "collect all the mini-cons", but since i'm also a pokemon fan and a collector/hoarder i really enjoyed it. It was fun to see which kind of mini-con we gonna find in the next episode. :)) But there was also some character build with some characters so there was little bit more than just "beat the bad guys and take the mini-con".
I have watched some G1 series too and it's just so crazy at times that it's hilarious, but i've never watched the whole series, there is only so much my mind can take until i get like "Ok, THAT is so nuts that i need a break now" then it lasts until i get the idea back like "i should try to finish the series".
I have seen the G1 movie thou and it's something I dont usually go back to unless there is someone who hasnt seen it and wants to watch it, mainly because of spoiler reasons  :-X

That is awesome to hear that there is atleast another TF fan here!
There isnt any transformers series aired in my country either, but that doesnt stop me from looking up some websites that still have some full series  ^-^
Thou i havent watched anything lately, sometimes i go back to watch Prime or Armada or the old RID. Or the Bay movies, thou from those i usually just watch the first one.

Do you have favorite characters?
Are you more Autobot or Decepticon fan?

For myself, i'm kinda in the grey area, i cant count myself as Autobot or Decepticon, since i like characters from both sides and there is good and bad in both sides, so i really cant decide  :nervoussmile:

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2021-05-16 14:13:47 »

I can't say I've ever really watched Transformers.  Even with the 80's cartoons, I never watched those.  I haven't seen a single Transformers movie either.  My knowledge of the series is pretty much Optimus Prime, Autobots and Decepticons, and Bumblebee being a Camaro.   That is it. ;D

I'm glad you are sharing your favorite series and hopefully more have that same enjoyment!
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2021-05-16 14:50:27 »

I can't say I've ever really watched Transformers.  Even with the 80's cartoons, I never watched those.  I haven't seen a single Transformers movie either.  My knowledge of the series is pretty much Optimus Prime, Autobots and Decepticons, and Bumblebee being a Camaro.   That is it. ;D

I'm glad you are sharing your favorite series and hopefully more have that same enjoyment!
It's never too late to start! But yeah, it's not for everyone's cup of tea, but it doesnt mean that if you havent seen a single series, you cant be a fan. I mean you do know some characters, that's already something!  :))
I could say i'm pretty much tailgating Optimus, since if there is Optimus I wont be far behind, especially if he is voiced by Peter Cullen, who is the voice of Optimus Prime, atleast in most of the series. I just love his voice <3 Thou i do understand people dont live forever and i'm not against getting like another voice actor for Optimus, but as long as we still have Cullen in our world, i would very much prefer hearing him as the leader of Autobots.
Thou for example, in Armada Optimus's voice is Gary Chalk (i think that is how it was written) And he does wonderful job! Trying to imagine Cullen acting Armada Optimus would feel kinda off, since the Armada version of Optimus, feels like a bit more young, reckless and sometimes even silly, while Cullen's voice fits so much better with more serious toned stuff.
I just dont like it that in the netflix series of Transformers they got like completely new actor, who basically tries to just mimic Cullen's voice and it really hurts the character, since the person can hardly do any other change in the voice than anger, so he sounds really monotone or yelling and that's just not what Optimus is supposed to be like, so i'm pretty much boycotting the netflix series, especially after i heard that Netflix didnt take the original voice actors of Optimus and Megatron just because they belong in the labor union, meaning Netflix didnt want to pay them fairly, but instead they just hired random person to do mimic job. I wouldnt be so ticked off of it, if they had then just gone and taken new person and letting them do their own Optimus voice, but instead they just wanted to get cheaper versions of the original actors.

Sorry for the random rant  :nervoussmile:

Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2021-05-17 01:10:45 »

I can agree there the g1 series was a bit much at times but I personally enjoyed it and tbf at times do miss watching the older episodes, I like most transformers series, movies etc.

I'm personally in the same boat really I haven't decided on a side kinda like bumblebee in an episode where didn't have a side originally, I would have to say every character is unique and that's what makes it stand out as well so I would have to say I'm in a grey area I simply can't decide but honestly there both good and bad, might even have to binge watch some if I can find the episodes and relive the moments.   

Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2021-05-17 11:03:43 »

Have you ever played any Transformers games? They have made few games from series, thou I would have kinda hoped to have atleast some more series included stories, most of them are kinda their own stories, but have series designs. I do love the Armada game on PS2, i keep going there from time to time just to mess around since you can drive, shoot and collect stuff even if you have beaten the game. I also like the one game that is made from the Bay movies, again I love to mess around, causing chaos as Optimus, tossing some giant donuts and stuff from the roof of buildings and drive away from the enemies just for fun. :))
There is also the G1 game Devastation, I have it on steam, but I think they had to take it down from steam because their licensing problems or something, which is a shame coz that is fun game too and has the nice look of G1 series, so it's super pretty.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2021-05-17 17:58:26 »

There is always time in the future, you are right.  Maybe. :D

No promises though.  I'm pretty strapped for time usually, lol.
Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2021-05-18 20:36:04 »

I think I have played games from the transformers franchise but unfortunately since it was a long time ago I can't remember the name but it was a ps2 game I loved it and I even still trying playing it on these new gen systems.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2021-05-19 09:13:18 »

I think I have played games from the transformers franchise but unfortunately since it was a long time ago I can't remember the name but it was a ps2 game I loved it and I even still trying playing it on these new gen systems.

I’m a big fan of transformers too. I was in love with War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron for a very long time. I still have Fall on my PS4. Sadly it’s not available for purchase anymore but the shelves of my room and living room still have a lot of transformers on display.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: 2021-05-19 09:57:38 »

I’m a big fan of transformers too. I was in love with War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron for a very long time. I still have Fall on my PS4. Sadly it’s not available for purchase anymore but the shelves of my room and living room still have a lot of transformers on display.
Cool!
Those are great games, i have them on steam, since my "newest" console is Nintendo Wii, can you imagine.  :))
But i play alot on pc, sometime i go back to those and have some fun.

You got any favorite character? 

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2021-05-19 10:28:46 »

Cool!
Those are great games, i have them on steam, since my "newest" console is Nintendo Wii, can you imagine.  :))
But i play alot on pc, sometime i go back to those and have some fun.

You got any favorite character?

Lol it’s in my name.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: 2021-05-19 12:29:05 »

Lol it’s in my name.
Ooh, so it was a Transformers related! I was wondering for a while like "Could it be?"  ;D

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2021-05-19 16:57:20 »

Blurr is a transformers related name?  I thought you were just misspelling Blur this entire time. ;D  <<<V>>>
« Last Edit: 2021-05-19 16:57:40 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2021-05-19 18:26:02 »

Blurr is a transformers related name?  I thought you were just misspelling Blur this entire time. ;D  <<<V>>>

Nope. For the longest time my icon WAS Blurr the transformer just a pony version of him

~~~~~~~~
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Everything about Transformers « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024