PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cars 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cars 3  (Read 23295 times)
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #90 on: 2017-01-07 12:20:55 »

Which can be a smart marketing plan, but it can be disastrous if no one cares. 
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #91 on: 2017-01-10 12:23:32 »

Here we go.  An official new trailer that extends the first trailer.  This will probably be an interesting story they plan to tell, and it fits in line with what many of you were expecting.

This story comes just as some of NASCAR's legends like Jeff Gordon retire, Tony Stewart, and soon Dale Earnhardt Jr.  Interesting timing.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #92 on: 2017-01-10 13:05:33 »

The story, and a compelling story that everyone must ask at some stage in their life.  It may be a great story idea, but it will only be good if they can answer it in a good way. And to everyone that answer will be different... but we will see what McQueen's answer will be.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #93 on: 2017-01-10 13:09:10 »

Interesssttttiiiinnnk.  *Pretends to be stroking a neck beard.*
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #94 on: 2017-01-10 14:18:48 »

Cars being deep? Please.
I'll eat my dog if they even get it close to well done.
It just seems dumb. So many other ways they could have told the story honestly.
But freaking cars? No one cares about the characters enough for us to actually care about the dilemma they're going through.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #95 on: 2017-01-10 16:40:35 »

I care... I CARE.  I am interested and want to see how they will handle this situation.  Maybe it will be humbling for Lightning McQueen, who in the first movie, was somewhat of a jackass. So I would like to see him humbled and further learn what Doc Hudson had started teaching him.  You don't need to be the fastest and newest, but smarts is key too. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #96 on: 2017-01-10 16:47:04 »

I'm not writing this off.  I feel Pixar realizes Cars 2 was a joke, and they are going to make things right.  Take more the in their approach from Cars 1 and the world building and storyline. 

I think this is a topic, especially in kids films, that is rarely, if ever touched upon.  I think more parents will get this story then kids, and I for one, look forward to seeing what Pixar will do.

I care too. 
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #97 on: 2017-01-10 17:27:54 »

Eh. We'll see. 

I will say so far, this premise is better then the second movie. 
« Last Edit: 2017-01-10 17:28:14 by Wolfwood » Logged
Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #98 on: 2017-01-21 12:10:57 »

I dunno about you guys but I loved the Cars 3 trailer, lol. XD

I saw Cars 2 at some point a year ago or two and I wasn't all that impressed. Cars 3 is my Cars 2... :D

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #99 on: 2017-02-16 22:58:34 »

I hope Cars 3 is good.  I didn't see Cars 2, but just from the ads I remembering seeing, it looked like a horrible flop.  Too bad they cannot erase that film and pretend it never happened.

It comes out, June 16, 2017. 
« Last Edit: 2017-02-16 22:59:22 by Rainberry » Logged

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #100 on: 2017-02-27 17:18:49 »

New extended trailer was released.

Lightning McQueen seemingly has to work harder for his next racing competition. The new extended teaser of "Cars 3", titled "Next Generation", offers a look at an aging Lightning McQueen (voiced by Owen Wilson) who has to struggle to join future competition with much younger racing cars.

The first part of the teaser shows a pitch-black lavish car who has been introduced as Jackson Storm. Storm, who will also serve as the movie's bad guy, is featured competing in Daytona 500's festivities. "New generation is coming," reads the line in the teaser. "They're better, stronger, faster."

The scene later switches into a part in which McQueen suffers a serious accident. To get back in the game, McQueen will need the help of an eager young race technician with her own plan to win, inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. "You will never be the racer you once were," a voiceover says. "You can't turn back the clock, kid. But you can wind it up again."

Besides featuring Jackson Storm, "Cars 3" will also feature another new character named Cruz Ramirez (voiced by Cristela Alonzo). An all yellow, 2017 CRS Sports Coupe, Ramirez is McQueen's fan as well as his trainer.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #101 on: 2017-02-27 17:27:01 »

Lol you give a detail detailing but also provide the video? So strange lol.

Sounds interesting. But why a bad guy? The new generation isn't "the bad guy". Like, I feel there shouldn't be a need for a "bad guy". So aggravating.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #102 on: 2017-03-01 08:13:04 »

Auto racing is known for its "heels".  I think Danica Patrick is trying to become the "diva" of the speedway, what with her "accidents" and her periodic bitch-fits. And you can't say anything bad about her, or else folks get up in arms.   I mean, damn, like the man said, I never missed  Jimmy Spencer so much in my life, you could say whatever you wanted to  'bout him.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #103 on: 2017-03-01 14:30:34 »

I don't think the new cars are going to be "bad guys" but a new threat to the older cars.  The new cars might not have the same respect level to the older "veterans" like how YOUNG PEOPLE are today. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #104 on: 2017-03-01 14:33:09 »

But again. The younger generation isn't a threat. Older people see them as a "threat" because they don't want to progress.

Why respect someone who can just drive in a circle? ;P
« Last Edit: 2017-03-01 14:34:10 by Death Blossom » Logged

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cars 3 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024