PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: World News 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: World News  (Read 298146 times)
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1335 on: 2021-09-28 22:48:14 »

It might be difficult and take awhile for the parties to work together and come up with a coalition.  They've been at each others necks far more than usual from the news stories I follow.  But then again, the media likes to make things sound more wild then they actually are sometimes.  Anything for clicks...
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1336 on: 2021-09-28 23:07:38 »

You are welcome Kiku, but you've really shared the most about this.  No one here would be talking about it unless you didn't bring it to light.  It's good for people to know more about the world around them and have a safe, good conversation like we are having here. 
kiku

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1337 on: 2021-09-29 11:46:19 »

Thanks, @Graymist, I'm glad if I can shed some light on certain topics, although I'm really not an expert!  ;D I agree that it's good to have conversations like this from time to time. We may live in different countries, but after all the world is not *that* big... We are all affected in some way by things that happen everywhere. It gets more and more difficult to think, "That's far away, what do I care..." I have to remind myself all the time of that fact.

Avatar: Idea and drawing by Nemesis Prime
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #1338 on: 2021-11-15 16:14:24 »

Terrorist Attack At Liverpool Women's Hospital Raises UK Terror Level.

Three Arrested Under Terrorism Act Following Deadly UK Hospital Blast, No Descriptions Given.

Poland Calls For NATO Help In Border Crisis With Belarus.

Poland Warns Migrants Massed on Border ‘Force May Be Used Against You’.

EU approves fresh sanctions on Belarus over ‘illegal push of migrants’ but provides no actual help...

Russia Deploys Commandos to Belarus as Migrant Crisis, Ukraine Tensions Spark Western Fears...

Putin Says No Need to Escalate Black Sea Tensions With NATO, Rejects Snap Drills.

Royal Dutch Shell Ditches the Dutch, Moves to London.

Protests Against Sudan Military Coup Continue, Become Violent...

US journalist freed from Myanmar jail after 11 years in custody.

High Winds, heavy Rain, and Flooding Threaten the Pacific Northwest As Another Atmospheric River Dampens Region.

Storms Hit Canada's West Coast, Cause Mass Phone Outages...

In Response To Hostile Chinese Actions, Vietnam Continues Construction On 3 South China Sea Islands...

France has been flying slightly different flag, and no one noticed.

UK and France reach agreement to ‘prevent 100% of Channel crossings’.

Germany considering making COVID test or vaccine mandatory for public transport...

Europe Enters Another Surge In COVID-19 Cases, Austria locks Down Unvaccinated, and Netherlands Reimposes Restrictions...

Finnish Politician Facing Six Year Prison Sentence For Sharing Christian Beliefs With Others, Garners Support Among US Republican Party.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #1339 on: 2022-01-11 07:48:09 »

On a lighter note, a lot of Covid babies are turning two years old this month.

...You know, because the lockdowns began in March/April 2019, depending on where you live, and uh, well, folks had to find something to do to keep themselves busy, so....    :-]

(I wonder if there are actually any numbers on that out there?  I mean, did hospitals report a particularly huge influx of births during late 2019/early 020, and then stop a moment to do the math?.... "Duh... seven, eight... er, nine...." :nervoussmile:)

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1340 on: 2022-01-11 16:08:21 »

Well, the US census came out in 2020.... and the US Census estimates by the states should be out for 2021.... so we might be getting data on that fairly quickly.
Bumble

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1341 on: 2022-01-26 22:26:00 »

So what do you all predict will happen with Ukraine and Russia? I know there are bigger picture things with China watching, US and NATO strength, and even North Korea.  But let's keep the scope purely within Ukraine and Russia if possible. 

« Last Edit: 2022-01-26 22:26:14 by Bumble » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1342 on: 2022-01-26 22:39:18 »

I have been waiting to answer this.

If Russia does decide to invade, I predict they will go as far west as the Dnieper River.  East of that it is much more pro-Russian with a large Russian minority.  West of the river, tensions will degrade.  As well, Russia would be knocking on the eastern suburbs of Kyiv and possibly have control of the government and media if they were able to get that far. 

Strategically this is important because it would add more coastal area for military/navy growth for Russia along the Black Sea.  Russia's blue water access to water is very very limited with the only area they can enter the blue sea in the Arctic or their far eastern hinterlands. Ukraine would also add to their energy sector and increase Russia's population.  But they will still have a hard time with insurgency and calming the populace to their needs.

Further, Russia will be smacked by tougher sanctions economically and build a further Iron Curtain, to the likes we haven't seen since the Cold War.  Think of this as the Cold War 2.  Europe would not want to trade with Russia and the dividing lines between the east and west would be firmly drawn. Russia relies more on Europe than Europe relies on Russia.  If Europe were to cut off their supply of natural gas and energy from Russia, that would further screw Russia's economy.  But Germany heavily relies on Russian energy and has said they would provide no support with NATO at this time (that may change when they wake up).  France and Britain are not dependent on Russian energy.  If Europe cut exports and imports from Russia, this would halt Russia's economy. 

Russia would need to get imports from someplace else.... China.  Note how silent China has been about this whole ordeal.  China would help prop Russia up economically, but not the same level and Russia would be devalued to unskilled labor exports such as heavy industrial and industry.  Their economy would theoretically go backwards a bit in the short term. 

So I predict if they attack, Ukraine would be split along the Dnieper.  It will be tough to maintain the eastern half for Russia and they would want to take as much coastal land along the Black Sea they could.  Ukraine's military would provide (hopefully) strong resistance and no matter what it would be a sad and bloody war.  Unless morale tanks in the Ukraine ranks, I would hope Ukraine could put up a good fight and make it difficult, not lose territory really fast. 

But in the end, Russia has the more advanced and bigger military right now between the two nations.  And with no help in sight for Ukraine, and the US having to keep forces prepped for China-Taiwan, Russia is free to do as she pleases.  Europe will do nothing.  No one wants war and Putin knows that.  China knows that.

What is left of Ukraine in the wet will be so fractured and war worried, that it might be hard to keep the government in control.  Other nations around Ukraine will need to worry.  I don't think Putin will attack from Belarus into Ukraine unless he uses it as a ruse to pull Ukrainian troops away from the east. 

That's all I got. 
« Last Edit: 2022-01-26 22:39:50 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1343 on: 2022-01-27 00:05:59 »

If Russia does decide to invade, I predict they will go as far west as the Dnieper River. 

That is the short answer.  But I just don't see the reasoning for Russia's actions here.  I know Russia's leadership want's to relive the Soviet days, but to cause all this commotion around the world for it?  I don't think ANYONE wants to go to war after such a horrible 2020 and still living with the effects of the global pandemic.  And think of all the risks.  If Russia's struggles, fails, or it takes way longer than they expect, they are going to lose support with the populace.

This is just bad all around.  Not to mention the weakness (as usual) from the European country's and their willingness to show support and sanction Russia.  The US is in it's weakest state since under Obama's presidency and really isn't in a position here other than to save face and for democracy.  Because in all honesty, they isn't the US's war to get into.  This is something for Europe and Ukraine to solve... but we've seen what happens when Europe tries to solve things (two world wars).  :(  There is truly nothing good that can come from any of this. 

It's so unlikely, but I hope Russia backs off realizing all the cons that will come from this. 

Also I realize Russia doesn't want more members to NATO that are knocking on their door... but taking over Ukraine and it's government is way worse than any new NATO member.  All former Soviet States, especially the Balkans, should be worried in the longer-term future.
« Last Edit: 2022-01-27 00:10:50 by Grapefoot » Logged

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1344 on: 2022-02-02 16:09:31 »

Defiant Putin Declares That West Has Ignored Russia’s Security Concerns.

Ukraine Cautiously Hopes For Calm.

US to move more troops to NATO's eastern flank amid Russia-Ukraine situation.

Russian Troop Buildup Around Ukraine Over 120,000, Biggest Deployment Since USSR.

Trudeau, In Hiding From Protesters, Once Urged Canadians To ‘Thank A Trucker’.

Critics mock 'puppet' Trudeau for fleeing capital during truckers protest: 'Tyrant on the run'.

Justin Trudeau moved to secret location during Canada vax protests.

Canada's Justin Trudeau gets COVID-19, as vaccine mandate protests go on.

Upwards of 50,000 Join Trucker Protest In Ottawa

Erin O'Toole forced out as Conservative leader in Canada.

North Korea broke moratorium on long-range missile launches...

US asks UN to meet on North Korea missile that can reach US.

China leans into zero-COVID strategy before Olympics with lockdowns, tight bubble...

Handful of European Countries End COVID Restrictions.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1345 on: 2022-02-14 14:03:23 »

So now we got a news break from the purveyors of fake news; CNN.  They claim insider sources have told them that Russia will invade Ukraine on Sep 16.  Wednesday.

Thoughts?  Do we believe this coming from the source it comes from? Strangely, CNN has removed the article since posting it. Instead we have this info now Ukraine president says he's been told Russia will attack Wednesday.

Is this info released by the Russian government as a tool for further talks to get more of what they want?
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1346 on: 2022-02-15 13:06:39 »

I truly have no idea what will happen.  It's not good whatever it is. :-\  This is obviously a way Putin can produce as much fear as possible and create instability.  Then maybe when things are unstable he will role in and say he is providing "stability" to the people of Ukraine.  I don't know.  :-\  It doesn't help so much of Europe is reliant on his energy.  He and Xi signed a deal that within the next ten years, Russia will provide energy with China, which would no longer make Russia tied to Europe for energy exports.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1347 on: 2022-02-15 23:32:17 »

Well today is Feb 16 in Ukraine right now.... and so far nothing has happened.  It is hopefully a case of CNN making up fake news as they always do.  They've been lying for years.  I was reading from a news outlet in Poland and they were reporting that a person close to Ukraine's Pres. Zelesky (spell?) doesn't think Russia will invade on the 16th.  Ukraine has been adamant that Russia won't launch an invasion for awhile saying that intel the west is getting is wrong. 

That being said, many Ukrainian government websites have been hacked and taken offline by Russian hackers on Tuesday and it goes on right now as we speak.  Possibly a diversion to some real sinister stuff going on in the background.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1348 on: 2022-02-15 23:44:21 »

CANADA TRUCK PROTESTS and TRUDEAU

I didn't want to include this in the same post, but we've all been witnesses the Trucker protests in Canada including the big one in Ottawa and the other ones near the Montana border and the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit.  I have been watching livestreams almost daily of the protest in Ottawa from a YT channel called Ottawalks.  Since it began I have never seen anything bad go on, nor have I read from any sources anything bad occurring other than at one time a leftist drove their car into a crowd and was arrested. 

The media is painting the picture that these truckers are all right-wing and anti-vax.  But this isn't the case.  It's Canadian's standing up for their freedoms against the Canadian government and their mandates and shift towards a more left-wing authoritarianism, more government control, less freedoms for the people of Canada. 

Now of course the right, the Republicans, and Independents in the USA had strongly supported the trucker protest, including now even donating more money to the cause than Canadian's have according to a CTV news article I read.  The truckers have several blocks of downtown Ottawa blocked off around Canada's Parliament.

Now Prime Minister Trudeau has enacted for the first time in Canada's history and emergency act to allow him to use the army and national police to bully and arrest any protesters (who are pretty much just standing around with signs).  Trudeau is being slammed by the Canadian Conservative Party as well as from his own Liberal Party members for taking such drastic measures.  Trudeau has called upon Canadian Banks to BLOCK protesters from accessing their bank accounts, terminating truckers licenses, and forcefully having companies terminate employee's involved in the protest.

This is clearly sick and wrong.  How do you have a government system that first of all allows such measures to be taken with no checks and balances?  This is authoritarian and wrong!  Freezing and blocking people from their own bank accounts?  This is sick!  Terminating their trucking licenses?  What the heck?  Trudeau has been going at this wrong since the beginning when he first called out the truckers as "fringe" and wrong. He never even took the time to talk and listen to their concerns.  They went from being "essential workers" and heroes to the enemy of Trudeau... they've been classified as domestic terrorists in a way.  Trudeau has been a laughing stock of a leader since he first became Prime Minster.  No one around the world takes him seriously and he has hurt Canada and their position in the world.  The Canadian people are starting to wake up, and national polls done from within the country and showing more people supporting the trucker protest.  It isn't just about vaccines, it's about the will of the people, the freedom of the people, and Canada's liberty... AND that is something all Canadian's should stand behind.  Trudeau isn't there for the good of Canada, just his own elite wing of leftists.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-15 23:49:41 by RainySunshine » Logged
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1349 on: 2022-02-18 14:35:30 »

It's sick and wrong what Trudeau is doing to Canadians.  Blocking bank accounts and cancelling truckers and people who donate to causes.  He even called a Jewish MP a "nazi" and has called all in the Canadian conversation party nazi's and considerate flag flyers.  He's a real loon.

-----------

As well, Russia is not to be trusted.  They've lied so many times prior to these evens and are lying now saying they won't invade, having troop withdrawals, meanwhile they are doing the opposite.

Russia's government this week declared the Donbas region of Ukraine a "independent country."  So now there are Ukraine troops already in this region, which is Ukraine's, but since Russia declared it independent, they are claiming the Ukrainian troops are their illegally and threatening the people and it's sovereignty.  Russia will use this as a reason to send in troops to "restore" order.  Russian "Ukrainian Rebels" have already shelled a preschool with bombs and are blaming Ukraine.

This is all a false flag army attack in the making.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-18 14:36:36 by Kiwi » Logged
Pages: < 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: World News « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024