PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: World News 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 98 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: World News  (Read 298072 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: 2016-05-08 00:02:06 »

I've been following it somewhat.  I can't imagine how horrible it would be to lose everything. :-/ 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #61 on: 2016-05-12 00:08:21 »

Welcome to the new generation of America where middle class shrinks and families are shrinking... yet becoming bigger?  Read one below!

Multi-generational living on the rise.

Incomes have fallen in four fifths of U.S. cities.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #62 on: 2016-05-18 14:32:10 »

36 years ago today, the biggest volcanic eruption on American soil in recent memory occurred.

Mt. Saint Helens in Washington State erupted, killing just over 50 people.  The ash clouds circled the globe and left portions of the region blanketed in ash.  New reports show an increase in earthquakes around Mt. Saint Helens, and scientists monitoring the volcano (with some of the most high tech gear in the world, seriously, this volcano is hooked up with gear), they say the volcano is building up magma again, though they doubt it will erupt anytime soon.  More concerns are being shown as other nearby volcanos, Rainier, also in Washington, and Mt. Hood, in Oregon, have also seen increased earthquake swarms.  Could there be a major Pacific Northwest event brewing?

Extra reading: http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2016/05/36_years_ago_mount_st_helens_e.html
http://www.kgw.com/news/local/swarm-of-small-quakes-hitting-mount-hood/196573876?c=n
http://www.infowars.com/major-eruption-imminent-earthquake-swarms-reported-at-mt-hood-mt-rainier-and-mt-st-helens/
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #63 on: 2016-05-18 14:35:55 »

That wouldn't be good. :-/  I know Mt. St. Helens was huge. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #64 on: 2016-05-18 14:39:39 »

I figured it was a pretty big deal, so I would post something on it.  Especially since earthquakes are all the rage in conversation right now on the West Coast.  Earthquakes and volcanos kind of go hand in hand.

We also have the collapse of Venezuela right now, another buzzing by the Russian military of an America ship and possibly Putin wanting to make more moves in the Balkins.  We also have increased military aggression against the U.S. by China too.  So lots of bad things going on. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #65 on: 2016-05-18 14:40:44 »

So much going on. :-/  I don't like the continued aggression by countries against the US.  I feel it is because they think we have weak leadership. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #66 on: 2016-05-18 15:37:31 »

So Russia's trying to bust a move and reclaim its old friends the Baltic's? Wait, *rereads that* the Balkins? Not sure whether to think you mean the Baltic States or the Balkan States. Or is there actually something called the Balkins... *goes to look it up* I get a fixed search for Balkans. But huh, I didn't know Putin would be interested in those countries.

But yeah, seems a lot of aggression against America. Hm, because they think we're weak... My friend tells me Russia and Germany like Trump and his... Trump-ness. I wonder how other countries will freak if Trump actually succeeds.

It does appear we are in some difficult times, but then again, in recent times, when haven't we been?

yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #67 on: 2016-05-19 03:29:38 »

I don't like the continued aggression by countries against the US.  I feel it is because they think we have weak leadership.

Russia and China's stunts are much better understood as domestic plays, showmanship for the benefit of their own polities.  Both are trying to convince their population (or maintain their conviction) that they are beset by enemies and require the continued "strong leadership" of their current leaders.  Which is of course a crock.

The ebb and flow of geopolitical power has more to do with institutions than "strong" or "weak" figurehead leaders.

@LP:
Putin's interested in using the memory of a powerful USSR to help maintain his position as de facto dictator.  All those wretched countries that split from Russia when the USSR unraveled are fair game in his eyes, at least as targets for rhetoric and bluster.

In the face of a refugee crisis, Germany, along with many other European countries, is politically shifting towards the poisoned chalice of nationalism, and is even developing a charming little faction of fascists.  Apparently 70 years is long enough to forget anything.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #68 on: 2016-05-19 06:49:52 »

Were the Balkans part of the USSR? I thought it was the Baltics, Ukraine, Belarus, and a few other smaller countries, like Moldova. Hence my confusion. It'd make sense if Putin were targeting the Baltics, since they were part of the USSR. Putin, what a magnificent bastard. He knows how to push other countries leaders buttons. I recall my friends AP history classes and my Economics classes had quite a few discussions about him.

Mm, frightening thoughts really...
« Last Edit: 2016-05-19 06:50:24 by LP » Logged

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #69 on: 2016-05-19 11:33:04 »

Were the Balkans part of the USSR? I thought it was the Baltics, Ukraine, Belarus, and a few other smaller countries, like Moldova. Hence my confusion. It'd make sense if Putin were targeting the Baltics, since they were part of the USSR. Putin, what a magnificent bastard. He knows how to push other countries leaders buttons. I recall my friends AP history classes and my Economics classes had quite a few discussions about him.

Mm, frightening thoughts really...

Yes, some Balkan states were part of the Iron Curtain, USSR control.  Wiki read!!

We also now just got word of an Egyptian airplane with 66 people on board went down.  Greek, Egyptian, and US authorities are searching for the wreckage and it seems that foul play was involved. 

quite honestly, I think Europe is going to explode again.  We got the EU struggling with countries like Spain, Portugal, and Greece, then of course we got NATO not wanting to be too forceful on Russia incase of all out war breaking loose.  We also have Russia's aggression, their support with other unsavory nations, and we have Germany growing more and more radical in terms of racism and fascism.  Yes, the re-rise of the German Nazi party.  Did I even mention the continued flow of emigrants into the EU.  Nations once accepting these people with open arms are quickly retreating on that message as places like France, the Netherlands, Sweden, and others quickly are seeing violence outbreaks and anger among the citizens.  Emigrants bring cultural baggage after all. 
« Last Edit: 2016-05-19 11:37:58 by Silverwing » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #70 on: 2016-05-20 03:11:32 »

The Mediterranean is not that deep.  I am surprised the wreckage has not yet been found. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #71 on: 2016-05-20 04:37:08 »

*Opens newspaper.*

Lets see what glorious news we have today, shall we?

China denies shipping marinated human flesh to Africa.

Rare photos of Hitler he wanted no one to see.

TV reporter poops on persons lawn.

Naked women perform "Tempest" in Central Park.

England's National Health Service (NHS) says eating poop will cure diseases.

Sounds like we got a great deal of news here today...  *Lowers head in shame.*
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #72 on: 2016-05-20 07:12:27 »

O_o and I thought you were playing around with the link names and the actual news reports, but holy shit they're all actual news reports. What the heck is up with the world!?

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #73 on: 2016-05-20 07:16:30 »

We've really hit the crapper today.

Pun intended.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #74 on: 2016-05-24 13:00:58 »

I feel this isn't even worthy of a post in "World News."  But it is shocking and shows just how stupid people are.

Girl has sex with 2 dozen students in Florida.

Like seriously....
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 98 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: World News « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024