PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Streaming Services Show Discussions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Streaming Services Show Discussions  (Read 23752 times)
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: 2020-02-04 21:43:44 »

Well they might because the people behind HSK were thinking of doing more such as potential spin offs, but despite that, plans for more of the 2018 Harvey Girls series have not been written down as of now.

But it is a surprise that the HSK series finale took some inspirations from a Little Lotta comic.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-04 21:50:30 by DEEcat98 » Logged
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: 2020-02-05 09:08:54 »

Oh, not that much of a surprise, really.  Most of the writers probably grew up reading the classic comics, and it shows in episodes like "Scare Bud", or the brief appearances of a Baby Huey-like character.

For example, Little Dot had an uncle in the comics who was an inventor, so maybe this version inherited a few brains from him, as well as his penchant for making gadgets.

DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: 2020-02-05 09:38:38 »

There was a Hornacorn in Harvey Street Kids that looked like Baby Huey.
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: 2020-03-11 18:19:33 »

If a Harvey Street Kids/Harvey Girls Forever sequel series gets made. Here is what I want it to be as it is said and shown here:

https://www.mycast.io/stories/harvey-girls-forever-follow-up-sequel-show

I honestly hope it happens especially with some things in the 2018-2020 show that didn’t get resolved such as:

- Richie Rich’s original home street which would be where he originally came from
- The raccoons changing their ways properly (the episode Raccoon Hoarder Picture Show revealed their true reasons to steal)
- Audrey’s missing father who was not seen in the finale
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: 2020-03-12 08:36:21 »

It might be interesting to see a sequel with more of Richies's supporting cast-- his parents, Cadbury the butler, cousin Regggie, Mayda Munny, Prof. Keenbeen, Bascombe the driver... and of course Gloria. 

I wonder if her updated design would borrow aspects of both previous incarnations of the character... and who would be their pick to voice her?

DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: 2020-03-12 09:09:28 »

Ahem, I think I know who:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Lawrence
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: 2020-03-12 09:24:29 »

Has she been looking to make the transition from silver screen to v.o.?

A childhood crush would naturally be the next logical step on Richie's to-do list... and the Mayda/Gloria feud (if admittedly one-sided) would be perfect fodder for show scrips.  Also, Mayda has been noticeably toned down in previous animated adaptations, likely to not encourage young kids to imitate her comic self's propensity to throw tantrums and swear.  I say Netflix oughtta let her cut loose (appropriately censored, of course)!  Dot and Lotta would naturally be offended by her salty language ( DOT: Wow. I did not know you could use that word as a gerund. ), but I could see Audrey and Mayda hitting it off immediately, with impressionable Audrey picking up a few choice new vocabulary words from her new "bestie".

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: 2020-06-07 15:48:55 »

'We’re not doing guns': Elmer Fudd stripped of rifle in Looney Tunes reboot, plus many other politically correct changes...

HBO Max premiered the remake of Looney Tunes Cartoons last week, and the executive producer told the New York Times that weapons such as dynamite and other “Acme stuff” will be used in the series but not guns.

“We’re not doing guns,” Peter Browngardt said. “But we can do cartoony violence — TNT, the Acme stuff. All that was kind of grandfathered in.”

Character Yosemite Sam will also not be using guns as weapons, according to outlet Comic Book.

Instead of a gun, Fudd uses a scythe to try to catch his nemesis, Bugs Bunny. The series will feature 200 new episodes starring fan favorites such as Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, and Sylvester the Cat.

“We’re going through this wave of anti-bullying, everybody needs to be friends, everybody needs to get along,” he said. “Looney Toons is pretty much the antithesis of that. It’s two characters in conflict, sometimes getting pretty violent.”

The move comes as other classic shows and movies have been altered to fit with the current times, including Cinderella. A forthcoming reboot of the classic fairy tale will include a genderless Fairy Godmother.

Actor and singer Billy Porter, who is noted for his “gender fluidity,” announced he would take the spotlight as the Fairy Godmother and called the move “really powerful.”

“Who I am and what I represent is very specific and really shows that this moment is about inclusivity and moving the needle towards self-acceptance and humanity and self-care and all those things,” Porter said.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: 2020-06-07 17:22:56 »

I've mentioned elsewhere that Sam wouldn't be waving his trademark six-shooters.  Okay, I guess I can understand why, sorta, but replacing it with things like arm-wrestling just seems... weird.  Also, why is Sam so buff in that episode?!  (scoff) Like, guh-rody.  Cha.

Yeah, that's definitely the guy behind Uncle Grandpa producing this thing. In one of the latest shorts, Bugs hits Elmer in the face, briefly crushing in his features and making him look like a literal butthole. 

Here's a screencap of a UG cartoon with the same joke.
« Last Edit: 2020-06-07 17:26:22 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #39 on: 2020-06-07 23:15:28 »

Not having a gun?  That's stupid.  He's a hunter.  How does he not have a gun?  And who runs around with a scythe?  Is he a communist now?  Lol.  So they are saying violence is bad by removing a gun... but promote the cartoon with literally 30 different dynamite explosions blow up this guy.... Yeah.  Great stupid PC message.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: 2020-06-08 19:22:31 »

Wow... PC is going too far to appease everyone.  I mean... it has for a long time, but now they are taking away stuff no one even took offense too.  Appease a few, offend many.  And still, they keep the mutilating humor?  Uhhh... okay?  What did this accomplish?
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: 2020-06-15 20:18:24 »

So has anyone seen that new show on Hulu, Crossing Swords? From the good people who gave us Robot Chicken, it's a raunchy animated comedy set in medieval times. In this it's very reminiscent of Matt Groening (The Simpsons)'s Disenchanted, but it's much cruder in every respect-- the language, the humor, and the character designs. Seriously, the characters are wooden Lego-type toys with pasted-on mouths...and--er--other bits, where applicable. Let me reiterate: this isn't for kids... even though Tara Strong once again voices a magic purple flying creature.  It's very weird, I must say, to hear Twilight Sparkle's voice crying, while charging into battle, "Glitter is FAIRY SHIT!"
« Last Edit: 2020-06-15 20:32:47 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2020-07-08 02:49:04 »

Yes!! I just watched the intire series on Hulu, crossing swords was surprising good.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2020-07-10 17:18:09 »

CLOSE enough FINALLY Premiered rather unexpectedly.  HBO has the first episode for free on their Youtube.

FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: 2020-07-13 22:04:24 »

^ Looks like they already removed the episode.  That was fast.
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Streaming Services Show Discussions « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024