PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: My Little Pony: Pony Life Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Little Pony: Pony Life Discussion  (Read 39230 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2019-11-13 17:15:27 »

It has begun....

MY LITTLE PONY: PONY LIFE

My Little Pony: Pony Life will be airing in 2020 on Discovery Family.  Pony Life looks to be centered around Sugarcube Corner this time, with "Slice of Life" style episodes that kids can relate to being the focus.

Press Release Below.

MY LITTLE PONY: PONY LIFE, is an all-new animated series produced by Hasbro’s Allspark Animation, launching in 2020, with a robust product line inspired by the series and available from select retailers this winter.

The “Mane 6” characters fans fell in love with in MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC are back with all-new character design inspired by chibi-style animation. The MY LITTLE PONY: PONY LIFE series launches next year with all-new content premiering on Discovery Family and Discovery Family GO and short form content on the MY LITTLE PONY YouTube channel. MY LITTLE PONY: PONY LIFE features the same voice actors who made the Mane 6 famous in MY LITTLE PONY:FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC.

The new look for the franchise kicks off this winter with an exciting product line featuring toys designed to Reveal the Magic of Friendship with the comical characters and mysterious potions that are featured in the animated series. The new line dials up the magic experiences more than ever before with magical potion surprise, magic growing hair, magic color reveal hair, and more! Each product can reveal even more magic with a special potion bottle to unbox in every package. Amazon will be the first to debut select new products on November 13. Additional MY LITTLE PONY: PONY LIFE product will start hitting shelves at select retailers in December – just in time for the holidays. Toys “R” Us will be the exclusive destination for the MY LITTLE PONY Magic Potion line in Canada in 2020.

“We are thrilled to reveal a new, magical chapter for the MY LITTLE PONY franchise – and it’s funnier, sweeter and warmer than ever!” says Samantha Lomow, President, Hasbro Entertainment Brands. “Our magical MY LITTLE PONY makeover is inspired by our fans who are looking for more ways to experience their favorite characters from the MY LITTLE PONY world. We are also bringing the magic to life with all new ways to play so our fans can experience the magic through engaging new products. We hope fans of all ages will enjoy exploring a fun new side of friendship and all the new story magic MY LITTLE PONY: PONY LIFE has to offer as we gear up for the launch of the all new MY LITTLE PONY movie from Paramount on September 24, 2021.”

The new MY LITTLE PONY: PONY LIFE show looks at the funny side of friendship. The new center of the world is Sugarcube Corner – just like going to a friend’s house after school, this is our ponies’ home away from home. Here, Pinkie Pie serves up frosted cupcakes to the best customers in the world— her friends! PONY LIFE episodes feature hilarious, “SLICE OF LIFE” stories that modern kids can relate to. The series is LOADED with magic, including a mysterious source of potions that Pinkie keeps hidden behind the bakery counter and breaks out when the need arises.

aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2019-11-13 17:39:20 »

At least, the main characters we grew to love are all coming back. But aside from that, I dunno. I'm not sold yet. The designs and overall atmosphere are kinda putting me off... but we'll see.

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2019-11-13 18:23:02 »

I'm not sure what to say yet until we see how it's animated and written.  It seems like it is aimed for more children viewers than even the current MLP:fiM.  I do hope it's good.  The style seems a tad too wild at the moment but I am hopeful.  I hope it isn't just a bunch of screaming, yellowing, and constant jokes, 
« Last Edit: 2019-11-13 18:23:46 by Smiles2us » Logged
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2019-11-13 20:24:26 »

Bring it on

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2019-11-13 20:24:28 »

I'm just going to wait and find out.  I'm not too fond of the new character designs and I hold the same reservations as mentioned above by both Numbers and Smiles... but I will wait.  Another big thing will be the voices.  I am sure they will be different voice actors.... but I kinda hope not. I am cautiously optimistic.

One positive.... more ponies. :)  Hopefully good ponies.  Keep this fandom going!
« Last Edit: 2019-11-13 20:25:48 by RainySunshine » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2019-11-16 00:53:09 »

:(    I'm nervous....worried...concerned.

Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2019-11-16 17:27:30 »

I'm really worried about this guys.  I don't think it will bring back any fandom remotely close to what MLP:FiM has.  It will split the community further to people who like it and carry over and those who will stay back and eventually be forgotten.   :nervoussmile:
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2019-11-17 14:32:03 »

I think you're right.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2019-11-17 23:01:51 »

I'm concerned.  Looks like it will be a scream fest in he likes of something like that Lego Kitty cartoon show.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2019-12-15 15:46:16 »

I'm real nervous about this show.  I am thinking it will be nothing more than bright colors, screaming, action, yelling, and just purely comedy.  It won't have depth.  It seems like it will fit the mold of so many forgettable shows now days. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: 2019-12-15 15:49:16 »

Teaser video and my fears are accelerated.  Just looking at how different the characters are and are nothing like their previous characters personalities.... Oh gosh. :(

And doom and gloom has already taken hold. This show would probably do better on a real network, not Discovery Family.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2019-12-15 16:31:09 »

Bridle Gossip, Silver. Bridle Gossip.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2019-12-15 23:39:32 »

You have faith this will be a good show?

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2019-12-16 06:07:58 »

You have faith this will be a good show?

I don't know what to think of it yet. Not until I see the show itself and not just a promo piece. Not gonna judge the book by its cover.

~~~~~~~~
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2019-12-16 14:34:23 »

I'm am judging this book by it's cover so hard right now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: My Little Pony: Pony Life Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024