PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cartoons From Around The World 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cartoons From Around The World  (Read 740 times)
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« on: 2021-11-08 23:10:41 »

Cartoons From Around The World

The United States is a media powerhouse.  For the most part, media that comes from this country is spread through the world and for the most part people know of American shows, even if they have never seen it personally.  Examples of this are Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, Superman, Batman, The Simpsons, Spongebob Squarepants, etc.  Europe, though to a lesser scale, has some very big names that are mainly spread throughout Europe, though in some cases they can penetrate the US market and others around the world.  A few examples may be Tintin, Asterix, and Wallace and Gromit.

So for the most part, people know of the cartoons (animated and comic books) from the USA.  I want to open this topic up to cartoons from OUTSIDE the USA, so we can broaden our horizons and learn more about other countries, their cultures, and their cartoon content for kids and adults to enjoy. When sharing your content below please name the country of it's origin and share what you know about it.  If you have a video clip or photos of it, please share.

Let's make this a fun topic in which we can have fun conversation and maybe learn something new or find a new favorite.

« Last Edit: 2021-11-08 23:11:01 by Grapefoot » Logged

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2021-11-08 23:23:20 »

DENMARK - Jungledyret Hugo / Hugo

So I wanted to start us out with a cartoon that maybe a few in the US have seen, but it certainly wasn't a lot.  Jungledyret Hugo (or simplified as Hugo in N. America) was a Danish movie then cartoon series. It was created by Danish author and filmmaker Flemming Quist Møller.  Hugo is some sort of animal, but we're never quite sure what he is.  I bring him up because the original movie he stars in is very well animated but even better in the second movie, and while poorly dubbed into English, animation fans may certainly still enjoy watching it, especially the female fox, Rita!

I included some clips below for you to enjoy.  Feel free to seek more out about the show character and series here.

This is the Danish and English versions.  The English version really added more theatrical music, but there is something to be said about the silence in the original Danish version.

I wish I could share more, but there really isn't much on Youtube, but you can find it at other websites and buy/watch it from Amazon or Amazon Prime.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cartoons From Around The World « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024