PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Easter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Easter  (Read 23416 times)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #30 on: 2016-03-30 04:24:49 »

See stuff like that is okay. It's subtle. It's not in your face like "YOU SHOULD BE RELIGIOUS TOO!!1!one!"
There are some stories that are just like... Nu. Plz. I just wanted a story about ponies.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2016-03-30 09:53:51 »

Ive seen religious views in pony comics. Even Scootaloo's Scootaquest has religion laced in it. Whether it has meaning or just for fun I dont know. But Twi had a Holy Bible on her book shelf. We see churches in backgrounds and Applejack eveb prayed, though never specific.

I forgot about that.  But yeah, it was done fine because it wasn't in your face and it wasn't the central point of the comic.  The comic is still character driven.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: 2016-03-30 10:18:33 »

Catholicism and Christianity go hand in hand.  In overarching everything-ness, they are Christian.

One could also say Mormonism is under the Christian banner too.  Though they do certainly have different beliefs and have added the Book of Mormon as well and the Holy Bible to their readings and understanding.  Many Mormons do not accept the Trinitarian views of orthodox Nicene Christianity, which were agreed upon by Christians back during the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed.  That means, all these groups, or sects of Christianity (Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Anglican, major Protestant denominations) all agreed to accept what the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed said.  Mormonism has not accepted it.  This was agreed upon in 325 and then was updated at the First Council of Constantinople in 381.  You can view the difference between the two agreements here.

They all just have some different beliefs or viewpoints based on who founded it.

Today honestly was a rough day for me :( but man...I was not expecting this. I'm seriously happy I saw this ^^ The reason why is because I'm a Mormon. The full name of our church is different, but Mormon is a nickname that is a lot less of a mouthful to say. The nickname makes a lot of sense because of the Book of Mormon, and we do believe in the Bible too :D

Sorry you had a rough day, heck, kind of a rough few weeks for you.  But I know it will get better.  Glad I helped maybe clear some things up.  I actually had this very discussion again today with someone else, then we went on and talked about Catholicism and Islam.  Very interesting topics, but very few can be non judgmental about it. 
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: 2016-03-30 11:23:16 »

Putting our religions in pony stories makes no sense, considering their deities walk among them.  Unless you wanna squeeze greek/roman stuff in there (which I'm very guilty of doing, especially giving Celestia a boner for Apollo's legend XD )
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: 2017-04-13 05:59:22 »

(I see that some of the stuff said in this topic had been long forgotten...)
Sooo, I am bringing this topic back up, because... Easter. ;)
« Last Edit: 2017-04-13 06:00:16 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #35 on: 2017-04-13 09:00:09 »

Well it is Easter time.

aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: 2017-04-13 09:06:15 »

And that's why I brought it back up. Easter. ;p

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: 2017-04-13 10:08:17 »

Putting our religions in pony stories makes no sense, considering their deities walk among them. 
Eh, not much different from the mainstream comics. The early Superman stories were written and drawn by nice Jewish boys. At least one character in DC Comics professes atheism, despite gods existing freely and having met one personally. Wonder Woman professes a strong faith, and little wonder-- Hephaestus built her bracelets breastplate, she knows Ares, god of war, and I believe her "father" is no less than Hades, ruler of the underworld. Hawkgirl's people once worshiped a brutal Cthulhu-esque monster. The New Gods, a race of powerful aliens who have existed since time immemorial, draw heavily from Judeo-Christian teachings. Likewise, Marvel has Thor, and takes much of his background and characters from Norse mythology. So religion and comic books have always been inexorably tied.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-13 10:08:50 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: 2017-04-13 10:16:12 »

There's still no in universe reason why ponies would know what Christianity is.  The only Jesus they have is alive in a blowing alley.

Much different than superheroes who live in our world and are exposed to our religions.  Reading comprehension and all that.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-14 21:52:29 by Kyrl » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #39 on: 2017-04-13 14:08:28 »

Oh my god, that pedophile pony? Yeah, super creepy reference.

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #40 on: 2017-04-13 21:06:08 »

Happy Easter! :D 
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #41 on: 2017-04-13 21:06:44 »

Happy Easter, Smiles!

SNEE
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2017-04-13 21:06:58 »

Thank you, Miggs! 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2017-04-15 22:04:48 »

Happy Easter everyone.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #44 on: 2017-04-16 05:39:20 »

Unfortunately not much happy for me. I can't even spend it with my brother. I'm traveling back to my college today. And missing everything.

I hope everyone else's is a happy time though.

Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Easter « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024